Mrs. Peel

ANJRPC Carry Case -Tonight: 11 p.m.(WWOR-TV Channel 9) - Chasing News

From ANJRPC's website:

Please tune in tonight at 11 p.m. to watch ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach discuss the case with host Bill Spadea and other guests.

Tune in at 11p.m. to WWOR-TV (Ch. 9, in the NY metro area) 

Here's the link (with a link to view it online instead) - 2nd item on page btw: https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/page/RutgersBillPasses

• Like 1

From ANJRPC's website:
Please tune in tonight at 11 p.m. to watch ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach discuss the case with host Bill Spadea and other guests.

Tune in at 11p.m. to WWOR-TV (Ch. 9, in the NY metro area) 

Here's the link (with a link to view it online instead) - 2nd item on page btw: https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/page/RutgersBillPasses

Way too short to cover the entire issue, but a great job by Scott Bach getting some airtime for the issue.

I would have classified the host as impartial which was amazing in and of itself on a NJ news station.

Scott did a great job hitting the major points in the discussion.

1) police have no duty to protect you.
2) people have died because the process to even buy a firearm is convoluted and takes too long.
3) there is a statistical drop in crime in state which “shall issue”

Only a couple minute segment but a great job getting some positive press. (No other 2a groups were trashed during the segment.)
  • Like 3

I watched it. It was brief, but effective. I thought Bach's best point was this: under the current law you're allowed to defend yourself inside your home... is your life any less valuable once you leave your house? I thought that was a very simple, thought-provoking way to look at it. I'm glad to see the issue on a TV interview too.

Edit: my post hit at same time as the one above - I concur with Lead's comments.

• Like 1

BTW, I came into the show a few seconds late - missed the intro. Who was the red-headed woman? She spoke very briefly, but was effective as well - in terms of Murphy stripping away the right to self-defense from women in particular.

BTW, I came into the show a few seconds late - missed the intro. Who was the red-headed woman? She spoke very briefly, but was effective as well - in terms of Murphy stripping away the right to self-defense from women in particular.

She was identified as Jeanette Hoffman, political strategist.

3 hours ago, this_is_nascar said:

Anyone know if it was recorded and available for viewing online, after the fact?

There are 'Chasing News' segments posted on the WOR website, but the most recent ones are from 12/2017. So it looks like the answer is 'not yet'.

6 hours ago, this_is_nascar said:

Anyone know if it was recorded and available for viewing online, after the fact?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I clicked on "Watch It Live" and it played the segment.  But then I went back and did it again and it played a different report.  Maybe I just caught at the right time?

http://www.my9nj.com/live

8 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Screw that Councilman - an 18 year old girl got murdered in the street a block away from the police department in Linden - where were the police there?

Do you have a link to the story? I'd like to post it on the Councilman's Facebook page.

1 minute ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Do you have a link to the story? I'd like to post it on the Councilman's Facebook page.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/07/hundreds_hold_vigil_for_slain.html

It happened here on Hussa St - a long block away from the police station.

cd401a3da6e1456caefced42b7df40d6.png
https://gyazo.com/cd401a3da6e1456caefced42b7df40d6

• Like 1

Did you notice the councilman chose to not believe reality? How convenient.

Goes back to what I posted earlier about proceeding from false premises.

Of course actually what he was doing was answering a question (Does LE want to protect you?) and not replying to the statement Bach made.

• Like 2

I think Scott may have muddied things a bit by referring to SCOTUS decisions that police do not have a duty to protect.  Bringing that up sounded like an attack on police.  All he needed to do was to state the obvious, that police cannot be everywhere.  

• Like 1

I always use the 2 best lines when talking with non-shooters who express a fear and dislike of guns.

1. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away

2. You know that wicker trash can next to your bed? When you throw it at an intruder in the middle of the night it's really not going to hurt him.

Leadunderpressure, thanks for posting that.  I set my DVR for the first night it was scheduled, but when it was bumped, I forgot to set my DVR for last night, so I had not had a chance to see it.  
Happy to post a positive gun news story for once.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

I think Scott may have muddied things a bit by referring to SCOTUS decisions that police do not have a duty to protect.  Bringing that up sounded like an attack on police.  All he needed to do was to state the obvious, that police cannot be everywhere.  

I could see how people would think that at first; but everyone need to hear/reminded of it because its the truth.   pointing out that soctus ruled on it will make people look it up (hopefully)  and maybe start to realize that safety is ultimately up to the individual. 

• Like 1

I wish there was more time in the segment. I think that Scott could have made that councilman look like a total fool with a bit more time. I thought he did well overall though. I do wish that Scott had countered the “we have Police” comment by bringing up that he in fact was a Captain in the Police, and that the vast majority of police work is reactionary, aka after the fact. That would have been pure ownage IMO. 

Oh, am I the only one who got a kick out of the opening scenes of the guy shooting? Kinda looks like Alex Roubian of NJ2AS.

Scott Bach, although many seem to hate him, did an awesome job there.  Clear, concise and to the point.  Well done Scott.

I already am an NRA life member and belong to NJ2AS, I wonder if throwing more money at another NJ pro 2A group could help.

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Scott Bach, although many seem to hate him, did an awesome job there.  Clear, concise and to the point.  Well done Scott.

I already am an NRA life member and belong to NJ2AS, I wonder if throwing more money at another NJ pro 2A group could help.

Perhaps reach out to Mark Cheeseman & John Jillard about their case.

That case is attacking NJ's permit to carry scheme from another angle. I'd like to see them pick up a competent attorney. Pro se representation would be a waste of a great arguement.

Here is a link to their go fund me page:

https://www.gofundme.com/restore-carry-nj

Edit: I now understand the "back room deals" that Bach often spoke about. We had a governor that would not sign more restrictive laws. He's gone, so now it's time to fire away. I'm on a waiting list for another outdoor range, but in the meantime I'm renewing at ANJRPC and sending a donation their way, as well as to Cheeseman & Jillard. 

I hope we will see something about the AWB and common use coming down the pipe as well. FU NJ!!!

• Like 2

On 2/9/2018 at 6:56 AM, leadunderpressure said:

She was identified as Jeanette Hoffman, Republican political strategist.

She is a frequent guest on NJTV defending Republicans and their policies - although I think I'm the only one who watches that channel.......

She is a frequent guest on NJTV defending Republicans and their policies - although I think I'm the only one who watches that channel.......

I know that she’s a Republican. She wasn’t identified as such during the segment.