Sign in to follow this  
45Doll

Target Sports USA Prime Membership

TSUSA is my top (but not only) online ammunition vendor. If they have what I want, 99% of the time they're the cheapest, and when they ship an order via Fedex I get it the next business day.

I got a promotional email this morning and noticed this plugged in at the tail end. Looks like they're taking a hint from Amazon. $95/Year gets wholesale pricing and free shipping on every order. (Not just case orders.) Plus in the 3rd quarter of your membership they'll ship you a Mystery Ammo Box with items based on your purchase history.

I have to do a little purchase history analysis and some arithmetic, but off the top it looks like I would break even at a bare minimum; most likely I'll be saving more than $95/year.

If you're interested be sure to read the reviews and FAQ on the membership page. A number of people asked questions I'm sure we would ask. The answers are interesting.

I think my biggest interest may end up being able to get free shipping if I don't have a full case, or if I buy a mixed case of something. Round nose & HP or something. I know I wouldn't jerk them around for a box at a time. But I had just ordered 100 rounds of Gold Dot .357 short barrel because they got it in, and paid $15 shipping. Of course the total price was still better than in state, but that's one example.

10 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I think my biggest interest may end up being able to get free shipping if I don't have a full case, or if I buy a mixed case of something. Round nose & HP or something. I know I wouldn't jerk them around for a box at a time. But I had just ordered 100 rounds of Gold Dot .357 short barrel because they got it in, and paid $15 shipping. Of course the total price was still better than in state, but that's one example.

Same here.

Sometimes I don't need/want $500 worth of ammo, so getting free shipping when ordering $50 worth would be a good thing.

can anyone give an idea of what the wholesale discount is roughly over the normal web listed price?

also wonder if they'll ever take a page from the amazon playbook, and go with a monthly ammo subscription deal as well.  that could be interesting.

10 minutes ago, sota said:

can anyone give an idea of what the wholesale discount is roughly over the normal web listed price?

also wonder if they'll ever take a page from the amazon playbook, and go with a monthly ammo subscription deal as well.  that could be interesting.

Read the FAQs on the page. They give examples.

Yes they are OOS periodically on items I like. Over the last 5 years their OOS items seem to track the rest of the big internet ammo vendors, at least on items I frequent.

When browsing their site I always check the 'Show in stock only' box. And sometimes when refreshing a page or starting over you have to recheck that box. That property is not persistent on their pages.

I should note their alerts when items come back in stock do work.