Trijicon MRO vs. EOTech XPS2-0

Earlier this week I got a Trijicon MRO in for my AR, for an odd reason since getting a new rifle my EOTech had been giving me issues, also could be that I had lasik done in the fall and now the EOTech just doesn’t work for my eyes anymore.

Either way I got the MRO and 1/3 Co-Witness mount. I run it co-witnessed with my flip ups on my LWRC. Flip ups were already zeroed in so I took it step by step of first zeroing the MRO with no irons, all 25 yards seated with a shooting bag:

648eba0dddedb05c776da7a2c26d076d.jpg

I shot 5 groups of 3, my first grouping is the one all the way to the left, which was the sight not adjusted to anything. First adjustment I made was 6 clicks to the right, my 2nd grouping was about a half inch over to the right from my first one. For my next adjustment I decided to make an extreme adjustment and move it 10 clicks to the right. My third grouping as you can see was to the far right, so I dialed it back to the left 5 clicks and shot another grouping. That one is the grouping in the outer green circles, so I felt my zero was coming along, I decided to make one more adjustment by moving it 2 clicks to the right. Alas, my final grouping was the middle of the target.

I made one more adjustment of 2 clicks to the right and switched to zeroing co-witness with my flip ups and here’s the results:

dfe96d8987397eeeacbd1d8758d8eb09.jpg

I’m satisfied with that zero, the only grouping that shot really low was because I turned the dot brightness up from a 3 to a 4 for one round which lead to me shooting really low. I then turned it back down to the 3 for 2 more groups & I had decent groupings.

Overall between the MRO and the EOTech, the MRO works better for me now than the EOTech did, the EOTech served me well for a long time so it’s hard to say which one is better. They’re both great optics for the price, so if you’re decided between the 2, you can’t go wrong :)

I am selling my EOTech if anyone is interested.

You posting the EOtech here?

I can. But this isn’t a for sale thread.

Did you have/still have astigmatism? I'm looking for a RDS that doesn't distort. So far all I've found that work are prism based sights, but your eye relief is generally 3 inches off the optic. 

No it was corrected with Lasik, I now have 20/20 vision, but for whatever reason the EOTech hasn’t worked that well for me. I had the procedure done in September and didn’t start shooting again until earlier in january, which I also got a new rifle.

I don’t really have a logical explanation as to why the EOTech doesn’t work for me now vs. then, it could be a bad battery causing the hologram to display faded, it could also be bright atmospheres as well, I have found since getting lasik my eyes are a lot more sensitive to light than before and the EOTech doesn’t have anything to reduce glare. Not really sure but I know post lasik, the MRO works better for me than the EOTech.

Did you have/still have astigmatism? I'm looking for a RDS that doesn't distort. So far all I've found that work are prism based sights, but your eye relief is generally 3 inches off the optic. 

Find someone with a T2.... they supposedly help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

The newer aimpoint T2 doesn’t distort for me and I have an astigmatism. A little spendy but it makes my eyes happy. 

• Like 2

I don’t think you could go wrong if you chose Aimpoint, Trijicon or EOTech, just what works best for you

22 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

I don’t think you could go wrong if you chose Aimpoint, Trijicon or EOTech, just what works best for you

Leupold can be added to this list.  Although they price their latest red dot ridiculously high.

I would want a leupold scope more so than a red dot. Speaking of which, you saw my latest acquisition today of the AR-10. What's a good scope for shooting over 300 yards? That's my plan with the AR-10, for medium-long distance shooting. Maybe not necessarily a good brand and model, but more so a good magnification specs, because I may buy Primary Arms. Not sure because a REALLY good scope would cost me almost more than the rifle itself.

I would want a leupold scope more so than a red dot. Speaking of which, you saw my latest acquisition today of the AR-10. What's a good scope for shooting over 300 yards? That's my plan with the AR-10, for medium-long distance shooting. Maybe not necessarily a good brand and model, but more so a good magnification specs, because I may buy Primary Arms. Not sure because a REALLY good scope would cost me almost more than the rifle itself.

Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50
Have one on my REPR and my M6...

