Malice4you

Just two guns for the rest of your life

I Hope the Dem's aren't using this Thread to compile a list of crap to ban by name:rolleyes:

I Think this is a no brainer, given that we can change the barrels/uppers as we please;
Certainly an AR15 of some sort with various uppers. 
As far as hand guns go, I really like my P226 Legion, but would even consider a modified/customized G19.

I definitely would have to go with an AR mid length, picatinny rail for one.  I'm familiar with it and has parts available easily if something breaks.  I can strip it and fix it. It can be used to both hunt and defense.  It may not be perfect for everything, but it will get most jobs done sufficiently.

The other would be a pistol.  Maybe a Kimber Micro 9.  Small enough to carry but it's well made and will do in a pinch.

2 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

I Hope the Dem's aren't using this Thread to compile a list of crap to ban by name:rolleyes:

To be fair, for the vast majority of guns named in this thread, they already:

A) have banned them

B) wanted to ban them well before I started this

C) have neutered them

If its fun, it probably fits into one of those 3 categories in the state of New Jersey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malice4you said:

To be fair, for the vast majority of guns named in this thread, they already:

A) have banned them

B) wanted to ban them well before I started this

C) have neutered them

If its fun, it probably fits into one of those 3 categories in the state of New Jersey.

I almost 'Liked' this... Definitely true, i didn't even think about that. SMH this state sucks...

7 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

I Think this is a no brainer, given that we can change the barrels/uppers as we please;
Certainly an AR15 of some sort with various uppers. 

I believe it's against the rules.  @Malice4you, please clarify.

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

I believe it's against the rules.  @Malice4you, please clarify.

Ray, you’re having a hard time with reading comprehension this week.

From the Original Post:

-The restriction is limited to the receiver or whatever would be the serialized part of the gun. You can change parts to change barrels/stocks/calibers IF those parts exist today.  So an AR lower could be many different gun types from a 24" barreled precision rifle to a 24"OAL SBR to a .50BMG bolt action.  Or a 10/22 with 40 different stocks/skins to make it look like a G36 or M249 or AUG or whatever.  Your 870 shotgun could have a 10" or 30" barrel.  If the gun exists today, you can have it.  Rarity is not a factor.  Accessories are not a factor.

• Like 3

#1 -- assault rifle: 5.56x45 mm 
#2 -- pistol: .45 ACP +P or true AP cartridge, at least 15 rds capacity on either

#1 -- HK53-A3 or Colt M16-A2 Commando, (both w/ Surefire SOCOM556 & PEQ-15)  

#2 -- FNP-45 Tactical (+ AAC Ti-Rant 45) or FN Five-seveN (+ SWR Specter), (both w/ PEQ-14)

2 hours ago, Shane45 said:

Including your own? Low cap and limited range are perhaps not the best choices to cover the most bases of forever.

No, of course not.  My choices are perfect.

2 of the most reliable systems in the firearms world.  

357 is better than 9mm, fact

12 gauge is the most versatile caliber we have, fact

So, you can keep your Euro pellet gun and varmint rifle and I'll rock the real calibers.

• Like 2

So, you can keep your Euro pellet gun and varmint rifle and I'll rock the real calibers.
I can agree with the reliability but the question didn't involve an Apocalyptic Environment. If it did my answer maybe different. The question was if only allowed 2 firearms for the rest of your life. I would rather have something I wouldn't get bored of and something I couldn't normally own.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I can agree with the reliability but the question didn't involve an Apocalyptic Environment. If it did my answer maybe different. The question was if only allowed 2 firearms for the rest of your life. I would rather have something I wouldn't get bored of and something I couldn't normally own.

You make some good points.  But I buy guns for defensive purposes first, with all else coming after.  So, if I can only own 2 then the choices I make have to have multi uses.  A 12 gauge fills all thos gaps, as does a 357.

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Lets be clear, these are Ray Ray facts which don't usually translate to the real world. If you consider a .45 a Euro pellet and a .308 a varmint rifle, well like I said, Ray Ray facts...

• Like 3

Just now, Shane45 said:

Lets be clear, these are Ray Ray facts which don't usually translate to the real world. If you consider a .45 a Euro pellet and a .308 a varmint rifle, well like I said, Ray Ray facts...

I thought your 2 choices were a joke, seriously.  Are those really your 2 choices?

You make some good points.  But I buy guns for defensive purposes first, with all else coming after.  So, if I can only own 2 then the choices I make have to have multi uses.  A 12 gauge fills all thos gaps, as does a 357.
If one only buys firearms for defensive purposes wouldn't it make the most sense to only own a handful and be as proficient as possible with them? In this State I would say 2 rifles, shotgun, and 2 handguns you could cover every defensive purpose there is. Other states you probably would want something with a fun switch for suppression fire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

If one only buys firearms for defensive purposes wouldn't it make the most sense to only own a handful and be as proficient as possible with them? In this State I would say 2 rifles, shotgun, and 2 handguns you could cover every defensive purpose there is. Other states you probably would want something with a fun switch for suppression fire.

In reality, two guns will cover almost all your bases for defense.  

In reality, two guns will cover almost all your bases for defense.  

I was thinking tactical rifle like AR-15, Long Range Rifle BN36, Tactical 12 gauge, .357 Revolver and maybe a .45ACP or 10mm, lastly a .380 as an ankle backup. Wouldn't that be a full Tacti-Cool Loadout?

Personally I like owning many pieces of history and shooting them knowing each one has a story to tell. Went to the range Monday with 1944 Walther P.38 very likely was used by a Nazi Officer and possibly taken off his dead body by the GI Joe who snuffed out his life. Functioned as perfectly as any modern handgun.

Just now, capt14k said:

I was thinking tactical rifle like AR-15, Long Range Rifle BN36, Tactical 12 gauge, .357 Revolver and maybe a .45ACP or 10mm, lastly a .380 as an ankle backup. Wouldn't that be a full Tacti-Cool Loadout?

@Shane45 has it.   308 semi auto rifle and a 1911.  

[mention=1913]Shane45[/mention] has it.   308 semi auto rifle and a 1911.  
Yeah .357 doesn't really fit American Mall Ninja Cool. Even though the French Grenadarie still use .357 Revolvers and took down a plane full of terrorists with them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Yeah .357 doesn't really fit American Mall Ninja Cool. Even though the French Grenadarie still use .357 Revolvers and took down a plane full of terrorists with them.

Yeah, mall Ninjas carry Glocks.