So I am going to read the whole thread but I’m impatient so I apologize if it’s been said this way. 

A “loophole” is not illegal. People find tax loopholes all the time. It’s legal. Maybe unethical, but there is a hole in the law that can be taken advantage of.

There is no gun show loophole. I’m starting to feel like I need to dump liberal friends because I’m struggling with the lack of sense. If you don’t like guns, that’s fine. However don’t make sh*t up. Accept reality.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 10:14 AM, Mrs. Peel said:

Couldn't agree more! Deaths by shootings have trended downward for decades... and fall well below the other more common causes of death in the U.S. That's why the other phrase I despise is "gun violence epidemic" - first of all, "gun violence" implies that violence by gun is some highly unique crime (as though a career criminal wouldn't just as happily stab you death - violence is violence and its root cause is the violent offender)... and worse yet, by using the word "epidemic", it implies that the trend is moving sharply upward (the opposite, in fact, of where the multi-decade trend line has been).

Look at the trend lines for deaths by opioids... calling that "the opioid epidemic" is actually quite accurate. Those cases are, in fact, skyrocketing.

Words matter! Facts matter! The thing that makes me the most frustrated is that the organized 2A movement has not done a better job of messaging. Nearly ALL of the facts, trends and credible studies are in their favor - but they do a really poor job of getting that info out there, IMO.

I also think they’re preaching to the choir. Even elected officials do the same thing. Why are we not educating the anti base. Probably because it will be a hard frustrating task. But the fact is, laying it all out to us is useless. We need to open some anti eyes. Facts are wishy washy too. For everything I bring up, an anti can bring up their facts debunking mine. This just comes down to philosophy really, unless someone really wants to be open minded. These days that’s in short supply.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Twospot said:

I also think they’re preaching to the choir. Even elected officials do the same thing. Why are we not educating the anti base. Probably because it will be a hard frustrating task. But the fact is, laying it all out to us is useless. We need to open some anti eyes. Facts are wishy washy too. For everything I bring up, an anti can bring up their facts debunking mine. This just comes down to philosophy really, unless someone really wants to be open minded. These days that’s in short supply.

Studies can be wishy washy - if you're using a low sample, questionable methods, etc. But I disagree that the basic facts about gun crimes are wishy washy. Large, credible studies, conducted scientifically, show results that align remarkably. Statistically speaking, we know who commits crime --- career criminals. And that's why gun control doesn't work. I still say we don't "message" well enough.

20 minutes ago, Twospot said:

So I am going to read the whole thread but I’m impatient so I apologize if it’s been said this way. 

A “loophole” is not illegal. People find tax loopholes all the time. It’s legal. Maybe unethical, but there is a hole in the law that can be taken advantage of.

There is no gun show loophole. I’m starting to feel like I need to dump liberal friends because I’m struggling with the lack of sense. If you don’t like guns, that’s fine. However don’t make sh*t up. Accept reality.

There is nothing unethical about following the law as written. The law is the law, and you are either following it, or breaking it. The term loophole is just used by the anti gun crowd to portray us as sneaky law breakers who need to be stopped. But what are we doing wrong? Reading and understanding the laws that govern our interest in firearms, then (gasp!!!) staying within those laws. We should all be jailed immediately for being responsible citizens!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Twospot said:

Jus make sure you’re respectful and polite. You’d be amazed at the discussion.

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

There is nothing unethical about following the law as written. The law is the law, and you are either following it, or breaking it. The term loophole is just used by the anti gun crowd to portray us as sneaky law breakers who need to be stopped. But what are we doing wrong? Reading and understanding the laws that govern our interest in firearms, then (gasp!!!) staying within those laws. We should all be jailed immediately for being responsible citizens!

Oh I don’t disagree with taking advantage of a loophole in any area of life. If the opening is there so be it. My point is 1. There is no gun show loophole 2. Certainly there are loopholes in plenty of things that may not seem “right” to others.it wasn’t specific to this topic.

1 minute ago, Twospot said:

Do that always. However the return is not necessarily the case.

Then it’s not worth the time. You have the left, the middle, and the right. Most fall somewhere around the middle.... I hope that’s still the case.

Do that always. However the return is not necessarily the case.
Very few Liberals want to know the truth. They would rather spout off their Liberal Lies. When you present facts and truth they usually respond with a four letter word. Though I did recently get through to a couple about what the actual law is. The best way to do so is only present facts. No opinions. It boxes them into a corner and removes emotion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here is the problem regarding out of state gun show sales. In a state that has gun shows and does not require in the case of a private sale any background check under state law or any paper trail for that matter, you never know if the sale is legal or illegal because only the parties know if they are eligible to buy and sell a firearm. In many states that permit these types of sales, by non-preempted law or ordinance, private sales may not be permitted on the premises (as defined) where the gun show is held in a public as opposed to a private building. In other States, there are no restrictions. Putting aside what the parties to such a sale actually know, I doubt there is any reliable method or statistic to determine if this is really a problem but I suspect it is BS.