Krdshrk

Shotgun Shootout - Superb Owl Sunday - Feb 4th 2018 @ 9AM

38 minutes ago, 10X said:

All the trap and skeet clubs with which I’m familiar keep their clays outside in unheated trailers sheds, or shipping containers. Doesn’t cause a problem for them. 

Well, there goes my theory  but it makes sense. 

On to the next explanation...   ;)

20180204_093345.jpg

20180204_093233.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 10X said:

All the trap and skeet clubs with which I’m familiar keep their clays outside in unheated trailers sheds, or shipping containers. Doesn’t cause a problem for them. 

Yup. I have stored NON biodegradable clays in a shed for almost 4 years without a problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Champion box doesn’t say bio. 

Yup - they're not - they should be fine but who knows.  I don't think I had near as many issues as you did with Champions in my thrower... but yeah the White Flyers are generally more reliable

18 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Yup - they're not - they should be fine but who knows.  I don't think I had near as many issues as you did with Champions in my thrower... but yeah the White Flyers are generally more reliable

No issues with flyers. Maybe 2 or 3.

btw.

volts on bat. 13.2 when we got home.

I wonder if the composition of the white flyers they sell at wallmart are the same as the ones I get at my trap club.  The clays I get at Salomon's are the same as the ones they use in ATA meets,

Also, I'm wondering if they broke from being dropped from the hopper onto the thrower arm, or if they were already cracked when they were loaded into the hopper.

58 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I wonder if the composition of the white flyers they sell at wallmart are the same as the ones I get at my trap club.  The clays I get at Salomon's are the same as the ones they use in ATA meets,

Also, I'm wondering if they broke from being dropped from the hopper onto the thrower arm, or if they were already cracked when they were loaded into the hopper.

Or all the chalk.

no issues last Saturday in Stratford. White flyers, I don’t think it’s the thrower.

Most White Flyers today are bios, so the cost is less.  Only packaging is different.  Pitch targets last longer but getting harder to find.  Mostly seen only at trap events due to cost. Keeping out moisture is the key.

• Like 1

So sorry I couldn't be there today. I would have enjoyed meeting you all in person and getting my hot cocoa. I was doing my family thing, which was very important, but I sure could have used the commradery of everyone shooting clays (or in my case probably missing clays). Please let me know if there's a next time.

8 hours ago, remixer said:

I'm not making any accusations... Only pointing out what my extremely sharp senses are telling me.possible_terror.jpg

Nice meeting you @remixer... oh wait, you weren’t there. 

Maybe next time you can use your extremely sharp senses to help you get to the range:good:

• Like 5