Guns and knives - I guess they just go together. I went on a knife buying binge back around 2002 / 2003. Fortunately (for my bank account) it didn't last, but I came away with some interesting pieces. My interest was sparked again the other day and I bought an inexpensive EDC (Kershaw Deadline), but also stumbled across some others. All this led me to look through what I had purchased 15 years ago and I was pleasantly surprised at the value some of my selections had obtained.

I'm sure that there are some Benchmade fans among us - I only have one (I tend to go for more oddball stuff), but I think I chose right. I got a fixed blade Nimravus 140HS with the M2 steel blade - I think it has doubled in value over what I bought it for. I bought a Xikar Extreme 188 Military. Xikar is Italian and known for their cigar tools and accessories. They decided that they wanted in the knife market. The knives were made by Lion Steel. The Military has a thicker blade and a glass breaker not found on the civilian variations. That knife has increased by about 1500% over what I paid. I just bought one of the civilian variations of the 188 at a very good price. Also while I was looking for that, I found a medium sized Xikar Excursion 158. This knife has titanium bolsters and liners and carbon fiber scales - it's coming too.

I found that I have three Buck Alpha Hunters - two folding and one fixed blade. The fixed blade and the one folding have rosewood scales and ATS34 blades with the BOS heat treatment. I have a Boker Walker design folder with G10 scales and a Boker leather sheath. I have a very simple Puma 281003 with wood inlay - that one really surprised me. I have a couple nice - as opposed to utilitarian - Kershaws. I have a Mini-Task which, I believe, was the first Kershaw to utilize the Ken Onion assisted opening. Also a Nakamura which has beautiful scales and bolsters with a clad blade - I believe it is still available today. The pinnacle of my little hoard is my custom Elishewitz Pharaoh in carbon and titanium with a Damasteel blade. I was told by his wife (at a NY Knife show) that mine was the last custom order knife he was going to build - from mine forward he was just going to build what he wanted and put them up for sale. It was this knife that put my collecting venture to an end because of how much I spent on it and my other hobby at the time (which was even more $$$$).

Thanks for indulging me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<----anxiously awaiting his two Xikars

I collect military knives. Mostly U.S. WWII and Finnish M/19 Puukkopistins.

Also the Bayonets for each rifle I have as well as a bunch of extra Finnish Bayonets.

Some of the newer custom knives are pretty impressive. I don't know much about the non military or newer military knives but I do know Randall and Eck Military Knives sell for a pretty penny.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Pics please!

Not quite as organized with my knives as I am with my guns, but here are a few...

Xikar Military 188

123w7cm.jpg

Xikar Civilian 188

10ephts.jpg

Elishewitz Pharaoh

usok2.jpg

Forgot to mention this one - a William Henry Carbon Fiber, very light weight.

xpoth3.jpg

Xikar 158

2ezjvop.jpg

I'll entertain specific requests for pics.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

I like my knives, have for a long time. But there are infinity knives and more made every year. So to get into my collection they have to be incredibly appealing to me, or go with my primary theme, which is locking mechanisms. There's a number I don't have represented, but I do have quite a variety at this point. Some I only have the low rent example of it. 

I collect US M1 bayonets, The following are all Wilde Tool Bayonets. The 16" ones run 1000.00 up to 1500.00. The cutdowns to 10" run 5-600. https://imgur.com/a/Y0qvf

Forgot, Just the correct grip pair can run 500.

• Like 1

Very nice PB. I like the Xicar knives. Gonna check them out. 

I like knives as well my collection is a little all over. I have an Emerson HD7 from 2003. EDC’d this for years. HD7 from 2017. Chris Reeves Tanked large Sebenza, Strider SNG, Rick Hinderer XM18 flipper (my first, okay but expected a little more for the $$) had a Spyderco WTC knife and sold it like an idiot. Have all three versions of the Spyderco D’Allara ( drop point, DP half serrated and full serrated), two or three other Spyderco’s also. Can’t remember the models. 

Just picked up my second Chris Reeves Sebenza large 21. It’s a Tanto Blade Make and I’m very impressed with it. 

I’ve had a ton of knives come and go. Wouldn’t really call it a collection. Just a buy/sell/trade addiction. 

I recently switched to an insurance investigator job so I’m in the field a lot more than I used to be. 

Picked up a Kershaw launch 4. It’s about the size of a bic lighter which is perfect for keeping in my change pocket. 

0F40A4C0-D9DD-4804-9B77-7D1C1A2C0429.jpeg