Krdshrk

Shotgun Shootout - Superb Owl Sunday - Feb 4th 2018 @ 9AM

Things I learned today:

If you're shooting a shockwave single handed, make damn sure you got a good and proper grip on the bird's head.

I think someone makes a less aggressive safety switch. Might need to get one.

Red dot sucks.

Receiver rail alone makes a pretty good sight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sota said:

Things I learned today:

Red dot sucks.

Receiver rail alone makes a pretty good sight.

I'm not exactly a fan of lasers but I think a laser would be very useful on the shockwave.  I find that I shoot low and to the left with mine and a laser would be helpful in lining up a good shot.  fwiw, the shockwave does not strike me as a red dot kinda gun.

8 minutes ago, sota said:

I had a lot of broken white flyers too.

Is there an expiration date on clays?

Yes, the bio clays will break down over time and get brittle.  They should last for a year in unheated dry storage.  Dampness does them in.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Iggyort theory. Leaving in car overnight in cold, no bueno.

solid theory 

Cold pitch clays are harder to break in cold weather.  Even if you hit the target, it may just get punched with some holes.  I saw several targets today that got bumped without breaking

Here's something interesting I just learned.  Bio targets slough off orange dust when they are cold.  So it may not have been my flash clays.  I dunno, 50/50 at worst..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Cold pitch clays are harder to break in cold weather.  Even if you hit the target, it may just get punched with some holes.  I saw several targets today that got bumped without breaking

Here's something interesting I just learned.  Bio targets slough off orange dust when they are cold.  So it may not have been my flash clays.  I dunno, 50/50 at worst..

It ain’t no gun safe queen thrower. All good bro.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Had a great time today with you guys & gals!  And RayRay's Mossy Double Defender is SWEEEEEET, lol!

Correction David, it's a Stoeger Double Defense.  The Mossberg version is an over/under and the Stoeger is a side by side.

6642.jpeg

Just now, Ray Ray said:

Correction David, it's a Stoeger Double Defense.  The Mossberg version is an over/under and the Stoeger is a side by side.

So noted Ray & thanks for the correction!  Stoeger's answer is a BAD ASS Coach Gun that points quite nicely :)  4 for 4 having never held it previously was a thrill!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

So noted Ray & thanks for the correction!  Stoeger's answer is a BAD ASS Coach Gun that points quite nicely :)  4 for 4 having never held it previously was a thrill!

The front sight is fiber optic.  It's bright and since it is so close to the shooter it brings the barrels towards the clay.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

@Iggyort theory. Leaving in car overnight in cold, no bueno.

solid theory 

All the trap and skeet clubs with which I’m familiar keep their clays outside in unheated trailers sheds, or shipping containers. Doesn’t cause a problem for them. 

• Like 2