MichaelDiggs

Trigger

I have a hard time telling the difference between an SSA and an SSA-E.  I also have an MBT and that feels very different due to the flat face on the trigger bow. I would say that all three will give excellent results.  The MBT is the cheapest and is on sale right now for $99 if you do the "I can wait" option.  The SSA/SSA-E go on sale all the time in the $180 range, just have to wait for a Memorial Day or an Independence Day sale. 

I have both SSA and SSA-E triggers.  SSA feels more heavy on the second pull with not as fine break as the SSA-E.  I think geiselle calls it the carrot break and candy cane feel, which I can see.  IMO, both feel like what they're marketed for (SSA for CQB and SSA-E for precision).  I have run the SSA-E in a class and it did just fine; it just depends what you want to do most of the time.  

I have both and like both, but I think I like the E a little bit better because the E breaks like glass. Would not want the E in CQB but only for precision, it breaks too easy for CQB or self-defense.

• Like 1

IMO if you want crisp, leave behind Geiselle. It peaks at the ssa-e and while they are nice for a multi- part trigger, the drop in trigger packs are just hitting an insane level of performance and pricing.  

If you like zero creep, the top of the line elftman tactical is a single stage with no take up. Like literally no take up. Trigger bits pivot on needle bearings.

If you like light and a pretty crisp break, the AR gold trigger can get down to 1.9lbs It is technically a two stage, but stage one is very, very, very light, and IMO feels more like trigger flop than a stage. Something like .4lbs. and it is kind of long for the weight. 

If you like crisp but don't need ultra light weight, the triggertech adjustable trigger can get down to ~2.5lbs. It has a relatively short take up at about .7lbs And a really crisp, repeatable break. You may see claims that it gets down to 1.9lbs. You will also see some people complaining about it doubling and some other stuff.  Out of the box it does not hit that weight anymore. Somewhere around 2.3lbs the adjustment screw stops being attached to the housing. Based on reading up on it in various forums and owner reviews, I believe they may have revised the trigger sometime last year. You also need to follow the install instructions that come with it. 

If you want full space gun territory, there's the timney calvin elite AR. 1.5lbs with a fully adjustable/articulated trigger shoe. Costs more than the geiselle, but there aint much out there like it. 

• Like 1

I'm a fan of my G2S a lot. Although not gonna lie, I don't feel a huge difference between that and the stock LWRC trigger, but it's a subtle improvement.

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

I'm a fan of my G2S a lot. Although not gonna lie, I don't feel a huge difference between that and the stock LWRC trigger, but it's a subtle improvement.

I dropped my lwrc at tier one.  For about 50$. Mike smoothed it out alot.  Well worth 50$.  No creep at all now.  Just a quick smooth break. 

What I may do is get a better one like a SSA for the LWRC in the future then swap the G2S in to my AR10