dgstinner

MantisX Training System

Liked the concept but wish there was some way to make it work with a revolver. I saw the adapter on their website but was not impressed with it.

Liked the concept but wish there was some way to make it work with a revolver. I saw the adapter on their website but was not impressed with it.

Just need a revolver with a rail... [emoji6]

I like it. My fiancé got it for me for my last birthday. Saw it come out, was going to order it, and she wanted a present that I wouldn’t buy myself.

I use it a lot with my Glock, but also picked up the adapters for my LCP and P938 (I do have the stick-on one, as well). It’s nice, because you get summaries, and told what you are likely doing wrong for the shot to wonder. I’ve always been big on CT lasers for training, but the MantisX is a very nice tool to have.

They put out the groups a couple months back, but I really haven’t followed it past the original announcement. They had mention of some people in the firearms industry being used with the group system. Interested if you guys figure out how to use groups... I’ll actually make it more of a point to use it more than I do.

On 2/7/2018 at 5:39 PM, dgstinner said:

Anyone have the MantisX training system? I just heard about it and after watching a few videos, I picked one up on Amazon.  It provides feedback during dry or live fire.  If others have it, Maybe we could create a group and compete against each other.

Just had mine arrive today. Pretty cool. however no more Pelican case. Mine is in a custom MantisX case. Username is twospot if anyone wants to add me to their group

thumbnail_Image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Joined as well ... Only took it out for a spin once so far .. and it seems pretty accurate ... shows me just how sloppy my trigger finger still is lol

But i love the fact that I'll be able to keep track of my progress

Cool! Agreed. I wish the suggested fixes were a bit more descriptive

2 hours ago, Screwball said:

You mean the training tips during your session?

Afterwards, if you review the data, touching the section of pie gives more info.

Yes, those explain the issue more but don't necessarily give you much detail on how to actually fix. I'm just doing research for additional info on top what it says when that happens

On 7/4/2019 at 12:01 PM, kc17 said:

Any long term reviews?

1. How has it held up?
  2. Do you feel it has helped you as a shooter?
  3. Are you still happy with your decision to purchase?
  4. Would you recommend it?

I still like mine .. although im guilty of not using it as much as i should.  Mine has held up fine and I dont regret the purchase at all.  I would still recommend one if someone was interested in training with some feedback. i think it gives valuable info back to the shooter.   

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lakota said:

I still like mine .. although im guilty of not using it as much as i should.  Mine has held up fine and I dont regret the purchase at all.  I would still recommend one if someone was interested in training with some feedback. i think it gives valuable info back to the shooter.   

+1. 

I still use mine, although not as often as I should. 

Ive not had any issues with mine and the charge last more than enough time to train

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2018 at 5:47 PM, Old Glock guy said:

I've seen some info on this, and it looks promising, but I haven't gotten around to picking one up yet. Are you happy with yours?

Can't believe I posted this over two years ago, and I still haven't gotten one.  Any updates from current users?

On 7/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, Lakota said:

+1.

I like it. It's working. I'm using it (sometimes). It did help me (a little). It's worth money in my opinion. I don't feel that I wasted money because it helped me to move from "crappy" shooter to "average".