Krdshrk

MidwayUSA - IMI 5.56 55gr M193 - $289.99/1200 Free Shipping (24c/round)

I just bought a case of 9 and 556 from the federal rebate (Turns out thats Israeli ammo too, cool)... thought THAT was a great deal.. SMFH.... buying ANOTHER case.. can always sell it for what (if not more than) i paid if i end up needing the cash, so at this price why the heck not, i guess... lol

Crazy part is its free shipping at that price too. Even with the insane Federal Rebates i paid more than this for basically the same ammo... And i thought they were crazy for giving out those rebates... they were laughing and taking my 500$ to the darn bank... lol

2 hours ago, GunsnFreedom said:

I bought on 2/10 and the price dropped 1/3 for the exact item I ordered.  I called them to see if they could do and they said there was nothing they can do.  They wouldn't credit my account or anything.  I won't be buying from them again.

I would check to see if your credit card has a price protection feature. Only bad thing is you’d be telling your CC company that you bought ammo. 

On 2/13/2018 at 2:03 PM, fatty said:

That sucks...  however, in my experience companies rarely honor price change differences.  Wholesale is a different story, but on the retail end I never see it happen.

Big companies do it; Toys R Us, Walmart, etc.. at least from my experience. Had this issue with a sight, too... very disappointing when they wont give you the difference. I Told them i could just return it and repurchase and i'd save money and theyd be stuck with an open sight and they basically figured most people wont bother so they make out... stupid..

• Like 1

I got my 2nd case in. Because i only ordered ammo this time, they shipped it in the original box. My whole neighborhood now knows im "that guy" buying ammo by the case.... smh... for 40 cents id have hoped they would put it in a plain box.

otherwise its the same ammo i paid like 35 cents for a year ago.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:40 PM, GunsnFreedom said:

I bought on 2/10 and the price dropped 1/3 for the exact item I ordered.  I called them to see if they could do and they said there was nothing they can do.  They wouldn't credit my account or anything.  I won't be buying from them again.

Bo hoo ship happens.  

I shot some of it last week, I wasn't disappointed. I didn't have any issues like some other people have said they have on their reviews. Ordered more of it but this time in 7.62 :) 

my real problem right now is with Primary Arms. Ordered a bunch of parts last week for my .308, a Scope, a mount and a BAD lever (which their site said it worked with, now it doesn't after I made a return claim). I don't have the original shipping box anymore and they won't email me a new shipping label to return the BAD lever, they want me to write RTS on the original box with a return number. 1) I've never had a company do that for their return policy before 2) It makes absolutely no sense to ship a BAD Lever by itself in a 3 foot long box because that's what all my items came in. 3) Their Customer Service Rep is trying to tell me that there site says clear as day the BAD Lever doesn't work on larger rifles, yet it's listed under AR-308 parts and in their return policy it doesn't say anything about not allowing you to return something you no longer want. Will no longer be buying anything from Primary Arms, Midway USA has better pricing and a better return policy.

MidwayUSA is a solid site. Always have the best prices on everything.

IMI isn’t great ammo, but it’s not horrible either. For shooting paper it’s fine

2 hours ago, siderman said:

never shot IMI before so am looking forward to how it shoots thru a few guns here. says its being shipped already.

One nice thing about IMI, loaded right to spec.  If your firearm has issues, it will tell you about it.  Canadian IVI will do the same thing.  Funny how the bitchers always say it's the ammo, never the gun.  Look for popped primers in the FCG and extraction marks on brass.  Keep that brass, ain't none made better.   Make sure if you have fired that cheap steel shit in your gun you clean it to the max before shooting this stuff or bring a rod with you to the range.

I have shot a lot of this and never had one issue.  Then again I only shoot brass in my firearms.

On 2/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, ECsandstar said:

Fucking hate that you have to create an account and can't check out as a gues.

i mean it's midway. one of the most reputable 2a companies out there. the owner is a ring of honor nra member. what's the objection to creating an account?

interesting that the 77gr razor core is so much cheaper than the 69gr.

anyone have any idea how long the sale is on for?

I've shot 120 rounds of the IMI 5.56 55gr through my AR so far, I can't complain about it. Shoots just as well as Federal 55 gr does and for a lot cheaper. I haven't had any issues with bad primers or bad feeds. still have another 900 rounds of it left :lol: