Ray Ray

Ukraine's new AK

I don't get it. Urkraine didn't join NATO, that would be an fu to putin. Buying some crap platform rifles from a company that doesn't even make firearms seems really fishy and that u.s. company making the firearms is Ukrainian also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm aware of that, I'm just skeptical of the whole thing. Either they are joining NATO or they are not. The prototype rifle is just a jab at Russia coming from the Ukrainians and i doubt Russia cares. Ukraine doesn't seem like it's in a financial postion to change over there primary platform which is 5.45 &7.62x39 over to 5.56 which is the idea with that rifle without financial help from the u.s. or NATO. Urkraine is probably sitting on massive amounts of Soviet era small arms and ammo why waste it?
It's certainly an interesting topic because all this is about land expansion. It's funny not much has changed since ww2. The Soviets loved there "buffer" zones (invasion of the Baltic states , Finland, etc). While the U.s./euro continues its influence expansion closer to the Russian borders it's no coincidence the annexation or Crimea happened.

10 hours ago, cmarcell said:

I don't get it. Urkraine didn't join NATO, that would be an fu to putin. Buying some crap platform rifles from a company that doesn't even make firearms seems really fishy and that u.s. company making the firearms is Ukrainian also.

My guess is that they'll try to get the US to subsidize the arms. Then around 2020 they'll ask for more money to switch over to 5.56mm in exchange for joining NATO. Then they can "borrow" ammunition whenever they participate in operations with countries using 5.56mm. Like that guy at the range that comes to shoot with you, but only brings one box of ammo. 

HAHAHAHA  No fucking joke, Igor is my mom's cousin.  He owns a company that makes blimps. 

I was just talking to his dad about this in November when he was in NJ for my Grandma's 80th birthday party.  I thought nothing of it.  This is awesome!!!!!

I'm confused by this too. How is a Jewish immigrant from Ukraine making guns in the US is a Neo Nazi. 

Maybe this will clear things up some. 

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-u-s-has-installed-a-neo-nazi-government-in-ukraine/5371554

Company is State Run. I wasn't referring to the American design company that they partnered with.

Maybe this will clear things up some.  
https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-u-s-has-installed-a-neo-nazi-government-in-ukraine/5371554

Company is State Run. I wasn't referring to the American design company that they partnered with.

How does this article from 2014 link those far right guys to the Ukroboronprom and the deal with aero? Most if not all of those guys are not in office currenty and the svoboda(freedom) party currently has almost zero influence in the government. Not disagreeing just don't see the link.

article says :::::::::::: a modernized variant of the famous M16 assault rifle, extensively used as primary infantry weapon by the U.S. Army and Marine Corps since 1994, as well as in more than 50 other nations. :::::::::::::::::::

but i thought the m16 has been in service since viet nam?

How does this article from 2014 link those far right guys to the Ukroboronprom and the deal with aero? Most if not all of those guys are not in office currenty and the svoboda(freedom) party currently has almost zero influence in the government. Not disagreeing just don't see the link.

Sarcasm with some truth. Seems you guys take your Eastern Bloc Rifles very serious.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sarcasm with some truth. Seems you guys take your Eastern Bloc Rifles very serious.

I'm surprised you don't, from your forum activity on a vast of other forums you are a collector of especially Finnish items. The conflict in that area is still very alive and is very interesting to follow.

Odd articles pop up time to time showing not much has changed as far as Soviet/Russian ambitions.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/finnish-government-suspects-russia-of-buying-property-to-house-troops-a7392841.html%3famp

I'm surprised you don't, from your forum activity on a vast of other forums you are a collector of especially Finnish items. The conflict in that area is still very alive and is very interesting to follow.

Odd articles pop up time to time showing not much has changed as far as Soviet/Russian ambitions.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/finnish-government-suspects-russia-of-buying-property-to-house-troops-a7392841.html%3famp

I actually do follow the politics. I hate admitting Russia I believe is right in Crimea. Yes I collect Finnish Military items from Civil War to Lapland War. Also the target rifles. Unfortunately NJ doesn't allow me to own newer Valmet Semis or I probably would.

You are correct about the Russians today. There is a Finnish saying that covers it. A Russian is a Russian even if you fry them in oil.

I really don't buy newer rifles.

That sounds like CNN trying to connect Trump to Richard Spencer.  Come on dude. 
It's just one article not going to debate it, but Scott Creighton did a good job covering Ukraine if you want to learn more. I'm not a big fan of him but I can recognize good reporting.

Neo Nazi's are not far right.  They are far left.  Think black Lives Matter and Antifa
Not sure if that translates in this case "neo nazis" in urkraine are very anti communism, anti atheist, socially conservative .....in their own way of course.

9 minutes ago, cmarcell said:

Not sure if that translates in this case "neo nazis" in urkraine are very anti communism, anti atheist, socially conservative .....in their own way of course.