wangsly

NJGF Meet up at Longshot Range

9 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Come shoot shotguns Sunday :D

I won't be around this sunday unfortunately. I'm going to RTSP today to sight in my MRO. Works out because I can tie in a visit to my parents either before or after the range.

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Trying to make it for 6:30 but no guarantees - gotta pick up parents from the airport now - flights got cancelled/etc.

Sorry guys - gotta cancel.  Heading to the airport now to grab my parents.  Got an early AM wakeup for them to catch their rescheduled flight.  Friend who wanted to go had to work late too.

Not worth it to drive an hour + in traffic now.

Get some pics and let us know how it is!

I’ll try to get one set up in March, even try to make it a monthly thing if it’s ok with the owner Jeff. They have a few classes coming up in March too, I think jeff is just looking to zero in on the days. 

Basic Handgun

Intermediate Handgun

Basic Carbine 

Intermediate Carbine

classes are 6 hours each, it’s eithrr going to be three 2 hour nights of two 3 hour nights

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GunsnFreedom said:

I went, it was nice, clean and new.  Lots of bathrooms, two 25 yd ranges and one 50 yd range.  I had the whole place to myself and one rando dude.  It cost me 20 for the bay and 20 for ammo.  

They are light on stock, but that was expected

They made you use their own ammo?  Or were you just purchasing extra?

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

They made you use their own ammo?  Or were you just purchasing extra?

I bought extra.  Their range ammo was cheaper than the stuff I buy anyway.  I didn't have much range ammo (last went shooting at RTSP and hadn't stocked back up).  I used what I brought first and then went through their box.

5 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

I bought extra.  Their range ammo was cheaper than the stuff I buy anyway.  I didn't have much range ammo (last went shooting at RTSP and hadn't stocked back up).  I used what I brought first and then went through their box.

Ah ok.  The time to stock up is now!  what do you need?  9mm?

MidwayUSA still has an awesome sale going on ammo, for 5.56 at least I know they have IMI 55gr for .23/round, get it while you can. Another good site that consistently is below .30/round for almost all grains is bitethebullet.co , it's all remanufactured ammo, leaves a lot of carbon and dust but I shot 200 rounds of it last week through my rifle with no issue.

23 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Ah ok.  The time to stock up is now!  what do you need?  9mm?

.45 and .226/5.53

20 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

MidwayUSA still has an awesome sale going on ammo, for 5.56 at least I know they have IMI 55gr for .23/round, get it while you can. Another good site that consistently is below .30/round for almost all grains is bitethebullet.co , it's all remanufactured ammo, leaves a lot of carbon and dust but I shot 200 rounds of it last week through my rifle with no issue.

I hear very differing opinions on IMI ammo.  Some say it never gives them issues whereas others say they won't touch it after putting 100 rounds through. 

1 hour ago, GunsnFreedom said:

.45 and .226/5.53

I hear very differing opinions on IMI ammo.  Some say it never gives them issues whereas others say they won't touch it after putting 100 rounds through. 

after looking at it, I feel like it is no different than Federal Premium. I have both. For all we know they are all made in the same factories as one another. If you're going with 55 grain brass most brands are safe. We'll see. I haven't fired it yet.

15 minutes ago, fatty said:

I've had great luck with IMI ammo as well.  Strange thing is that my last batch of IMI M193 produced green fireballs out of my 20" AR.  

IMO... american eagle is incredibly dirty firing ammo

Agreed with American Eagle; I've had the same issues with Aguila .45

18 minutes ago, fatty said:

I've had great luck with IMI ammo as well.  Strange thing is that my last batch of IMI M193 produced green fireballs out of my 20" AR.  

IMO... american eagle is incredibly dirty firing ammo

You got some copper fouling?  Green fire usually means there's copper...

30 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

You got some copper fouling?  Green fire usually means there's copper...

Really??  Damn this was on a brand new SS barrel...  I don't have anymore IMI, but will try with other m193 later today and see if it's still green lol.

5 minutes ago, fatty said:

Really??  Damn this was on a brand new SS barrel...  I don't have anymore IMI, but will try with other m193 later today and see if it's still green lol.

Well - I dunno if it was just the light or anything - if you clean it see if the patches come out with a blue or green coloring.  If not you should be fine.  I'm just saying that green fire generally means there's copper (well, copper sulfate) burning...