CAL. .30 M1

Cnjfo - articLe opinion piece

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=882692648577473&id=371903659656377

CARVE-OUT IN MAG BAN BILL CREATES CASTE SYSTEM!
(C) "KILROY WAS HERE!" Special to Black Wire Media.
A new bi-weekly CNJFO column of interest to NJ Patriots. 
Monday Post Super Bowl Edition February 5, 2018 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

“WHAT IS GOOD FOR THEE---IS NOT GOOD FOR ME!” 

As the NJ firearms community continues to pine away online in the many forums, gun shops and other various outlets they have, about the incoming Murphy regime. One area that has always been a hotbed of discussion in the forefront has been Facebook. I must admit that I have a presence there, in that liberal controlled & moderated wasteland. I have however, seemed to have found a way to isolate my feed from the daily hackers dream of take this test to see who my spirit animal is – I can assure you it is an Eagle with Red White and Blue blood flowing in its veins. 

But I received a message from a trusted source to check out the NJ State Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association FB page. There was a sense of disappointment, foreboding and outright anger by the sender. Truth be told, the sender just so happens to be an active law enforcement officer, whom is the salt of the earth and I can assure you, a true ‘gun guy’. It would seem to their chagrin, the NJPBA seems to have wormed their way to get a nod from the incoming Murphy Regime & state lawmakers, for their election support. 

It would appear that current active duty and retired law enforcement in the state, will be exempted from any magazine restrictions they may enact. As you I am sure are aware, it is under the pretense of keeping the population safe. Yes, it is all about safety – we will return to that notion soon. 
Our LEO friend indicated to me that he feels this does nothing but create a divide by those in the law enforcement community and the civilian legal gun owning population. It creates a caste system of have and have not’s and sadly, I could not agree more with this fine and astute assessment. 

It appears to LEO's & mere serfs like myself that the NJSPBA has struck this deal and is leading on their Facebook presence that LEO’s both active and retired should not worry about the upcoming laws, as they will be meeting with the state Senate representatives to carve out additional protections. How can by any stretch of the imagination be the right thing to do and be the moral path? 

Granted I am not a law enforcement officer, I could never do that job, I am however a supporter. I recognize the challenges, dangers, damage officers endure emotionally & physically on a daily basis. I was always uplifted in spirit by the Law Enforcement Oath that they subscribe too and were always looking out for us. Looking out for the general issue civilian who goes about their day to day lives, living by their own lead, seeking life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So, I re-read the oath and copied it below for you: 

"On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the constitution, my community, and the agency I serve". 

I have to ask myself has anyone at the NJSPBA, Unions or upper echelon department heads ever read it? Do they even know what it means? Because if they did, I can see no way that they can advocate for anything other than the establishment of rules and laws that pertain to all citizens, in law enforcement and out of it. 

If these restrictions are really about safety, and if the world is really such a bad place that active LEO’s need a higher magazine capacity to stay safe. So unsafe that even retired officers need this increased capacity and are exempt from the law. Why in the world, is it so unsafe for them, but so much safer for us civilians? Why are we being required to have a lower magazine capacity, when the world is truly so unsafe? Are our lives and families lives so less important than those that once wore a badge? 

In all likelihood, what the NJSPBA should have said, was something like: “…we acknowledge that we will not have to comply with lower capacity restrictions. But we as law enforcement officers, will continue to advocate for the rights of the law-abiding citizens, to be able to protect themselves with the same tools that we do on the street all day every day.” To me that would have been in keeping with the oath of law enforcement – not the untenable “what is good for thee, is not good for me “- position that the NJPBA is standing on now. 

Let’s leave with this oh so on point quotation by our friend Mr. Orwell – “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” 

Author – “Kilroy Was HERE!" 

Editor's Note: NJ Assemblyman Charles Mainor, a former LEO & CCW permit holder and was then Chairman of the Assembly's Law & Public Safety Committee, was quoted years ago in a packed Hearing Room during the then-attempted magazine ban Hearing, "My Committee WILL VOTE ON THIS BILL NOW & THEN WE'LL HEAR FROM YA'LL!"  

"Kilroy Was HERE" is one of our newer guest columnists for Black Wire Media. We sincerely hope you enjoy his technical expertise & dry wit! ---The Editors

• Like 2