Easton Fish and Game 200 yard range?

I've heard around that EFGA is building a 200 yard range, anyone know the facts behind this? A realistic date for it to open?

49 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

I've heard around that EFGA is building a 200 yard range, anyone know the facts behind this? A realistic date for it to open?

I'm starting to believe that range is an urban legend... the rumor was raised about a year or more ago... but I seem to recall 250 was the number. At the time, I mentioned it in passing to the NRA instructor who taught my basic pistol class. He was a longtime, active EFGA member (might have been on their board too as I recall)... and he said: "that's news to me".

But, hey, maybe something's happened since then? 

300ft was explained to me by a board member. But the township is jerking their chain. The latest is fees charged to them for tree removal. It’s a permit needed and they’re charging them on a tree by tree basis. They’ve been getting noise complaints from dipshit nieghbors also. I’m concerned about those new “McMansions” that are going up as you drive in. That type of development are usually death warrants for places like that. 

• Like 1

I've heard rumors of a 200-300yd range since I joined in 2012? 13? 14?  I never get emails from em, so other than the yearly member newsletter, no idea.  I think it was a one line thing in one of the newsletters.  The improvements (fence along the road) make me think there is 'progress' - but they work at a glacial pace.  I'm still waiting on club-supplied steel like they said they'd do.  I'd probably live on the 250 range if it ever happens - at least it would clear up the 100 a little.  Knowing them, there will be parking for 2 cars...worst part of using the 100yd range.

Ever since I saw the houses going up, I had the same thoughts as BobA. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malice4you said:

I've heard rumors of a 200-300yd range since I joined in 2012? 13? 14?  I never get emails from em, so other than the yearly member newsletter, no idea.  I think it was a one line thing in one of the newsletters.  The improvements (fence along the road) make me think there is 'progress' - but they work at a glacial pace.  I'm still waiting on club-supplied steel like they said they'd do.  I'd probably live on the 250 range if it ever happens - at least it would clear up the 100 a little.  Knowing them, there will be parking for 2 cars...worst part of using the 100yd range.

Ever since I saw the houses going up, I had the same thoughts as BobA. 

We go up for the monthly cleanups now and then. They call it a cleanup but we do about everything. Painting, hang the wood and rubber, etc. That’s the glacier pace - volunteers. When you do that you not only get to mingle with the old timers and get the inside scoop but you get the emails. 

8 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm starting to believe that range is an urban legend... the rumor was raised about a year or more ago... but I seem to recall 250 was the number. At the time, I mentioned it in passing to the NRA instructor who taught my basic pistol class. He was a longtime, active EFGA member (might have been on their board too as I recall)... and he said: "that's news to me".

But, hey, maybe something's happened since then? 

sounds like the urban legend that Mountain Creek was buying hidden valley, been hearing that one for years. I actually didn't hear this AT EGFA, I heard this when I was at RTSP the other day and was talking to someone about how I go to EGFA. Would be nice to have a 200+ yard range in Lehigh Valley, both Cherry Ridge & R14 are just too far of a drive for me to go that often.

16 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

You can always go down to Range 14 nice ride ................

11 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

20 minute shooting intervals, intrusive ROs... eh.

last time I went to R14 I had some guy come up to me like an annoying barfly that you'll do anything to get rid of, he was acting REALLY friendly and really curious about the equipment and magazines I was running, he kept trying to talk to me while I continued to ignore him, eventually I just said hey fuck off I'm shooting. When they called a ceasefire another person came over to me and said good call, that guy had a reputation for doing that and calling the cops on people running non-compliant weapons & furniture. 

3 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

last time I went to R14 I had some guy come up to me like an annoying barfly that you'll do anything to get rid of, he was acting REALLY friendly and really curious about the equipment and magazines I was running, he kept trying to talk to me while I continued to ignore him, eventually I just said hey fuck off I'm shooting. When they called a ceasefire another person came over to me and said good call, that guy had a reputation for doing that and calling the cops on people running non-compliant weapons & furniture. 

This is why we can't have nice things.  

• Like 1

Range 14 sucks. Too many rats, too many stoppages. You want a good range join CJRPC.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I like EGFA, i just want to be able to shoot more than 100 yards occasionally

2 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

sounds like the urban legend that Mountain Creek was buying hidden valley, been hearing that one for years. I actually didn't hear this AT EGFA, I heard this when I was at RTSP the other day and was talking to someone about how I go to EGFA. Would be nice to have a 200+ yard range in Lehigh Valley, both Cherry Ridge & R14 are just too far of a drive for me to go that often.

