45Doll

Murphy's Stacked Anti-Gun 'Roundtable'

9 hours ago, silverado427 said:

If its dangerous enough for the police, that they require 15 rounds magazines.   Then Its  also dangerous enough for us law-abiding citizens to require the same. JMHO.

i think police get the normal capacity 30 rounders.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Unless I'm mistaken, ANJRPC may be mistaken on the ammo bill A2759 http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2759_I1.PDF

This appears to regulate handgun ammunition only, unless I'm missing something (PDF seemed to be distorted).

That one is just adding ogive penetrator bullet lingo to a restricted list.

It's probably this one by Nia Gill and Loretta Weinberg (Senate)

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S0500/102_I1.HTM

And 

Louis Greenwald (Assembly)

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2761_I1.HTM

50 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Unless I'm mistaken, ANJRPC may be mistaken on the ammo bill A2759 http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2759_I1.PDF

This appears to regulate handgun ammunition only, unless I'm missing something (PDF seemed to be distorted).

They're probly concerned about a broad and liberal interpretation of   " from legally possessing ammunition designed and constructed like the SS190AP bullet that can penetrate body armor." Even tho it does specifically point to handguns, their logic will expand into any bullit that can do what theSS109AP can do. So bring on the rifles and you have a ballistic fukfest ....

1 hour ago, Silence Dogood said:

Yeah but (Nationwide) the current fad is AR pistols (aka no stamp SBRs) so it's not too big a leap to making 5.56 also a handgun round if they really wanted to

26 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

IMO....his perception is warped regarding 2A,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Is it because he misuses words like reality?  

Frankly, there is an objective reality to be explored on matters like firearms and violence, IMO (and I suspect most here would agree).   Many seem to want to subscribe to a subjective view of the world, which leads them to spout nonsense like this.  (I think exploring the ideas of meaning and symbolism can be useful in determining why people think what they do, but it isn't useful in understanding phenomena in the physical world.)

By Paige Gross

[email protected],

For NJ.com

A gun trafficking ring was transporting illegal weapons from Ohio into New Jersey, authorities said.

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal will announce Wednesday details of the law enforcement operation that unveiled the gun transportation ring and lead to multiple arrests at a press conference. 

Officials say the weapons, some of which were assault rifles, were sold throughout Camden. 

New Jersey State Police Acting Superintendent Patrick Callahan and Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson will be present at the press conference. 

So you say these are all democrats............Hmmm.

45 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

One of his readers, however, understands:

Sorry, WRONG. The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with crime; the benefit to being armed against criminals is but a wonderful side effect of our 2nd amendment. The second amendment is about preserving a free state, that is, one that is not controlled by a central government. I won't go into how the 17th amendment made this country less of a free state but that is a great starting point for where we are now. Read up on that, it should be repealed.
This will rock your side of the boat a little. Did you know, you have more of a right to own a firearm than you do a drink of water? Absolutely true, and I don't even know why I brought it up...wait I do. Cause your side (Hillary), doesn't understand why we have guns and why we are not like the rest of the world. Why we are able to be the most giving country in the world. Why so many want to come here. Why we are still, for the present, the shinning light on the hill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mossburger said:

Yeah but (Nationwide) the current fad is AR pistols (aka no stamp SBRs) so it's not too big a leap to making 5.56 also a handgun round if they really wanted to

Not for a handgun (AR pistol) that would be illegal in NJ, I'd say.

2 hours ago, GunsnFreedom said:

That one is just adding ogive penetrator bullet lingo to a restricted list.

It's probably this one by Nia Gill and Loretta Weinberg (Senate)

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S0500/102_I1.HTM

And 

Louis Greenwald (Assembly)

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2761_I1.HTM

Those are both versions of the 10-round limit law.

2 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

But at least he doesn't take himself too seriously (see quote below) and tries to figure out both sides.

"*I endorsed Clinton for president for my personal safety. I write about Trump’s powers of persuasion and it is not safe to live in California if people think you support Trump in any way. Also, I’m rich, so I don’t want anything to change in this country. The rest of you might have a different risk profile."

I bet that today's shooting in florida which involved an AR15 isn't going to look too good for us gun owners in New Jersey.

5 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

I bet that today's shooting in florida which involved an AR15 isn't going to look too good for us gun owners in New Jersey.

What are they going to do that wasn’t already on their list?  Make all guns illegaler?

31 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Again, the Ar15 platform is the most popular rifle sold today with 15 million in our country! It should be expected that this would turn up at most shootings! Couple that with the fact that the AR15 is what ALL police departments use. You see them everyday on the news. They are popular!

We need to stop blaming the inanimate object used in a crime and start blaming the criminal that committed the crime! Almost every mass shooter was mentally ill and many around them knew they had guns and often threatened on social media that they planned to kill! It seems the government chooses to ignore these signs and instead allow these acts to happen to further cement their anti gun agenda!

Confiscate, confiscate, confiscate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

What are they going to do that wasn’t already on their list?  Make all guns illegaler?

32 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Again, the Ar15 platform is the most popular rifle sold today with 15 million in our country! It should be expected that this would turn up at most shootings! Couple that with the fact that the AR15 is what ALL police departments use. You see them everyday on the news. They are popular!

We need to stop blaming the inanimate object used in a crime and start blaming the criminal that committed the crime! Almost every mass shooter was mentally ill and many around them knew they had guns and often threatened on social media that they planned to kill! It seems the government chooses to ignore these signs and instead allow these acts to happen to further cement their anti gun agenda!

you are preaching to the choir on this one, but after Sandy Hook we almost got the axe on AR's and thankfully christie was on our side, this time not so much.

However it is not that common in shootings, 97% of shootings in this country are from handguns, but that doesn't fit libtards agenda.

13 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

And yet I'm hearing the politicians and talking heads on CNN and MSNBC yammering about how we need to ban "assault weapons" and other "weapons of war that have no place on our streets."  

6 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

and yet the ar15 is not an assault weapon. nor is it a weapon of war.

But it looks just like one so that's enough to convince the antis. It is also not helping our case when sick idiots keep using the AR platform in mass shootings!

25 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

But it looks just like one so that's enough to convince the antis. It is also not helping our case when sick idiots keep using the AR platform in mass shootings!

no, it doesn't. but then.....we shouldn't be having to defend ourselves when these window lickers do this crap.

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

no, it doesn't. but then.....we shouldn't be having to defend ourselves when these window lickers do this crap.

Let's not kid ourselves. The MSM has seen to it that any shooting with an AR or AK is front page news! The easy way to prevent future shootings is to outright ban the use, sale and possession of either platform by civilians. This to them is the answer! Only problem is with 15 million ARs alone in civilian hands, not everyone will comply. I you are a kook who is hell bent on killing a bunch of people, you will always be able to get one. It will just be harder! There are many other guns out there that the killer could have used almost or just as effectively!

The real problem is the AR would have been no deadlier in this situation as any gun would have been. The lone armed shooter could have done just as much damage with a bolt action or lever action.