Sign in to follow this  
BobA

Why would a guy named Taylor invent Pork Roll?

8 hours ago, Donobieus said:

Taylor is the brand name.....Pork roll is the product.  Nobody calls Hot dogs "Ball Parks".  Its a stupid argument that people in North Jersey seem determined to fight to the death....and its sad.

Yes and most people call them bandages "Band Aids"  which is a brand name ...Same scenario. Or just about all "cola" is called "Coke"  etc.  I agree its a stupid argument but to me it seems weird that if someone insists on calling it "pork roll" ... they get offended when people call it "taylor ham"... yet the Taylor ham folks dont give a crap what you call it as long as ya like eating it.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 7:39 AM, Lakota said:

Yes and most people call them bandages "Band Aids"  which is a brand name ...Same scenario. Or just about all "cola" is called "Coke"  etc.  I agree its a stupid argument but to me it seems weird that if someone insists on calling it "pork roll" ... they get offended when people call it "taylor ham"... yet the Taylor ham folks dont give a crap what you call it as long as ya like eating it.

I don't think anyone is actually getting offended.  

To play devil's advocate, I think the brand name analogy isn't quite right.  It's not that Taylor Ham is a type of pork roll and people call them different things.  The Taylor company was forced to stop calling it ham because of what could legally be called ham at the time.  

But in defense of your argument.  People still call Kraft singles cheese, when it's a "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product."

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 10:51 AM, W2MC said:

Next we'll be arguing "hoagies" vs. "subs".....

SUBs............

45 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

Next someone is going say they use a different name for sprinkles............

Yea - Jimmies................

• Like 1