diamondd817

Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Question

Sub2000's are awesome. They may have a plasticky feel and cheap parts, but the innovative design, light recoil, and light weight make up for any con's IMO. The thing folds in half for cripes sake!

Plenty of upgrades are available as well. There is no doubt KelTec has issues with some of its guns but the S2K ive shot have shot great.

Ruger PC is not easily comparable, maybe just because it's a pistol carbine. But design, feel, foldability, and weight all go to the S2K. There's no doubt Ruger made a nice gun with the PCC but I don't think they can be compared easily.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

I saw that. I can get one new for less than what he wants. I don't have to have the nickel finish. 

Might be worth giving him a call.

" For sale:  A rare Kel-Tec sub 2000 in 9mm, wich accepts Glock 19 magazines, Nickel Boron.
Need some money for college so, unfortunelly, it has to go... "

He probably has a lower price in mind that he'll accept.

Saves money on a NICS check, FFL fee's, tax, etc.

The Glock 19 version is pretty hard to find locally.  Just sayin...

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

Might be worth giving him a call.

" For sale:  A rare Kel-Tec sub 2000 in 9mm, wich accepts Glock 19 magazines, Nickel Boron.
Need some money for college so, unfortunelly, it has to go... "

He probably has a lower price in mind that he'll accept.

Saves money on a NICS check, FFL fee's, tax, etc.

The Glock 19 version is pretty hard to find locally.  Just sayin...

Glock 19 versions on GB $399 all day (black not nickle).  One guy has 18 of them. Not hard to find at all. I also prefer to buy this new. 

3 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

Ruger PC is not easily comparable, maybe just because it's a pistol carbine. But design, feel, foldability, and weight all go to the S2K. There's no doubt Ruger made a nice gun with the PCC but I don't think they can be compared easily.

The PCC breaks in two, which is either better or not better than the Sub2K.

PCC can hold an optic, has a threaded barrel, takes ALL Glock double stack magazines, can be converted to take other OEM magazines, has a last shot bolt-hold open option and is made of better materials.  

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

The PCC breaks in two, which is either better or not better than the Sub2K.

PCC can hold an optic, has a threaded barrel, takes ALL Glock double stack magazines, can be converted to take other OEM magazines, has a last shot bolt-hold open option and is made of better materials.  

I know when you really like a gun, everything else is second best. 

But I will say it depends on the user. S2K can handle optics no problem and has a threaded barrel, numerous models take Glock mags and 2 or 3 other common manufacturers, BHO is debatable. If anything, PCC is made out of more metal which may be better in the long run. No doubt polymer is strong though.

Biggest two differences is how they fold, or take apart, and materials. Both are subjective wouldn't you agree?

In the end, just like most guns, buy both :-)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RecessedFilter said:

I know when you really like a gun, everything else is second best. 

But I will say it depends on the user. S2K can handle optics no problem and has a threaded barrel, numerous models take Glock mags and 2 or 3 other common manufacturers, BHO is debatable. If anything, PCC is made out of more metal which may be better in the long run. No doubt polymer is strong though.

Biggest two differences is how they fold, or take apart, and materials. Both are subjective wouldn't you agree?

In the end, just like most guns, buy both :-)

Lets break it down:

I was unaware the new version of the Sub2K has a threaded barrel so that is a wash.

Yes, the Sub2K can take an optic, but then you cannot fold it.  Unless you spend money on some hinged mount that I'm sure exists.  So the PCC wins.

Does the Glock version of the Sub2K take G26 magazines?  Nope.  PCC wins.

Does the Glock 19 version of the Sub2K have a full finger grip?  Nope.  PCC wins

Last shot bolt-hold open.  PCC wins.  Knowing that your rifle is empty is a good thing.  

The controls are a wash, as that is a preference thing, EXCEPT for the charging handle.  The PCCs charging handle is where it is supposed to be and is fully reversable for those who want to flop it where as the Sub2K is under the stock and not intuitive.   PCC wins.

The only thing that the Sub2K wins is that it you could get one that accepts 92/M9 magazines, Sig 226/229 magazines and M&P magazines.  But wait, there's more!  The Ruger can be swapped to Glock or Ruger with a simple magwell switch.  So, as of right now the Sub2K wins but I'm sure Ruger has plans for Sig/XDm/1911/10mm/Beretta whatever magazines.  All with just a swap of the magwell.

One last thing not mentioned is cost.  400 clams for a Sub2K is awesome.  500ish for the PCC is more, but it's a better value.

So, in conclusion, you lost and I win.  Andres, I will always love you and good luck with your new Shockwave.  

• Like 2

the sub2k is light enough, and folds up small enough that should one be so inclined, one could legitimatley keep one in their get-home bag, or bugout bag. it takes up such a small amount of space when folded, and would add what? a couple pounds to the weight of the bag? of course this is only if one were so inclined.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Lets break it down:

I was unaware the new version of the Sub2K has a threaded barrel so that is a wash.

