Bully

Soooooo... This Just Happened

On 2/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, 45Doll said:

I do not believe they have the capability of recreating the original Pythons with either mechanical or human labor. Those Colt gunsmiths were craftsmen of a lost art. IMO.

Different machining, different gunsmiths, different metals, different craftsmanship.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

Different machining, different gunsmiths, different metals, different craftsmanship.  

I totally think they could re-create the Python.  Honestly, they could make it better than the original.  Problem would be cost.  I've not taken this apart, and I don't plan to, but apparently they need a bit of hand fitting to work smoothly.  That hand fitting adds tons to the cost of an item.  Think Toyota Camry vs. a Koenigsegg 1:1.

It could be done but the cost would be considerably more than a PC Smith and less than a Korth.  More than many would spend.  And the bluing...

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

Impossible, for the reasons I stated above.

You need to look into machining videos on YouTube and Instagram.  With the capabilities of CNC 4 and 5 axis machining and Wire EDM, it's totally possible.  It would just be more than you and I would be willing to spend, most likely.  

1 minute ago, Bully said:

You need to look into machining videos on YouTube and Instagram.  With the capabilities of CNC 4 and 5 axis machining and Wire EDM, it's totally possible.  It would just be more than you and I would be willing to spend, most likely.  

It is IMPOSSIBLE. 

11 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

1 minute ago, Pizza Bob said:

Ray Ray, you need to look at Cabot firearms

If you had to pick from a Model 10 built in 1975 or one built in 2016, you would pick the one built in 1975.  Fact

Different gunsmiths, different machines, different metals, different working environment. 

12 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

That doesn't make the one built in 1975 better, just different. Besides 1975 was kind of a nadir for S&W - Bangor Punta era.

My new baby is a Bangor Punta era gun!

Okay, then my K38 Combat Masterpiece from 1951.  And a 4 inch 38 made today.