Sign in to follow this  
45Doll

VP9 SK Night Sight Question

The factory night sights on the VP9 are Tritium based, not photo luminescent like the HK45s etc.

The HK VP9 SK web page lists a number of variants. The 700009KLE-A5 is listed as having factory night sights, but the page doesn't specify what type. I did find verbiage on vendor sites for this variant that describe Tritium sights so I'm *assuming* this is true. Anyone know for sure?

Also, three other variants (green-81000098, grey-81000100 and FDE-81000096 frames) are also listed as having night sights. Does anyone know if these three variants use Tritium sights?

I emailed HK CS a couple days ago about this, but they haven't answered me yet.

Ive got the NoN LE model (700009K-A5) and the sights are photoluminescent and have a slant shape to them. Looking at this link of the LE version shows clearly different sights then mine. The LE sights   say TRU DOT (which is Meprolight) on the side of them. https://www.classicfirearms.com/heckler-koch-vp9-sk-700009kle-a5

I believe the LE models all have tritium Mep night sights.

15 minutes ago, wangsly said:

Ive got the NoN LE model (700009K-A5) and the sights are photoluminescent and have a slant shape to them. Looking at this link of the LE version shows clearly different sights then mine. The LE sights   say TRU DOT (which is Meprolight) on the side of them. https://www.classicfirearms.com/heckler-koch-vp9-sk-700009kle-a5

I believe the LE models all have tritium Mep night sights.

Thanks W. I do see the TRU DOT logo so yes, they're Tritium. As for your model, I think HK uses the photo luminescent dot rather than a flat white on a number of models. Sometimes they have refered to those as 'night sights'. But I wouldn't. Pull a pistol with those out of a safe (where they've been for a week or more) in the dark and see how much night vision you get.

As for the others, the colored frames frames of color not only don't have a 'LE' designation, they have a different series number. That's why I'm looking for direct experience or info what those 'night sights' are.

W: Thanks for that link. The description on the page does say 'Sights: Tritium', so that's encouraging.

The picture might actually be of the plain sight variant. Vendors don't always match up the correct product photo with the product page. Notice the disclaimer under the photo: "The product photo may not represent the complete detail of the item being purchased."

That OD Green variant is the one I'm considering. Looks good in that photo. If it's got the Tritium sights it's a go.

H&K never answered my email so I just called customer service.

Only the 700009KLE-A5 variant (black) has the Tritium night sights. All the colored frames of color have the photo luminescent sights. Boo.

I don't know why they do that. It has to be the same slide.

Oh well. Back in black.