slickskin

Can I buy a gun in another state?

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

just to clarify.....everyone's calling it an FID. this is incorrect. that would mean that we need that FID simply to possess our firearms. it is an FPID. it is only necessary to have it to purchase a firearm, pistol ammo, or to possess outside of the exceptions/exemptions. it is a totally unconstitutional/illegal scheme, that we've been saddled with since what? the 80's?

No, the laws that created the FPID  and the currrent system dates from 1965, went into effect in 1966. So more than 50 years.

• Like 1

NFA, GCA, Hughes Amendment, and NJ FID/FPID or whatever you want to call it Scheme are all Unconstitutional and about nothing more than disarming and controlling. Hopefully they all go away sooner than later. Same goes for Bush/Clinton/Obama Executive Orders and Treaties. I want to be able to buy Finn Captured SVT-40 at Canadian Prices of $300USD not $1,500. We would also likely see an influx of RC G/K43.

21 minutes ago, capt14k said:

NFA, GCA, Hughes Amendment, and NJ FID/FPID or whatever you want to call it Scheme are all Unconstitutional and about nothing more than disarming and controlling. Hopefully they all go away sooner than later. Same goes for Bush/Clinton/Obama Executive Orders and Treaties. I want to be able to buy Finn Captured SVT-40 at Canadian Prices of $300USD not $1,500. We would also likely see an influx of RC G/K43.

I imagine it would only get worse with the new governor that's already slamming gun rights. I'm surprised people on this forum were looking at me like I'm some terrorist weirdo for simply pointing out that in other states they are more respectful of the right to bear arms and don't make it as difficult.

A lot of paranoia here. I don't quite understand it, but don't take it personally. Many of them think I'm a conspiracy nut, but I'm not the one who thinks we are being infiltrated every time a new member asks a question. Go figure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

A lot of paranoia here. I don't quite understand it, but don't take it personally. Many of them think I'm a conspiracy nut, but I'm not the one who thinks we are being infiltrated every time a new member asks a question. Go figure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just because you subscribe to a different set of conspiracies doesn't make you any less of a nut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Still a bit confused on the black powder handgun issue.I purchased a few black powder handguns when I lived in Colorado 30 years ago. I want to leave them to my son. What must I do to make them " legal"

Forget they happen to be black powder. They are all handguns in the PRNJ! If you got them legally out of state and brought them with you when you moved here, they are legal. The only thing that would make them illegal would be if you are a prohibited person.

If you are referring to leaving them upon your demise, make sure your son is written in your will for the guns or that he is your sole heir. Their transfer will be automatic and they will be legally his! Enjoy your legal guns!:)

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Still a bit confused on the black powder handgun issue.I purchased a few black powder handguns when I lived in Colorado 30 years ago. I want to leave them to my son. What must I do to make them " legal"

Federal law does not recognize black powder as firearms. 

6 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

@Smokin .50 and @Pizza Bob 's FIDs where chiseled from stone.  @Old School has one for bow and arrows.

Yep, mine was before bows and arrows.  Issued for a flint tipped spear.

Hey Puppy, I hope you wise up and get out of "The Garbage State" sooner than the 60 years that it took me.

BTW funny thing.  A family member saw Christie in and elevator the other day and Chubby offered his hand to shake.

Family member says no sorry I can't I live in NJ

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 4:04 PM, 1LtCAP said:

just to clarify.....everyone's calling it an FID. this is incorrect. that would mean that we need that FID simply to possess our firearms. it is an FPID. it is only necessary to have it to purchase a firearm, pistol ammo, or to possess outside of the exceptions/exemptions. it is a totally unconstitutional/illegal scheme, that we've been saddled with since what? the 80's?

In the last century we just called 'em "YELLOW CARDS" & they said "Purchase & CARRY"....