Pizza Bob

Hot Dog, Now Things are Heating Up

For all you whiners out there that are always complaining about how the NRA doesn't do anything for us - feast your eyes on this...

http://www.anjrpc.org/

February 5-ANJRPC announced today that it has filed suit in federal court to overturn New Jersey's draconian restrictions on carrying a handgun outside the home for self-defense!

Under New Jersey law, a permit to carry a handgun may be issued only to those citizens who show that they face a unique need for self-defense - such as specific, documented death threats or actual attacks. Ordinary citizens are barred from carrying a handgun outside the home for self-defense, under threat of up to 10 years in prison. The new lawsuit seeks to overturn New Jersey's carry law on the ground that it violates the Second Amendment.

Click here to see a copy of the complaint in the case.

In the landmark 2008 Heller decision, the U.S. Supreme Court held that the Second Amendment protects the individual right to keep and bear arms for self-protection, and it struck down a District of Columbia law banning the possession of firearms in the home.

"The core Second Amendment right of armed self-defense is just as important to an ordinary New Jersey citizen when she is traveling through a dangerous neighborhood as it is when she is safe in her home," said ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach. "The Supreme Court has said that the States cannot ban people from keeping firearms for self-defense in their homes, and New Jersey's restrictions on carrying firearms outside the home will meet the same end."

Federal courts in New Jersey have previously upheld the State's restrictions, but the new lawsuit-which was filed in cooperation with the National Rifle Association-asks the courts to take another look at the issue, based on a recent federal decision striking down the District of Columbia's similar law as flatly unconstitutional. "We thank the NRA for its incredible support and guidance, which made this new lawsuit possible," continued Bach.

"The Supreme Court has repeatedly held that police have no legal duty to protect individual citizens from harm, which means you're on your own in an emergency," Bach continued. "The same government that abandons its duty to keep you safe should not also block your Constitutional right to protect yourself. Right to carry's time is coming in the Garden State, and ANJRPC and NRA are at the forefront of that movement."

Although the lawsuit has already been filed, ANJRPC requests that anyone recently denied a carry permit in New Jersey contact us ASAP at [email protected].

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 17

They should also sue for our FID process. Too many towns drag their feet, not to mention it’s obnoxious to do the whole process when you move and/or want to buy another handgun. Should just pay for the background check and if that comes back clean (as it should if you already have an FID and handgun permit) you get your new permit.

1 minute ago, JR88USMC said:

They should also sue for our FID process. Too many towns drag their feet, not to mention it’s obnoxious to do the whole process when you move and/or want to buy another handgun. Should just pay for the background check and if that comes back clean (as it should if you already have an FID and handgun permit) you get your new permit.

I got the feeling from DSG Bloom’s talk at  SAFECON 2017 that the Firearms Investigation Unit may be able to address pretty much all FID issues on their own. By centralizing the process and doing it all online, they could eliminate the headaches without a lawsuit, all while probably saving the state & towns money and resources. It all depends on if/when the NJSP gets it all done, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pizza Bob said:

For all you whiners out there that are always complaining about how the NRA doesn't do anything for us - feast your eyes on this...

http://www.anjrpc.org/

February 5-ANJRPC announced today that it has filed suit in federal court to overturn New Jersey's draconian restrictions on carrying a handgun outside the home for self-defense!

Under New Jersey law, a permit to carry a handgun may be issued only to those citizens who show that they face a unique need for self-defense - such as specific, documented death threats or actual attacks. Ordinary citizens are barred from carrying a handgun outside the home for self-defense, under threat of up to 10 years in prison. The new lawsuit seeks to overturn New Jersey's carry law on the ground that it violates the Second Amendment.

Click here to see a copy of the complaint in the case.

In the landmark 2008 Heller decision, the U.S. Supreme Court held that the Second Amendment protects the individual right to keep and bear arms for self-protection, and it struck down a District of Columbia law banning the possession of firearms in the home.

"The core Second Amendment right of armed self-defense is just as important to an ordinary New Jersey citizen when she is traveling through a dangerous neighborhood as it is when she is safe in her home," said ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach. "The Supreme Court has said that the States cannot ban people from keeping firearms for self-defense in their homes, and New Jersey's restrictions on carrying firearms outside the home will meet the same end."

Federal courts in New Jersey have previously upheld the State's restrictions, but the new lawsuit-which was filed in cooperation with the National Rifle Association-asks the courts to take another look at the issue, based on a recent federal decision striking down the District of Columbia's similar law as flatly unconstitutional. "We thank the NRA for its incredible support and guidance, which made this new lawsuit possible," continued Bach.

"The Supreme Court has repeatedly held that police have no legal duty to protect individual citizens from harm, which means you're on your own in an emergency," Bach continued. "The same government that abandons its duty to keep you safe should not also block your Constitutional right to protect yourself. Right to carry's time is coming in the Garden State, and ANJRPC and NRA are at the forefront of that movement."

Although the lawsuit has already been filed, ANJRPC requests that anyone recently denied a carry permit in New Jersey contact us ASAP at [email protected].

