Easton Fish and Game 200 yard range?

39 minutes ago, BobA said:

How does one go about this?

Getting a hunting license, or using the WMA ranges?

Hunting license just requires you to go through the NJ Hunter's Education course, then once you pass the "field day" portion, you get a yellow card... then go to an authorized license retailer and show them the card and purchase the license.

Then you just go to a WMA range and shoot.  Clinton WMA has a shotgun range, as well as archery and rimfire/muzzleloader/shotgun slugs.

8 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

LOL, yeah! If I were you I'd reach out to them directly. I suspect you'll find out it's just a tantalizing rumor. ;) When I finally get a rifle, I've decided to start with a .22 - not only due to affordability, but because I'm close to Clinton - I'd get a hunting license simply to use that little range. I think it's only 100 yrds, but what more does a beginner need?

If you ever want to shoot 10/22in Clinton let me know.  I live in Pittstown and usually take my 13 year old....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

If you ever want to shoot 10/22in Clinton let me know.  I live in Pittstown and usually take my 13 year old....

You know, sorta sounds like we need a rimfire shootout in Clinton sometime.  I've got a few I'd bring out, but no hunting license.  At least we wouldn't have to be concerned with throwers...

What restrictions are there for rimfires besides rifles only?  Any .22 S/L/LR, 17HMR, .17 HM2, .22 WMR, .17 WSM, right? Any mag restrictions besides 15rd for semis?

I don’t recall the limitations off hand but there is a sign outlining them on the covered structure.  Taking a stab here but I think any .22 or.17 is allowed.

rifles only and normal mag restrictions apply.

i would be game for doing a meet up.  There are only 5or 6 ports so people would need to understand that and be willing to double up.

i have a Ruger 10/22 in a magpul stock that anyone can use.  It’s nothing Uber special but it’s pretty accurate and fun little plinker

• Like 1

I've got the following I'd be happy to offer up

Savage Mark II BRJ .22LR bolt action with 16x SWFA SS scope (which I only run target/match ammo through)

Savage 93R17TR .17HMR bolt action with Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 scope

Henry H001 .22 S/L/LR lever action (with/without BSA 3-9x32 scope)

Marlin XT-22 .22LR bolt action with Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4-12x40 scope

GSG522SD .22LR HV semi-auto mp5sd2 clone with 4x ACOG knockoff

A few have either new scopes or have had scopes moved to a different rifle, so I'd want to get them zeroed before this happens.