Pizza Bob

60 Minutes 2/11 - Heads-Up

I missed the original broadcast.  Couldn't find it on demand yet late last night. Did find a "behind the scenes" edition on Youtube where they interviewed the reporter about the episode.

Little insulting how they brought the law maker to midtown Manhattan to "show him" how NYC is "different".  He should have asked the reporter to bring a young twenty something female relative of his or perhaps his wife to meet him in a deserted area of one of the not so nice area of the city at 2am on a Tuesday.

An individual's right to self defense is no different in midtown Manhattan at lunch time than it is for someone living on a farm in Iowa.

The reporter did say they invited the NRA to participate.  He said at first NRA said it would participate and then they cancelled meeting at the last minute and didn't return phone calls.  But the reporter felt the NRA's viewpoint was told through the law makers they interviewed.  Slight insinuation that the law makers proposing or supporting the bill are "bought and paid for by the NRA"?

It will probably be on demand in the next day or two.  Will try to catch it then.  Probably not a lot that will surprise me as in the "behind the scenes" episode they presented it being for the individual who isn't into firearms who may have not heard of this proposal.  That ain't anyone on a gun forum.  Lol.

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

I missed the original broadcast.  Couldn't find it on demand yet late last night. Did find a "behind the scenes" edition on Youtube where they interviewed the reporter about the episode.

Little insulting how they brought the law maker to midtown Manhattan to "show him" how NYC is "different".  He should have asked the reporter to bring a young twenty something female relative of his or perhaps his wife to meet him in a deserted area of one of the not so nice area of the city at 2am on a Tuesday.

An individual's right to self defense is no different in midtown Manhattan at lunch time than it is for someone living on a farm in Iowa.

The reporter did say they invited the NRA to participate.  He said at first NRA said it would participate and then they cancelled meeting at the last minute and didn't return phone calls.  But the reporter felt the NRA's viewpoint was told through the law makers they interviewed.  Slight insinuation that the law makers proposing or supporting the bill are "bought and paid for by the NRA"?

It will probably be on demand in the next day or two.  Will try to catch it then.  Probably not a lot that will surprise me as in the "behind the scenes" episode they presented it being for the individual who isn't into firearms who may have not heard of this proposal.  That ain't anyone on a gun forum.  Lol.

Here's the entire broadcast.    CBS 60 minutes - 02/11/2018....  Be prepared to disable "Ad Blocker" if you have it enabled.

Of course, you didn't expect them to spin it to he pro-2A side, right? :D

• Like 1

Per a Facebook post, seven members of The Well Armed Woman went to an NRA range in Virginia to meet with 60 Minutes and talk about the increased number of women involved with firearms. They said that they gave a full day of interviews and discussion, and none of it was used on the show.

I guess "they" are afraid that acknowledging that more women are involved with firearms these days goes against their agenda.

Women + firearms = less scary?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gunsrlegal said:

Per a Facebook post, seven members of The Well Armed Woman went to an NRA range in Virginia to meet with 60 Minutes and talk about the increased number of women involved with firearms. They said that they gave a full day of interviews and discussion, and none of it was used on the show.

I guess "they" are afraid that acknowledging that more women are involved with firearms these days goes against their agenda.

Women + firearms = less scary?

I've said repeatedly... the 2A side needs to PUSH women to the front of all media events. It makes it VERY difficult - in today's environment - for people to argue AGAINST a woman's right to self-defense. That's EXACTLY why they didn't include any of it on the show, I'm certain!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I've said repeatedly... the 2A side needs to PUSH women to the front of all media events. It makes it VERY difficult - in today's environment - for people to argue AGAINST a woman's right to self-defense. That's EXACTLY why they didn't include any of it on the show, I'm certain!

I agree with you 100%. Here you had a group of knowledgeable women who discussed, among other things, the empowerment that firearms can provide for women who choose to own them and the entire subject was avoided. Disgraceful!

• Like 6

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No mention of men or women above....Just people! Women are no different than men when it comes to guns! I for one am very happy that more and more women are finally coming to that realization!:)

• Like 3

I saw that on FB late last night.  I haven't watched full episode yet but from the "behind the scenes" YouTube video I watched, fom what I've read and now knowing that 60 Minutes intentionally excluded a well informed and educated group of female firearm owners from the segment just reinforces my opinion that this appears to be very one sided "reporting".

Will try to watch full episode tonight.