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I might join this

3 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

I got the feeling from DSG Bloom’s talk at  SAFECON 2017 that the Firearms Investigation Unit may be able to address pretty much all FID issues on their own. By centralizing the process and doing it all online, they could eliminate the headaches without a lawsuit, all while probably saving the state & towns money and resources. It all depends on if/when the NJSP gets it all done, though. 

6 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Do away with the FID ......Nics and a drivers lic. is enough like all the other states.

I have a feeling the FID will never go away, I have no problem with it if in return we can carry, own and furnish our weapons with no restrictions & be able to buy class 3 items. Regardless of what they put in place it's not going to stop bad guys from doing it.

26 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Do away with the FID ......Nics and a drivers lic. is enough like all the other states.

Agreed. My Florida ccw renewal took 5 minutes at the local tax office, while I was there I had my wife apply, took digital prints on the spot and was approved in 2 days. 

• Like 2

Need to get re fingerprinted , apply  Deny by Chief for my justifiable need” all legal purposes “. Then appeal.

anyone wanna help me with the appeal paperwork? I don’t want to spend that coin on a lawyer. App fee and fingerprint fee I can swallow 

Well Hallelujah- look who showed up to there own party! Thankyou ANJRPC for stepping up. Lets hope this makes NJ squirm a bit and looking forward to their reaction! I'm gonna raise my glass to you tonight and hoping for many more lawsuits. I will honor my donation , just contacted them for the proper fund info.

25 minutes ago, reloaderguy said:

Years.

ANJRPC is not the NRA. Good try though.

Technically they are....they are our official state NRA rep org.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reloaderguy said:

Years.

ANJRPC is not the NRA. Good try though.

If you read the email, it specifically mention that NRA is involved in the lawsuit in a supporting role.

2 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Emphasis mine

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Ok.  Bob   You me and our boy all go and apply.  Im in.  Im sure i can get a crew to apply also.  Right handyman. !!??  This is where we were at a few years ago. 

I was thinking the same thing.

57 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Ok.  Bob   You me and our boy all go and apply.  Im in.  Im sure i can get a crew to apply also.  Right handyman. !!??  This is where we were at a few years ago. 

Are you referring to our "Apply to be denied" group?  If so, the reason it went nowhere was because we could not find a way to muster enough people to really make a difference.

I am certain there are those who have applied and been denied who had no idea just how hard it is in the PRNJ.The state will not cooperate and give us a list of names though. I am quite certain my CPD would approve my application as I am also certain the Superior Court judge would deny it!

The questions remain the same as before. Do we have enough people willing to go through the whole process and ultimately be denied to make a difference? And if we did, would it make a difference at all? It only takes one person denied their Constitutional right to CCW to bring a case in the Federal Courts to make a change once and for all!

New Jersey once claimed that they did in fact issue carry permits. We sought to prove them liars. They no longer make that claim and there are now many examples of NJ government officials admitting that CCW is not allowed here. What purpose would more people being denied serve in our current climate when one is all it takes to win a case?

I TOLD YOU GOOD FOLKS LAW SUITS WERE ON THE WAY & I WASN'T LYING!

The Coalition will be supporting these actions.  Our Board of Trustees meeting will decide when & how.  Tomorrow we chat with Cheeseman & Bach.  More details to follow...

Rosey

• Like 7

Ok Rosie.  Ill wait to hear from you.  And johnny b if we showed that numerous people applied that their numbers were were skewed and lying.  Lets hear what rosie says after a meeting with the big guys.  Waiting on you Rosie aka Dave:rolleyes:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Are you referring to our "Apply to be denied" group?  If so, the reason it went nowhere was because we could not find a way to muster enough people to really make a difference.

I am certain there are those who have applied and been denied who had no idea just how hard it is in the PRNJ.The state will not cooperate and give us a list of names though. I am quite certain my CPD would approve my application as I am also certain the Superior Court judge would deny it!

The questions remain the same as before. Do we have enough people willing to go through the whole process and ultimately be denied to make a difference? And if we did, would it make a difference at all? It only takes one person denied their Constitutional right to CCW to bring a case in the Federal Courts to make a change once and for all!

New Jersey once claimed that they did in fact issue carry permits. We sought to prove them liars. They no longer make that claim and there are now many examples of NJ government officials admitting that CCW is not allowed here. What purpose would more people being denied serve in our current climate when one is all it takes to win a case?

Im thinking also if roubian gets behind this and a few other groups im involved with go for it  we can get an ample amount of constitutionalists that might make a difference.  Heres hoping. 

39 minutes ago, bobbyj said:

i wouldnt even know where to begin to apply. although i would be willing to go through the process to certainly be denied, i have an out of state ccw, im sure that dosent matter when applying 

Dont worry if it happens it will be easy.  We’ll walk you through it. 

• Like 1

Remember always being a thorn in their ass reminds them were still here.  Applying and a denial does not hurt you.  At all. You just have one sentence to add on any subsequent applications.  Is it worth it.  Well yeah.  Is the constitution worth it.  Obviously yes.