Krdshrk

Remington is about to file for Bankrupcy

Remington Outdoor Company Inc, one of the largest U.S. makers of firearms, has reached out to banks and credit investment funds in search of financing that will allow it to file for bankruptcy, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-remingtonoutdoor-bankruptcy-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-gunmaker-remington-seeks-financing-to-file-for-bankruptcy-sources-idUSKBN1FT04C

$950 million in debt..... 

7 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Nah. They won’t go under.

Okay, but I think the Mossberg vs Remington battle has a victor.  Although Mossberg won this battle when they released the 590A1.

How’s that?

Renington was founded 202 years ago and has been around for almost 100 years longer than Mossberg - you can’t even compare.

I’ve said it a bunch of times, Mossberg is a fine shotgun. I happen to prefer Remington. That’s not going to change even if Remington shuts its doors.

The “battle” is all in your head Ray. You should probably go see someone about that....

• Like 1

Okay, but I think the Mossberg vs Remington battle has a victor.  Although Mossberg won this battle when they released the 590A1.
Mossberg has a lot of catching up to do. 1903A3, 1914, and 1917. Just those 3 rifle models armed more men in war than Mossberg could ever hope to.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, capt14k said:

Mossberg has a lot of catching up to do. 1903A3, 1914, and 1917. Just those 3 rifle models armed more men in war than Mossberg could ever hope to.

I am talking combat shotguns, not battle rifles.  

26 minutes ago, capt14k said:

From WWI Model 10 to Vietnam 870 Remington wins again.

Slogan should be Remington goes to war while Mossberg stays home to train

You could have said that in 1998, when Remington was legit.  But, as we all know, Freedom Group ruins quality control.   Just ask Marlin and Remington.  It is a shame though, the 870L Wingmaster is my first ever gun and I will cherish it long after Big Green closes their doors in a few years.

• Like 1

You could have said that in 1998, when Remington was legit.  But, as we all know, Freedom Group ruins quality control.   Just ask Marlin and Remington.  It is a shame though, the 870L Wingmaster is my first ever gun and I will cherish it long after Big Green closes their doors in a few years.

I can agree with that. Iconic brands were destroyed. 

At least there is still Winchester

Isn't Mossberg mostly Turkish and Mexican parts assembled in Texas? Doesn't scream quality.

Remington is way to big to just go away.....They will be fine![emoji4]
I don't know about that. They only sold for $131M 10 years ago and that included taking on $241M in debt. In the last year it looks like sales went from $950M to $650M. They definitely aren't too big to fail.

30 minutes ago, capt14k said:

It is undeniable that Remington has an outstanding legacy, but that's just what it is, a legacy.  Mossberg is smashing it with the Shockwave, which Remington quickly copied once they saw it was a hot item, all of Remington's sales of the Tac was driven by brand loyalty.and riding the coattails of Mossberg's innovation.

Remington struggled for years to get the R51 out.

When they took over Marlin, quality went down the shitter. I read so many complaints about the poor quality of the so called "Remlins"., especially complaints about 336's.  Appalling fit and finish, inconsistent accuracy, some are lemons and others tack drivers.  It's a crap shoot.

The 700 series is nice but not the only game in town.  A tricked out 700 could easily cost $3000.00.  But why buy a sweet rifle like that when you can get something just as sweet from Ruger for a 1/3rd the cost.  Ruger is smashing the long range precision rifle market.  A very traditional company like Remington, but far more innovative and changing with the times.

I'm still a huge fan of the 870. Mine was built in the early 90's and it's just as good today as the day I unboxed it. I'd still recommend an 870 but if they really needed 1990's Rem quality, I'd tell them to look at Benelli.

Remington's legacy is not enough alone to keep that company alive.  They need to make some major improvements to QC and stop being cheap bastards.Get back into the business of making guns instead of sacrificing quality just to shave a few dollars.

I hope Remington can pull through this.  Sadly, I'm not optimistic that they can.  It would kill me to see the brand sold or licensed to a Chinese company.

11 hours ago, capt14k said:

Isn't Mossberg mostly Turkish and Mexican parts assembled in Texas? Doesn't scream quality.

Incorrect.  They sell a budget pump shotgun called the Maverick 88 that has Mexican parts but is assembled in Texas.

The other guns are made in Connecticut, I think.  

Incorrect.  They sell a budget pump shotgun called the Maverick 88 that has Mexican parts but is assembled in Texas.

The other guns are made in Connecticut, I think.  

That is definitely not correct. They basically left CT when the laws were changed. 4 years ago 90% were assembled or Made in Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mossberg over unders are made in Turkey, 88 China, mucho parts hecho en Meh-he-ko and China, 702 Brazil.

That sounds correct and goes with what I have read.

Mossberg over unders are made in Turkey, 88 China, mucho parts hecho en Meh-he-ko and China, 702 Brazil.

500's parts made in Mexico and China. Assembled in Texas.

Plinkster is an import.

Yeah, I think you're right. Maybe confusing the 88 with Stevens 320.

You were correct.

Edit The Maverick is also foreign made. Maverick 88 looks to have foreign parts as you stated. For that matter all of their doubles are Made in Turkey.

930 barrels, triggers, and bolt assemblies made in Mexico. Getting close to a USA MADE Shotgun. Maybe the 590 is truly made in the USA?

Jesus Christ people, relax.  I get it, you are trying to stand behind your favorite pump guns.  But facts are facts.  Mossbergs are better built, more durable, and more dependable than Remingtons.  Sorry