Mrs. Peel

Public Service Announcement: Valentine's Day in 2 Days!

I know the above title will be met with an immediate tidal wave of groaning, kvetching and general bitching from a certain segment of you. :facepalm:

However, for those of you who are more evolved than the Neanderthals referenced above, this is a friendly reminder that Valentine's Day is this Wednesday... racing up oh-so-fast! But, there is still ample time to arrange thoughtful gestures --- dinner reservations, flowers, jewelry, chocolate, event tickets... whatever you think your honey would particularly enjoy. Why not step it up a little this year... make it extra-special? :wub: Remember: the phrase happy wife, happy life came about for very good reasons! 

You're most welcome! 

• Like 2

Ah, yes... and so it begins. The peanut gallery is already chiming in with their collective wisdom. :facepalm:

@silverado427 @ChrisJM981 - for shame! Have you no romance in your souls? Tsk-tsk. Back to the training camp with the both of you!

• Like 2

Done and done. Also happens to be my Anniversary. We went out for dinner Saturday (Brazilian Steakhouse in Belmar). We will have an ice cream cake the 14th, but it looks like we won't be avoiding the Great Flu/Cold of 2018. So at least one kid and probably me will be in bad shape :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cabalrayz said:

thanks for the reminder to start a fight tonight and break up with the girlfriend to save myself about 200 bucks.

You're a HORRIBLE man! :p

2 minutes ago, matty said:

Done and done. Also happens to be my Anniversary. We went out for dinner Saturday (Brazilian Steakhouse in Belmar). We will have an ice cream cake the 14th, but it looks like we won't be avoiding the Great Flu/Cold of 2018. So at least one kid and probably me will be in bad shape :(

You, Matty, on the other hand... Well done! I'm sorry you've got the flu bug though. God, it's awful this year! Feel better soon, you and the kid. :heat:

I got my wife one of these...

https://www.apmex.com/product/95451/roman-antoninianus-claudius-ii-gothicus-the-st-valentine-coin

I figure that's the oldest thing(or one of) in my county since it was minted 1700 years ago :)

also got her one of these.

https://www.apmex.com/product/117516/1-oz-silver-colorized-round-apmex-classic-valentines-day

2 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I got my wife one of these...

https://www.apmex.com/product/95451/roman-antoninianus-claudius-ii-gothicus-the-st-valentine-coin

I figure that's the oldest thing(or one of) in my county since it was minted 1700 years ago :)

also got her one of these.

https://www.apmex.com/product/117516/1-oz-silver-colorized-round-apmex-classic-valentines-day

Combining romance with investing? 10 points from the American judge for your creativity!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Texans know how to act!!!

Funny story, years back (when I was young, thin and hot, LOL)... I was on business travel in Dallas. It was like another planet. Men wouldn't just open the door... Noooooo, they'd RUN to get the door, tip their hats, give you a big smile and a "howdy", flirt a little. It was VERY good for a girl's ego! I won't lie... relocation to TX crossed my mind!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Funny story, years back (when I was young, thin and hot, LOL)... I was on business travel in Dallas. It was like another planet. Men wouldn't just open the door... Noooooo, they'd RUN to get the door, tip their hats, give you a big smile and a "howdy", flirt a little. It was VERY good for a girl's ego! I won't lie... relocation to TX crossed my mind!

That’s ‘cause our mommas raised us right!;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

EveR since @ChrisJM981 left me for his mail order bride from the Filipines, i am not the same.

Well, I realize this news won't mend your broken heart BUT...at least you're in demand... by someone. It certainly sounds like @Zeke is making a play for you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well, I realize this news won't mend your broken heart BUT...at least you're in demand... by someone. It certainly sounds like @Zeke is making a play for you!

Just the other day over lunch, Zeke mentioned how much he enjoyed Ray Ray’s company....

• Like 2