LOL, yeah! If I were you I'd reach out to them directly. I suspect you'll find out it's just a tantalizing rumor. ;) When I finally get a rifle, I've decided to start with a .22 - not only due to affordability, but because I'm close to Clinton - I'd get a hunting license simply to use that little range. I think it's only 100 yrds, but what more does a beginner need?

• Like 3

I've been a member there for close to 5 years now.  Been hearing that ever since I joined.  Would be nice but until receive something official from the club It's just a rumor.

Anyone buying a house there must know about the range.  That area is also very close to 78.  I would probably be more concerned with constant noise / pollution from the highway.  Shooting stops at range at set times.  No late nights and nothing too early.

even being in the Military, unless you live 20 feet from the shooting range, the sound of gunshots is no louder than hearing construction in the distance. EGFA has also said they would provide steel for their ranges, even says so on their website, no steel.

54 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

LOL, yeah! If I were you I'd reach out to them directly. I suspect you'll find out it's just a tantalizing rumor. ;) When I finally get a rifle, I've decided to start with a .22 - not only due to affordability, but because I'm close to Clinton - I'd get a hunting license simply to use that little range. I think it's only 100 yrds, but what more does a beginner need?

what about Warren Rod & Gun Club in Asbury? I can't find any information out about that place. Another one is Stocker Town R&G, from what I hear there are no frills there, just a wooden bench and a piece of wood to mount your target on, but for $30/year it's a place to shoot.

I'd like to join either East Bath R&G or Point Phillips, but need a sponsor.

I'm like Mrs peel - I plan on getting my hunting license just so I can shoot rimfires at 100yds in Clinton. It is a 25 minute drive to Clinton, EFGA is 50 minutes. 75+% of my range time these days is dedicated to rimfires anyway.

100 yards with a .22 is a decent enough challenge. I'd love to shoot steel at 100 - i bought my 2 or 3" plate of ar500 about a month before EFGA banned steel, never got to shoot it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Peel, strongly encourage you to get your hunting license so you can use the WMA ranges.  That is what I did about three years ago after attending my first NJGF Shotgun Shootout. Once I obtained it I went to Collier Mills to shoot. That day was absolutely magical. Upon arrival, had the entire range to myself! .First time I had the opportunity to shoot outdoors in 35 years. I have since been back there numerous times and last year took my 8 year old grandson with me several times.  Great times and memories.

I usually target shoot at 50 yards and plink at 100 yards with my M&P 15/22 semi auto and my 1974 Mossberg 144 bolt action(a heavy and accurate target rifle).  If I was going to purchase a 22lr bolt action today, I would definitely consider the new Ruger Precision Rimfire. (Would be a nice companian to my Ruger Precision Rifle 223/556.)

Bench rest outdoor target shooting remains to this day my most enjoyable shooting activity.

regards

• Like 2

It's tough when the only rifles you really like to shoot are AR's :( RTSP, TTC, GFH are all great, but shooting indoors with a AR10 or AR15 is a waste of expensive ammo, but does make for a good alternative in the winter when you want to get your shooting fix in or when you want to sight in a new rifle or optic.

Believe EFGA banned steel around '14.

If you like AR platforms, why not try a 15-22? Similar operation, way cheaper to shoot.

I keep trying to nudge a friend to get a .22 rifle (convinced him to get a .22 handgun, so I'm halfway there) so he doesn't blow through $100 in ammo in the first 30 minutes at the range. Unless you are buying high end match ammo, shooting .22s is still dirt cheap.

I've wanted to get a .22 AR, but it's slim pickens here in NJ. I typically just buy ammo once or twice a year and buy a lot at a time, usually when I can get it for .20-.25/round.

I'm sure there are plenty of compliant models online then, pay a transfer and you're GtG.

Sub 6c/rd ammo is out there. Might not be 3.4c like a few years ago (at least not that i have seen), but still cheap. Order by the case, maybe it will get down that low.

Just don't get into match stuff. I bought a single box (50rds) of Lapua Midas+ that was the same price as the cheapest brick I ever bought...I'm glad my rifle didn't seem to really like it any more than the cheaper Center-x. 34c/rd for Midas+ rimfire, and that isn't even the most expensive stuff.