Ray Ray

Best work/daily/range pants

On 2/26/2019 at 9:52 AM, Lord_Fudd said:

Viktos & Vertx make awesome jeans for range/tactical wear. Viktos is double the cost of Vertx, but both are high quality.

The issue is length, I need a 36 length. 

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

The issue is length, I need a 36 length. 

Viktos only has a 36L if you’re wearing 42W or more...this is with their jeans.

I also get it if $150 is a lot to spend on jeans..but they do offer a veterans discount so they come out to $120, I bought 2 pairs 2 years ago and they’re still going strong. Prior to that I would just buy new jeans at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for $30 multiple times a year, spending a similar amount to constantly replace jeans.

2 hours ago, Lord_Fudd said:

Viktos only has a 36L if you’re wearing 42W or more...this is with their jeans.

I also get it if $150 is a lot to spend on jeans..but they do offer a veterans discount so they come out to $120, I bought 2 pairs 2 years ago and they’re still going strong. 

I am not a 42W, and 100 dollars is too much for jeans.  My Wrangler Riggs get abused and they do just fine at 40 bucks a pair.

I was buying whatever fit for $30 at TJ Maxx. Being a weightlifter finding jeans that actually fit and not rip is never ending, but like I said spending $240 for 2 pairs of jeans 2 years ago is well worth not buying new jeans every 2-3 months like I was

For jeans, I really like Express, especially when you find them on sale/clearance

Worn daily, last quite a few years.  Yes, the more recent ones wear out a bit faster, but still a great value and fit.

Sorry, can't justify $100 or more for designer jeans.

Much like the fashion crowd will spend $$$ for some famous name on their ass, I think the tactical, er, gun crowd spends money just to have 5.11 or someone else tactical on their stuff.  

On 2/28/2019 at 12:35 PM, Danno said:

Duluth. They have a store in Jersey now. I think it's in Randolph or some other make believe town.

Ramsey 

Unfortunately, their lengths don't go beyond 34.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, Sevenshot said:

I usually wait for LAPG or Vert sales. Winter ends at a reasonable time here in the south so Jean season is only 3-4 months. I need the lighter fabrics. 

I just picked up a pair of the lapg pants. so far I like em. light, they seem pretty good, but the button at the waist is kinda wimpy though. 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:21 AM, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

5.11 is lame. Almost as lame as Ray Ray’s mossberg shockwave

I was using 5.11's for work. at the repair shop, I got about 7 years out of them before I had to start thinking of replacing any. I like em. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, Ray Ray said:

Correction:

Carhartt if you work outside (or you like east coast rap)

Dickies if you work inside (or you like west coast rap)

what if ya don't like any rap and think it's more annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lakota said:

It was a joke since @1LtCAP isn't into Puff Daddy or E40.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:06 PM, Ray Ray said:

Ramsey 

Unfortunately, their lengths don't go beyond 34.

Their firehose pants go to 36. Although only in their browns and beiges. IF they introduce a new color, it is sometimes avialable in 36, but for a few years now if it goes out of stock, it never comes back.

13 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Their firehose pants go to 36. Although only in their browns and beiges. IF they introduce a new color, it is sometimes avialable in 36, but for a few years now if it goes out of stock, it never comes back.

I don't understand why we need side pockets.  

9 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Don't be silly.  Levis stopped making clothes for men over a decade ago.

I guess I didn't get the memo.

5 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Wear Levi's

i do, lolol. i won't buy any new ones, but i won't hesitate to wear the ones i have now.

1 hour ago, Lakota said:

for what it's worth.....I mentioned awhile ago i'd bought a pair of lapg cargo pants. they were the core  cargos. the only thing I didn't like about them was the button. feels wimpy as if it's gonna tear off. so far it hasn't. I like them to the point I bought another pair of the core cargo, and a pair of the urban ops. the urban ops have that Teflon? coating to protect material, and a better button closure. I like these a lot. lightweight, and comfortable. plenty of room in the pockets. front pockets have a sort of ledge in them for pocket knives. the Teflon coating attracts dog hair though. the ones that don't have that coating don't seem to do the same. 

for the cost, I think these pants are well worth the money. 

it's looking like i'm onna be REALLY stress testing some of those lapg pants.....or go back to the 511 tactical pants. my uniform service keeps sneaking the price up. i'm payin amost 50 bucks a week now. it started off at 36  a week. at the current pricing, it would behoove me to go out, buy 7 pairs of my own pants, and do work laundry once a week. tossing around which pants to use. i already know the 511's are durable. i got 8 years outta my first 5 pairs of those. 8 years of being worn every day in a repair shop, doing yardwork, etc.