11 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50
Have one on my REPR and my M6...

ahhh I would love a REPR, just can't bring myself to spending that kind of money. Luciano's had a 20" for sale for $2400 2 months ago, I would have bought that...

but I'm happy with my guns. Love my IC-SPR & this windham is pretty sweet. I don't shoot long distances enough to warrant buying a REPR, although I wouldn't mind a 16" REPR

That was a good price....
My REPR with everything on it is worth close to $6G or so right now.

0669b2eeb8a4b6dd30a73f1c1b7204ab.jpg

Half Chubb. Are those all LWRC?

That’s all the lwrc I have for now [emoji846]
78b7c4561b94074871abae2febff22ef.jpg

57 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Top: REPR

Mid: Ruger Precision 6.5cm

Bot: M6

Optics have changed since that photo.

is that an older M6? (basing on the barrel) If we have a meetup I'd love to shoot the REPR, I'll supply my own ammo of course. 7.62/.308 isn't cheap lol

is that an older M6? (basing on the barrel) If we have a meetup I'd love to shoot the REPR, I'll supply my own ammo of course. 7.62/.308 isn't cheap lol

I bought it new Aug/2013...

I shoot Cherry Ridge usually....

Just realized we derailed the OPs post. I apologize... [emoji6]

PM me if you want...

1 minute ago, bhunted said:

I bought it new Aug/2013...

I shoot Cherry Ridge usually....

Just realized we derailed the OPs post. I apologize... emoji6.png

I am the OP, it's all good :) I shoot at Easton Game & Fish but now that I have a .308 i'm looking for bigger ranges to shoot at. 100 yard outdoor isn't bad but I still feel like that's a waste of 7.62

2 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

@Shane45 is good with spending top dollar on dope optics.

Me?  Primary Arms is dope to me.

I will probably get a Primary Arms piece of glass for mine. Fortunately I have at least a month before I can shoot this baby, so I'm not in a rush to go out and get it range ready.

I am the OP, it's all good [emoji4] I shoot at Easton Game & Fish but now that I have a .308 i'm looking for bigger ranges to shoot at. 100 yard outdoor isn't bad but I still feel like that's a waste of 7.62

Lmao! Lost track. So you can give me credit for maybe having to say sorry at a latter date.
CR has 200 and 300 with stipulations. I never use them due to timing and sometime just being lazy. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will probably get a Primary Arms piece of glass for mine. Fortunately I have at least a month before I can shoot this baby, so I'm not in a rush to go out and get it range ready.

The Vortex can be had for a G or less... Can’t beat them and their warranty.

3 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Lmao! Lost track. So you can give me credit for maybe having to say sorry at a latter date.
CR has 200 and 300 with stipulations. I never use them due to timing and sometime just being lazy. emoji6.png

The Vortex can be had for a G or less... Can’t beat them and their warranty.

Well if there's a NJGF meet at Cherry Ridge, we'll have to try each other's .308's out ;) 

Primary Arms has a really good warranty as well, a few years back I bought their aimpoint micro replica and it broke a few months later, they offered to fix it for free or let me return it full refund no questions asked. I ended up buying the EOTech as a result, which in turn was now upgraded to the MRO ;)

12 minutes ago, bhunted said:

You can run over a Vortex with a truck and they will replace it. Nobody does that that I’m aware of.
-Mic Drop- emoji23.png

-picks up Mic-

Mentions Hi-Point

-drops da Mic-

Break it, they will fix or replace it.  No questions asked.

Again, Hi-Point? This is a scope? Never heard of them. Unless you meant gun.

• Like 1

most American made products in general have no questions asked warranties. Cars, tools, appliances. The stuff made in asia not so much :mad:

For example I used to have a 2006 corvette that was modified, it was also out of it's warranty, transmission was shot, Chevy dealer replaced it no questions asked. I now drive a Subaru (also modified, but not to the extent my Corvette was) and I needed the battery replaced under warranty and they wouldn't because of my power train modifications.

another great example is anything craftsman tools, break them in any way shape or form they replace no questions asked.