Ray Ray

Best work/daily/range pants

I finally destroyed my favorite pair of Levi's. I purchased replacement pairs, but the material and cut isn't the same anymore. There is no room in the crotch. I must have received the gender confusion cut or something. 

5 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I finally destroyed my favorite pair of Levi's. I purchased replacement pairs, but the material and cut isn't the same anymore. There is no room in the crotch. I must have received the gender confusion cut or something. 

Haha, yea, but really nothing is the same anymore and the price always goes up!

I wore royal robbins/511s for years but they scream tactical.  I switched to Carharts but for me, they have weird pockets and everything I put in them would fall out. Plus they seem to fade out really fast and the material gets thin after just a few washes.

Went full circle a few years ago and went back to Levis. Add a dump pouch to my belt and I am gtg at any shooting class plus I look like a Vietnam era Navy seal!

12 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Only jeans I'll buy now.

Jeans

6 hours ago, High Exposure said:

TD Braddock pants rule, followed closely by their Carlos Ray pants.

I want a pair of the Carlos Ray pants, but they do not carry my length.

whatever that looks decent and under $40 and Marshalls/TJMaxx

The riggs are nice pants, I have several pairs and have used them for years. They have gotten cheaper, but still seem ot be built as well as they used to. When you can catch them for $30 a pair, they are great. 

• Like 1

About ten years ago, when my old pairs of Levi’s 505 blue jeans were on their last legs, I started shopping around for a suitable replacement blue jean.  Of course, I started with Levi’s but similar to the more recent experience of @ChrisJM981, when I tried on a new pair of Levi’s of the same designated waist/inseam size of what I had that fit me, the fit of the new blue jeans was way different.  Specifically, the rise was about 1.5 inches less in the new version of Levi’s, (since I had worn my old jeans to the store and could actually measure the difference).  Like many other men, I found the shorter rise to cause a lower sitting belt line on me that I found to be very uncomfortable and I was also very conscious of it when walking.

That is when I realized I had to really start to shop around and try on blue jeans from different companies, which I did.  After trying on various pairs in my size from Wrangler, Lee, Diesel, 7 For All Mankind, J. Crew, and a couple of other mfgrs. whose names I forgot, a friend told me about a recently created blue jean company called: All American Clothing Co.  They only sell their blue jeans online, but when I visited their website I was impressed by a number of things, including:

-   All of their clothing is made in the USA

-   100% satisfaction guarantee, if not satisfied, return any item within 60 days for a full refund.

-    For a more comfortable fit they sew a diamond shaped piece of denim into the crotch of the jean which eliminates 4 seams coming together in one place and forming a knot. This gusset helps disperse stress around the crotch area creating a more durable jean with a comfortable fit and freedom of movement.

-    They only use a very high-quality denim in different weights.

Finally, after ordering a pair, I discovered that their rise dimension was almost the same as my old Levi’s that I really prefer.

Therefore, I was sold and have been wearing and ordering additional blue jeans from All American Clothing Co. for the past decade as a satisfied customer.  If you are interested, here is a link to their website:

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/made-in-usa/jeans.html

AVB-AMG

8 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

About ten years ago, when my old pairs of Levi’s 505 blue jeans were on their last legs, ...

....when I tried on a new pair of Levi’s of the same designated waist/inseam size of what I had that fit me, the fit of the new blue jeans was way different. 

Any possibility, after those 10 years, it was your BODY that changed, not the jeans?

12 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Any possibility, after those 10 years, it was your BODY that changed, not the jeans?

@Sniper22:

I guess you missed the point I made in my post that I was wearing my old pair of Levi's to the store when I tried on the new pair..... So no, my pants waist size and length had not changed.  To be fair, in the ensuing ten years since then, my waist size has, ahemmmm, changed a bit....;)

AVB-AMG

On 5/1/2018 at 11:01 PM, AVB-AMG said:

About ten years ago, when my old pairs of Levi’s 505 blue jeans were on their last legs, I started shopping around for a suitable replacement blue jean.  Of course, I started with Levi’s but similar to the more recent experience of @ChrisJM981, when I tried on a new pair of Levi’s of the same designated waist/inseam size of what I had that fit me, the fit of the new blue jeans was way different.  Specifically, the rise was about 1.5 inches less in the new version of Levi’s, (since I had worn my old jeans to the store and could actually measure the difference).  Like many other men, I found the shorter rise to cause a lower sitting belt line on me that I found to be very uncomfortable and I was also very conscious of it when walking.

That is when I realized I had to really start to shop around and try on blue jeans from different companies, which I did.  After trying on various pairs in my size from Wrangler, Lee, Diesel, 7 For All Mankind, J. Crew, and a couple of other mfgrs. whose names I forgot, a friend told me about a recently created blue jean company called: All American Clothing Co.  They only sell their blue jeans online, but when I visited their website I was impressed by a number of things, including:

-   All of their clothing is made in the USA

-   100% satisfaction guarantee, if not satisfied, return any item within 60 days for a full refund.

-    For a more comfortable fit they sew a diamond shaped piece of denim into the crotch of the jean which eliminates 4 seams coming together in one place and forming a knot. This gusset helps disperse stress around the crotch area creating a more durable jean with a comfortable fit and freedom of movement.

-    They only use a very high-quality denim in different weights.

Finally, after ordering a pair, I discovered that their rise dimension was almost the same as my old Levi’s that I really prefer.

Therefore, I was sold and have been wearing and ordering additional blue jeans from All American Clothing Co. for the past decade as a satisfied customer.  If you are interested, here is a link to their website:

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/made-in-usa/jeans.html

AVB-AMG

Is this an infomercial?   

Are you a bot?

15 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Is this an infomercial?   

Are you a bot?

No, but your original post on this thread certainly was an infomercial.
Are you a bot....?

Just adding my thoughts on this topic, specifically regarding blue jeans and how they have evolved over the years and where folks can find a pair the way they used to be made.....

AVB-AMG

• Like 1