Howard

Be careful who you sell ammo to

Just saw this article:  https://apnews.com/58e9557074dc4274887d8a9723d6eaef

They are going after the guy that sold ammo to the guy who shot up Las Vegas a few month back.  Sounds like going after the car dealer that sold you a car that you killed someone with.  This is getting ugly.

1 minute ago, Howard said:

Just saw this article:  https://apnews.com/58e9557074dc4274887d8a9723d6eaef

They are going after the guy that sold ammo to the guy who shot up Las Vegas a few month back.  Sounds like going after the car dealer that sold you a car that you killed someone with.  This is getting ugly.

He sold him the ammo legally, this is fake news/ propaganda 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

He sold him the ammo legally, this is fake news/ propaganda 

Many other sources reporting this including ABC and Fox.

27 CFR 478.37 prohibits the manufacture, sale, or import of armor piercing ammo without a license to do so.  There are certain exceptions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GRIZ said:

Many other sources reporting this including ABC and Fox.

27 CFR 478.37 prohibits the manufacture, sale, or import of armor piercing ammo without a license to do so.  There are certain exceptions.

Follow this case for a year.

this is a nothing burger

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Follow this case for a year.

this is a nothing burger

8 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Exactly what armor piercing ammo was sold? If it was green tips, this is absolutely a nothingburger. 

We really don't know what AP ammo he majufactured.  If he was producing a SS109 equivalent it would require him to have a license.  If he was selling factory new SS109 he wouldn't require a license.

More importantly, watch out for NJ laws to the effect of "it shall be unlawful to manufacture, make, construct, load, reload, sell, give, gift, dispose or otherwise transfer any type of ammunition without appropriate license....." and "it shall be unlawful to buy, receive, or otherwise come to possession of ammunition of any kind without first obtaining permit....". 

You know its coming. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GRIZ said:

We really don't know what AP ammo he majufactured.  If he was producing a SS109 equivalent it would require him to have a license.  If he was selling factory new SS109 he wouldn't require a license.

I though ss109 wasn't considered AP?

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

I though ss109 wasn't considered AP?

If he was manufacturing ammo with a penetrator it appears he would be in violation.  If he was selling ammo with a penetrator manufactured by a licensed firm he would not be in violation.  We're still unsure what type of AP ammo he was making.

they're looking for someone to distract from what really happened.....hoping that it keeps people happy that someone was prosecuted. unless this guy's a multi-millionaire, he's going down, 'cause he probably can't afford to defend himself against this.

• Like 1

they're looking for someone to distract from what really happened.....hoping that it keeps people happy that someone was prosecuted. unless this guy's a multi-millionaire, he's going down, 'cause he probably can't afford to defend himself against this.

Sadly that's exactly what they are doing. I read he was licensed. If he sold M855 it's legal. Technically one could argue that if he did make real AP 5.56 ammo it was only intended for rifles. He probably will get off after spending $100k.

If he wasn't a licensed manufacturer he could sell any surplus AP Ammo legally

Seller was operating within the rules of the law. Licensed and ammo was M855. This is from Google preview from his site smammo.com if someone checks the way back machine I'm sure it will show everything he sold was legal.

[https://encrypted-tbn0]

We now carry 5.56mm Armor Piercing Tracer ammunition. This projectile has an M855 type penetrator and a red bright ignition and trace tracer. The trace lights immediately out of the  ...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, jackandjill said:

More importantly, watch out for NJ laws to the effect of "it shall be unlawful to manufacture, make, construct, load, reload, sell, give, gift, dispose or otherwise transfer any type of ammunition without appropriate license....." and "it shall be unlawful to buy, receive, or otherwise come to possession of ammunition of any kind without first obtaining permit....". 

You know its coming. 

Ok....enforce it........  

Can't be done.

You already have to sign off on handgun ammo purchase right?

Not saying it's right......but have some perspective. ......

And yes this is all a distraction from what really happened. ....

Just curious, any proof that any of the victims were shot with armor piercing ammo? That proof is not necessary for what they have charged him with but could make a big difference to the outcome of his criminal case.

Just curious, any proof that any of the victims were shot with armor piercing ammo? That proof is not necessary for what they have charged him with but could make a big difference to the outcome of his criminal case.

We don't know what proofs or truths there are and I don't think LVPD does either. Feds are in charge of the narrative.

• Like 1

** get the tinfoil hat **

While we are talking about Armor piercing ammo - if you recall they accused him of shooting the Fuel Farm Tank at McArren.

Do yourself a favor and pull up google earth and look at the distance from the hotel to the farm, then look at the effective range of a 5.56 cartridge, then look at the proximity of the farm to the cell phone lot - then find the report that said where the holes in the tanks were being investigated - *THEN* you will see why this is a not a lone shooter event and why it is a fully planned terrorist operation.

The American public cannot process or otherwise deal with what the authorities actually know....without taking some form of xanax to cope.....  they are week and mindless and cannot fathom the lengths to which others will go to actually kill them and destroy our way of life as it is.  Reminds me of:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

We don't know what proofs or truths there are and I don't think LVPD does either. Feds are in charge of the narrative.

Precisely why we really can't make conclusions from the information available.

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

then look at the effective range of a 5.56 cartridge, then look at the proximity of the farm to the cell phone lot - then find the report that said where the holes in the tanks were being investigated

He had several 308 rifles, one a bolt action.  I believe 308 loaded with AP would do damage to a tank 600 yards away.  Would not be too hard to hit either.

• Like 2