Yes, the Sub2K can take an optic, but then you cannot fold it.  Unless you spend money on some hinged mount that I'm sure exists.  So the PCC wins.

Does the Glock version of the Sub2K take G26 magazines?  Nope.  PCC wins.

Does the Glock 19 version of the Sub2K have a full finger grip?  Nope.  PCC wins

Last shot bolt-hold open.  PCC wins.  Knowing that your rifle is empty is a good thing.  

The controls are a wash, as that is a preference thing, EXCEPT for the charging handle.  The PCCs charging handle is where it is supposed to be and is fully reversable for those who want to flop it where as the Sub2K is under the stock and not intuitive.   PCC wins.

The only thing that the Sub2K wins is that it you could get one that accepts 92/M9 magazines, Sig 226/229 magazines and M&P magazines.  But wait, there's more!  The Ruger can be swapped to Glock or Ruger with a simple magwell switch.  So, as of right now the Sub2K wins but I'm sure Ruger has plans for Sig/XDm/1911/10mm/Beretta whatever magazines.  All with just a swap of the magwell.

One last thing not mentioned is cost.  400 clams for a Sub2K is awesome.  500ish for the PCC is more, but it's a better value.

So, in conclusion, you lost and I win.  Andres, I will always love you and good luck with your new Shockwave.  

C'mon vato, you're not getting off that easy. You'll never win this cause neither of us are right or wrong considering most is subjective.

S2K can fold with an optic via an impressive handguard that rotates. There's actually a rather large market for aftermarket parts for these guns which is great... upgradeable triggers, handguards, bolt knobs, etc. You out of everyone would like that as not much you own isn't heavily tacticooled..I mean modified.

G26 mags, g19 finger handicap shelf, g392747 mag interchangeability...no points there. S2K use 19 and 17 mags since those are the 2 most popular Glocks as far as I know. I will say the PCC that accepts on the fly changes of different mags via the mag insert is pretty nifty.

BHO is null. It may be a convenient feature but doesn't effect the action or anything. Plenty of guns out there with no BHO, specifically AKs.

PCC charging handle location may be better but simply for familiarity  reasons. Just because the S2K's is rearward just makes it unique. Who says a Tavor's rearward magwell or an h&k g3 bolt handle all the way up front is right or wrong? Train and practice with what you got.

It's all subjective. The PCC is a typical fixed stock pistol carbine that breaks apart in 2 pieces and takes different mags. The S2K is a uniquely styled pistol carbine that physically folds in half, takes different mags, and is lighter and cheaper than the PCC.  PCC is 6.8lbs versus S2K at 4lbs...almost 3lb difference along with folding specs..20" rear half and 16" front half for the PCC make it basically 20"x7-8"? broken apart versus 16"x7" for the S2K.

Here's a nicely set up S2K with rotating mlok handguard, upgraded front sight, PA MRDS, and Tlr1s.

IMG_20180128_150903576.jpg

IMG_20180128_151217943.jpg

We will leave this to a jury to decide.  I have made my points and you have made yours.  But you are biased in that you spent serious coin on yours so you need to justify it.  I too had one, but quickly learned why Kel-Tec is sub par.  

Only time will tell on the Ruger PCC, but I feel both will continue to sell.

My buddy just hit 10k rounds through his gen1 Sub2000 last weekend. Not bad for a POS. Some people have tried cashing out of their recalled ones which is great as there are good deals to be had now. He snagged one this week for $200 some idiot was cutting loose cause they were scared about the recall. I was very jealous to say the least.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, diamondd817 said:

POS? I guess that's relative to what you plan on doing with it. I wouldn't use it a HD weapon or take it to the front lines in Afghanistan, but as a range toy it's suitable.

If your on the front lines with a firearm chambered in 9mm, then you better shoot the first goat fucker up close and take his AK.  Otherwise, you be dead.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Tell that to all the Tier One units (CAG, AWG, DEVGRU) that carried MP5s throughout the 80 and 90s. They seemed to make it work.

Ultimately it is the Indian and not the arrow.

That being said, for what I do, with modern gear I would prefer a rifle caliber.

We ain't talkin CQB, we talkin 300 yard shots.  Not happening with ANY pistol caliber.

On 4/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, diamondd817 said:

POS? I guess that's relative to what you plan on doing with it. I wouldn't use it a HD weapon or take it to the front lines in Afghanistan, but as a range toy it's suitable.

The POS comment was sarcasm responding to a past poster. I know it's hard to sense that online sometimes.

I'm very happy with the Sub2000 rifles as are my couple friends with them. I think they have their limitations but they are unique and a ton of fun.

1 hour ago, RecessedFilter said:

The POS comment was sarcasm responding to a past poster. I know it's hard to sense that online sometimes.

I'm very happy with the Sub2000 rifles as are my couple friends with them. I think they have their limitations but they are unique and a ton of fun.

Fun

Isn't that what this is all about?!?