Bully

Soooooo... This Just Happened

Such a beautiful piece. I’m honored to own one. The trigger really is as nice as I’ve heard. The bluing is a mile deep.  The grips and assorted small parts all seem original to the gun.  

No box/papers but it does have the letter from Colt’s archives. 

Built late ‘71 or very early ‘72. Shipped in Feb ‘72 to a dealer in NYC. I am the third owner. It’s had a very easy life. Maybe a few hundred rounds thru it. I plan on adding a few to that number.  No too many, but a few. 

CAD1FF46-0374-4102-BEAF-7A5DA8399D19.jpeg

C22228B7-5FD4-4104-8C26-497147E85BC2.jpeg

B4AC343B-4449-4BAB-B7EB-80EA33900F91.jpeg

7E78D52D-B36B-4F01-A754-DF4AE65A8ABA.jpeg

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Bully said:

@45Doll If you have any history on the pistol, shoot me a PM.  

Sorry there B if I misled you. I was referring to mine. The factory tuned Python was the very first handgun I bought, in 1978. I always thanked the salesman at Edelman's on Route 22 for that suggestion. Didn't know too much back then!

Yes, I still have it, and won't sell it. Yours looks great and I hope you enjoy it. To me it's an heirloom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Downtownv said:

The Holy Grail of wheelies!

I have bought and sold least a dozen snakes, paid for my youngest daughters wedding....I never took possession of most of them. My FFL held it and reshipped them.

I hope to have it in the safe when I die so my wife can fund part of a new car.  

Just now, 45Doll said:

Sorry there B if I misled you. I was referring to mine. The factory tuned Python was the very first handgun I bought, in 1978. I always thanked the salesman at Edelman's on Route 22 for that suggestion. Didn't know too much back then!

Yes, I still have it, and won't sell it. Yours looks great and I hope you enjoy it. To me it's an heirloom.

Gotcha.

I wouldn't make an offer because even though I did fairly well on this I can't afford another anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Bully said:

I hope to have it in the safe when I die so my wife can fund part of a new car.  

Gotcha.

I wouldn't make an offer because even though I did fairly well on this I can't afford another anytime soon.

LOL! I couldn't afford to buy another one at today's prices either!

You don't need two. When you have one of something and it's of really good quality, I think you appreciate it more. Enjoy!

• Like 1

For those of you as jealous as me, there may be an opportunity to be 5% as happy as bully. Saw this on reddit firearms. 

"I was at the Great American Outdoors show in PA last week and stopped to browse the Colt showings. I happened start chatting up the Colt representative as we looked over the newly returned Cobra. After a few minutes I posed the question “So when will you bring back the pythons?” His response exactly was: “Stay tuned. We had to reintroduce ourselves to the revolver market with smaller frame revolvers before moving up to medium and full size frames of higher caliber. So definitely stay tuned to us is all I can say for now....” said with a slight grin I might add

Does this almost secure the dreams of many of a Python revival? I sure hope so. Just thought I’d let you all know."

2 minutes ago, Sevenshot said:

Does this almost secure the dreams of many of a Python revival? I sure hope so. Just thought I’d let you all know."

I do not believe they have the capability of recreating the original Pythons with either mechanical or human labor. Those Colt gunsmiths were craftsmen of a lost art. IMO.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sevenshot said:

For those of you as jealous as me, there may be an opportunity to be 5% as happy as bully. Saw this on reddit firearms. 

"I was at the Great American Outdoors show in PA last week and stopped to browse the Colt showings. I happened start chatting up the Colt representative as we looked over the newly returned Cobra. After a few minutes I posed the question “So when will you bring back the pythons?” His response exactly was: “Stay tuned. We had to reintroduce ourselves to the revolver market with smaller frame revolvers before moving up to medium and full size frames of higher caliber. So definitely stay tuned to us is all I can say for now....” said with a slight grin I might add

If they’re as “nice” as the Cobra, I’ll hold. 

31 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I do not believe they have the capability of recreating the original Pythons with either mechanical or human labor. Those Colt gunsmiths were craftsmen of a lost art. IMO.

And they’re broke if I remember right.