Downtownv

NRA backs lawsuit claiming NJ handgun policy is ‘unconstitutional’

So, as promised I am giving you my follow-up report.
I was dressed in Business attire on my way home from work and stopped by my local PD. I was greeted by a friendly woman and told her I would like an application for a concealed carry permit. Her smile washed away and the questions started.
Are you a ret LEO- me No
Are you a a Jeweler-me No
Are you a security blah blah blah- me No
Her- we NEVER have given an approval here ever. Me- That's ok.
Here's the app and it must include specific photos, filled out and signed in front of a notary, along with $50 app fee and you must use XYZ for fingerprints More $. Her-But I told you no one has ever been approved. I said thank you, see you in a few days.

My take is this is a cultural thing with these people and how DARE you challenge us....I'll be back.

I expect to be part of every lawsuit that happens.

People, you either stand for your beliefs and do this or take a seat in the stands to watch. I Prefer to be in the 3% that will stand up to tyranny. What will you do?

Thanks for the report. I will post mine tomorrow since my local PD only allows firearms permits 2-3 days a month 4 hrs each day

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

So, as promised I am giving you my follow-up report.

I was dressed in Business attire on my way home from work and stopped by my local PD. I was greeted by a friendly woman and told her I would like an application for a concealed carry permit. Her smile washed away and the questions started.

Are you a ret LEO- me No

Are you a a Jeweler-me No

Are you a security blah blah blah- me No

Her- we NEVER have given an approval here ever. Me- That's ok.

Here's the app and it must include specific photos, filled out and signed in front of a notary, along with $50 app fee and you must use XYZ for fingerprints More $. Her-But I told you no one has ever been approved. I said thank you, see you in a few days.

My take is this is a cultural thing with these people and how DARE you challenge us....I'll be back.

I expect to be part of every lawsuit that happens.

People, you either stand for your beliefs and do this or take a seat in the stands to watch. I Prefer to be in the 3% that will stand up to tyranny. What will you do?

I don’t see notary anywhere. I do see attached letter of justifiable need

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I don’t see notary anywhere. I do see attached letter of justifiable need

I Have a "package" she made for me with her personal cover sheet.

Her verbal emphasized after completing the app including 3 references (Not Related) NOT  to sign unless in front of a notary. There were NJSP forms AND the usual Mental  health background form along with the con game bioapplicant.com fingerprint form (funny I know your finger prints never change and they are already on file. I think it's for 2 reasons Money and more work to.

Nothing at all lists anything about need on what was given to me. I would expect that to come up in a face to face interview, however.

More attempts to discourage you.

I know, the game it will not deter me. 

1 minute ago, Downtownv said:

Her verbal emphasized after completing the app including 3 references (Not Related) NOT  to sign unless in front of a notary. There were NJSP forms AND the usual Mental  health background form along with the con game bioapplicant.com fingerprint form (funny I know your finger prints never change and they are already on file. I think it's for 2 reasons Money and more work to.

Nothing at all lists anything about need on what was given to me. I would expect that to come up in a face to face interview, however.

The letter of need part is right on top.

Ive been informed of or see nothing that says notarized.

3x yes

3 reference yes

4 pictures yes

2 minutes ago, Chris1 said:

Who do I give money to? 

Yourself and the state, and apply?

• Like 2

I also see nothing about re fingerprint. I’m calling him on that for written proof

Just now, Chris1 said:

Ok.....

Can be done at the local PD station?  

I havent read much but I am certainly interested. 

During my former profession, FBI was required to come in and "look at stuff" and they even recommended I carry but that chance is long gone. 

Link up above.

10 minutes ago, Zeke said:

The letter of need part is right on top.

3x yes

3 reference yes

4 pictures yes

The letter of need part is right on top. You're  correct Letter of Need is required....(Notarized)

Money order for $50 payable to the State of NJ

copy of Drivers license 

Qualification Documents-  Proof that you can safely can handle handguns you intend to carry. This is to include the training that you headlong with the trainers information more discretionary bullshit....

• Like 1

The letter of need part is right on top. You're  correct Letter of Need is required....(Notarized)

Money order for $50 payable to the State of NJ

copy of Drivers license 

Qualification Documents-  Proof that you can safely can handle handguns you intend to carry. This is to include the training that you headlong with the trainers information more discretionary bullshit....

Where are you seeing “ the qualifying documents “?

34 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

just outta curiosity? you DID record your encounter, right? 'cause......nj is a 1 party state.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Where are you seeing “ the qualifying documents “?

On the nice lady's cover sheet.

I will call her and question that and finger printing as these are NOT list in the State police Documents...

• Like 2

Just now, Zeke said:

This is seriously a pain in the cock!

Clearly made to be as painful as they can make it... remember THEY don't want you in THEIR Club!

Never lose sight of that!

If I lose, I win!

If I win, I win.

I have nothing to lose as I will submit my app costs in joining every suit going! :) 

Either way, I want to piss on Loretta Weinberg's shoes...

• Like 4

Clearly made to be as painful as they can make it... remember THEY don't want you in THEIR Club!

Never lose sight of that!

If I lose, I win!

If I win, I win.

I have nothing to lose as I will submit my app costs in joining every suit going! :) 

:triniti:

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

so in addition to the state pd form that maximus provided the pdf for, we need much more? is this different town to town? or is there a way we can download everything, and walk into our pd with our stuff already filled out?

@Maximus did you provide that form or click on my link?