Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone run Ranger Plates on their P-Mags?

Like the title states, does anyone run Ranger Plates? I've put them on 30 round mags before when i was in the Military and it was as simple as replacing the floor plate with the Ranger Plate. As we all know all Magpul P-Mags made NJ Compliant the floor plates are glued in place and can't be removed. Is there a home remedy for attaching Ranger plates to them? Or asking my FFL the next time he gets in P-Mags to set some aside, give him my ranger plates and ask him to fix them to the mag when they block them? Looking at my mags and plates, I considered cutting up the lips on the ranger plate and super gluing them in place, but if anyone has done this and has pictures to share, it would be appreciated!

I'd recommend the ones that slip over the bottom of the mag.  I have both types and prefer the soft rubbery version.  Cheap and easily replaceable 

I’ve never seen those ones, I had bought the other ones at Cabelas, sadly after a 2 hr drive back home I didn’t know they wouldn’t work ha. They kind of work with Hexmags but they don’t lock in place, so they slide off during use

Those are actual Magpuls, not Ranger Plates.  The problem with the Magpuls is that they take up a tremendous amount of room and make it impossible to pull out a single mag in dual mag pouches.  Ranger plates are much better.  However, we generally have to buy the Blocked mags with them already installed and pinned in place.  It adds to the cost but not significantly.

Lol neither of those are the same thing i want to run Ranger plates not those

Those are actual Magpuls, not Ranger Plates.  The problem with the Magpuls is that they take up a tremendous amount of room and make it impossible to pull out a single mag in dual mag pouches.  Ranger plates are much better.  However, we generally have to buy the Blocked mags with them already installed and pinned in place.  It adds to the cost but not significantly.

So my best bet is to contact my FFL, have him order me new mags and give him the ranger plates to install when he pins them?

4 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I got a lot of my Magpuls from MidwestPX:

http://midwestpx.com/magazines/limited-capacity-pmags/15-round.html

Ranger plate is an option - adds to the cost but it's worth it to me.

Awesome, this site will come in handy when I get my 716DMR in next week.

I have 30 round p-mags that I do run ranger plates on and they work great (I have a storage locker I rent in PA near EGFA that I keep them in) but would love to run them on my pmags I have for NJ shooting.