slickskin

How do I get started?

13 minutes ago, slickskin said:

I just don't see why the state demands it when you have to go through the background check to purchase anyway. It's clearly just to discourage you by making you go through a process involving fees and waiting periods references and hassles. 

This is correct 

5 hours ago, slickskin said:

What do you predict him changing? It's already one of the only states that requires this FID. If he could make it harder for people to get maybe he could also make it easier to take away even if you already have it?

Why would  you want it easier to be taken away? 

If you are even suspected of domestic abuse, they come seize all your guns.

If you are found guilty of a felony, they come seize all your guns

How should they make.it easier to take away your FID? By the way, one doe not need a FID legally own guns in NJ.  If someone moves here from PA and all their firearms are NJ legal they Don't need to have a FID.  Or tell anyone that they own firearms.

Good luck with your journey.  I would start by taking a class if you have zero experience with firearms or having a trusted friend that owns firearms and is responsible take you to the range to show you how to safely operate a firearm.

Ask lots of questions.  Most people here are very friendly.

1 hour ago, slickskin said:

I just don't see why the state demands it when you have to go through the background check to purchase anyway. It's clearly just to discourage you by making you go through a process involving fees and waiting periods references and hassles. 

i'm guessing you're pretty young. so....thyis can serve as a lesson to ya. this crap you're dealing with to be allowed to exercise a right is the kind of crap that happens when you vote democtrats in. without fail, they want to control as much as possible. they want to raise taxes, and remove rights from citizens, all under the guise of protecting us. or helping us.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, slickskin said:

Sure, but it's not as bad as asking for an FID permit. All states require a background check anyway so why isn't that enough? Why do I have to go to a police station and get finger printed and come up with references and all this other crap first just to get to the next step?! I think that's very unconstitutional and not needed. I'm really pissed about it.

You seem to be arguing from position that "if the state has already restrictions I find objectionable -FPID-I wouldn't mind if the state imposed other restrictions that I don't-training-.

Let me tell you. that's an effed up position to bargain your right away. And, yeah, before I got my first gun I took a safety gun class. But that's what I chose to do, that's what I figured it would work for me. I wouldn't ever support that as being required regardless of whatever the trade off.

31 minutes ago, WP22 said:

You seem to be arguing from position that "if the state has already restrictions I find objectionable -FPID-I wouldn't mind if the state imposed other restrictions that I don't-training-.

Let me tell you. that's an effed up position to bargain your right away. And, yeah, before I got my first gun I took a safety gun class. But that's what I chose to do, that's what I figured it would work for me. I wouldn't ever support that as being required regardless of whatever the trade off.

and yet there were/are people on this very board willing to do such for ccw. scary, ain't it?

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

and yet there were/are people on this very board willing to do such for ccw. scary, ain't it?

They are hopelessly naive in thinking the other side bargains in good faith. They don't, they never did and never will. A cursory look at the history of gun control since the NFA of 1934 until the present should dispel that notion. But no, they believe this time it will be different; we will have a big bargaining and will come out ahead. We just need to give a little more. They won't and as a consequence we won't either for all of us will be dragged along with them.

FFS it's time to realize that Charlie Brown wasn't written as a how to