Rob0115

Selling sports memorabilia

I have lots of sports cards and other stuff that I’d like to sell that have been boxed up for years so I can donate the money to charity.  I also have to a of unopened Sunoco NFL in action stamps that were a 1 year run in 1972, uncut Gretzky cards, gold Dan Marino, etc, etc.  

Does anyone have experience in how I can get this valued and disposed of?  I’m very reasonable but I think there’s a few bucks worth of stuff there could help a charity.   

Post thoughts here, call me, text me Pm me whatever. 

IMHO Sports cards stock is almost as unreliable SIG.  For about the same amount of time.

I couldnt give away stuff I had before.  I kept what I wanted and got rid of the rest.  Unless things are SUPER rare, its pointless.

Go on Ebay and see how many cards are on there.  Every stay at home mom who doesnt want to get a real job is selling their husbands stuff.

I have no expectations of real value just don’t want to bin it.  I thought maybe there was a local shop that could bid it, I know it would be little but at least someone would get the stuff.  

I can even make this "gun relevant" and help you earn some brownie points from your wife or SO.

Take your wife to Peddler's Village in Lahaska, PA. Take all your sports memorabilia and while there  visit "Colt's Sports Collectibles" and see what they can do for you. Colt is the grandson of famous pistolsmith Austin Behlert - but the store is owned by Austin's son Frank (Colt's father). You can talk sports, you can talk guns and maybe even do some business - in the meantime, your wife/SO can be taking in the sights or shopping. Warning: Frank can talk the ear off a wooden Indian - or for you snowflakes: Native American.

http://www.peddlersvillage.com/shop/Colts-Sports-Collectibles

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

I have lots of sports cards and other stuff that I’d like to sell that have been boxed up for years so I can donate the money to charity.  I also have to a of unopened Sunoco NFL in action stamps that were a 1 year run in 1972, uncut Gretzky cards, gold Dan Marino, etc, etc.  

Does anyone have experience in how I can get this valued and disposed of?  I’m very reasonable but I think there’s a few bucks worth of stuff there could help a charity.   

Post thoughts here, call me, text me Pm me whatever. 

Please, as you seek a buyer, may I also direct your attention to the Mrs. Peel Charitable Fund for Wayward Freelancers?... I've heard only great things about their work! Very reputable, I assure you. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

Hell free I'll take it. If there is a Gretsky Rookie on Uncut Sheet I will even make $100 donation to charity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not rookie.  I’m easy but not that easy.  I’ll list it all out this week.  

I will list it all on Ebay and donate the proceeds to your charity of choice if you don't want to take the time.  

I don't want anything for my time.  Just donate a small portion to RBARI and the rest to your charity of choice.  Text me if you want to go this way.

• Like 1