blksheep

Firearms Insurance

You might want to check out Collectibles Insurance. Given the dollar value of what I wanted to insure their quote was very reasonable. And when I acquired a 2nd residence they would cover all items regardless of where they were at any one time.

No itemized list required either.

I recently looked into this.

I have State Farm for my homeowners and they quoted me about $230 annually for a firearms that retailed at 12,500.

they wanted an itemized list with serial numbers, I declined.

https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms

I use these guys, as an NRA member I pay I think $123/year plus or minus a few bucks.

That gets you an unscheduled policy up to $30 or $40k (i forget) with a max single item payout of $3k

Covers your guns in and out of the home from theft, fire, water etc so if your car is broken into and guns stolen, you're good.

I do not have a claim experience with them (thankfully)  

I know a lot of guys have insurance but having a company know what you have and what it's worth and where it is is a little unnerving, no? Kinda like alarm companies and the employee who installs it knowing what the inside of the house looks like along with alarm secrets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RecessedFilter said:

I know a lot of guys have insurance but having a company know what you have and what it's worth and where it is is a little unnerving, no? Kinda like alarm companies and the employee who installs it knowing what the inside of the house looks like along with alarm secrets.

this is my issue. no one needs to know(nor do they have a right or a reason to know) what i may or may not have.

Eastern Firearms Insurance. You only need to itemize firearms worth over $10k. Protects your firearms everywhere from theft, fire, water, malfunction, etc. $100,000 in insurance is approx $268 a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

I did not have to itemize what I had for insurance purposes on the rider.  

9 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I did not have to itemize what I had for insurance purposes on the rider.  

Are you taking about Rider insurance? I used to have them for motorcycle insurance...I didn't realize they had insurance for anything other than Moto.

1 minute ago, RecessedFilter said:

Are you taking about Rider insurance? I used to have them for motorcycle insurance...I didn't realize they had insurance for anything other than Moto.

No, I have homeowners insurance via Traveler's.  I have 2 riders on my insurance - one for my wife's Engagement ring, another for my firearms.  Riders are an add-on provision to a basic insurance policy that provides additional benefits at an additional cost.  Standard insurance policies don't cover firearms and some Jewelry... so I added it.

Riders to your homeowners policy is probably the second worst choice other than no insurance at all. Read the fine print. Eastern Firearms Insurance is what every large collector has. Much less expensive than the NRA Insurance. I used to use Chubb for my watch and wife's jewelery but I switched to Eastern for that as well. It was almost half the price.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk