wangsly

NJGF Meet up at Longshot Range

17 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Well - I dunno if it was just the light or anything - if you clean it see if the patches come out with a blue or green coloring.  If not you should be fine.  I'm just saying that green fire generally means there's copper (well, copper sulfate) burning...

I'm not a chemist, but the green is copper fouling from the bullet jacket. I have no idea where copper sulfate would be coming from as no copper is used in any priming compounds that I could find. Your new barrel would have just exacerbated the problem - stripping more copper from the jacket due to the sharp, new rifling. Look at some barrel break-in routines and you'll see that one of the aims of doing so is to "smooth" the bore. Get a good bore cleaner that states that it is good for copper fouling.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Excellent advice Bob - thank you.

I'm heading out to LongShot's 50yd range in about 30 minutes or so if anyone else happens to be heading that way.  I'll likely be the only asian guy... with a blacked out Mak90 and 20" AR.  Come say hi

ill be sure to say hi next time.

Longshot is definitely a great facility and the owner is a really nice guy.  Look forward to spending more time in that 50yd range and the upcoming live fire simulation.  

to be clear on ammo, I confirmed with the owner that steel case ammo is fine as long as the bullet isnt bi-metal or steel core.  so for you AK guys wolf polyformance with copper jacket is GTG in 762 and hornady 5.45 as well.

42 minutes ago, fatty said:

to be clear on ammo, I confirmed with the owner that steel case ammo is fine as long as the bullet isnt bi-metal or steel core.  so for you AK guys wolf polyformance with copper jacket is GTG in 762 and hornady 5.45 as well.

How about Golden Tiger?

I was there last Thursday and it’s a nice place. Good layout, friendly staff, and the range officers were cool. Will definitely be going there often. As for more meets, I think it would be cool to have a monthly meet up. Thursday’s would be fine with me. Also I’m gonna try to go this Thursday if anyone wants to meet up 

• Like 1

what are their hours? Thinking of going saturday evening with a buddy.

Just spent an hour and a half there, awesome range! Talked to the owner for a bit. Will be a place i’ll go often

29 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

You will be lonely

Sometimes that's not a bad thing. I'm joining Cherry Ridge until a spot opens up at Shongum, so when the weather breaks you can come be my guest. BTW my brother is moving back to NJ, so one more run & gunner!!!

3 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Sometimes that's not a bad thing. I'm joining Cherry Ridge until a spot opens up at Shongum, so when the weather breaks you can come be my guest. BTW my brother is moving back to NJ, so one more run & gunner!!!

Pics of your brother.   @Mrs. Peel and @Mrs.Zeke are dying to have a gander at the Nick Lachey look-a-like.