High Exposure

Investigation of a Shooting at TTC

If you've ever been to Ramsey Outdoor in Roxbury, the guys who work the gun counter joke around now and say they're gonna give you a pound of pot with every AR-15 purchase

Ya know, years back when I was a kid, my dad would take me to the gun range on the street in Asbury Park by the Palace Amusements...you could fire .38 Cal. revolvers or .22 Cal. rifles right there out on the sidewalk at the metal moving targets.....no problems......guns were chained to the counter.......don't know what happened to our society, but it's messed up....OMO.

a lot of high schools used to have gun ranges too. Mine did, so did Morris Hills & Morris Knolls HS.

Kids would bring their 22 cal rifles to high school and keep 'em in their lockers....a bus would take them to Ray's sport shop after school where the High School shooting team would practice.....that's when Ray's was in Scotch Plains, NJ before the fire.

Also, remember going to Greeley's in Cedar Grove with the big wheel crank and the target cable retrieve.....that was sometin'. Always seemed the target would slip off the clip half way back while cranking....

DAMN!  So sorry to see this happen again!  I don't know everything about it (yet), so I'm not going to speculate & stir the pot.  I realize this is a FORUM, and it being so emboldens some of us to intense speculation, but we should always remember that the Forum is public and act accordingly.  Hearsay & "opinions" aren't really called for (OMG did I just type THAT?), but sincere condolences to all of those affected should be the order of the day.  This is sadly gonna happen at commercial ranges.  Smart owners have a plan in-place to deal with it.  Many range owners share info & tips.

In the 2A community we have to deal with it as well.  Sometimes the media calls us or writes to us asking for interviews.  We always answer in such a way that our words can't be "twisted" for a sound bite that fits the Anti's narrative.  Don't let yourselves fall prey to such antics HERE........

What are they waitin' for a gun fight to break out.......paper punchers, gun renters and a suicide victim once in awhile....Who the hell wants to shoot / train under those conditions.......no thanks.
I support the wear and use of body armor everywhere and by everyone

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk