Sign in to follow this  
Sota

Stop the Bleed seminar...

Posting for a friend of mine.

@TGS will be teaching and I'll be hosting another Stop the Bleed Seminar.

Here's the Eventbrite link.

It's totally free other than a suggested donation of ~$50. I'll be rounding up a larger check to our local Volunteer First Aid Squad.

Here are the details for anyone in the tri-state area of NJ.

DATE AND TIME
Sat, February 24, 2018

3:00 PM – 7:00 PM EST

Add to Calendar

99 Industrial Road

Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922

View Map

DESCRIPTION
The seminar will cover the MARCH treatment algorithm and the top causes of preventable death in a combat/terrorism/active shooter type situation. This will include penetrating injuries such as GSWs, knife wounds, and secondary blast effects from explosives.

The seminar will be taught by a federal agent, EMT and former EMS Chief, graduate of multiple tactical medical programs and instructor certifications in active shooter response tactics, response to terrorist bombings, and experience coordinating medical response to large scale national special security events.

Although this is a free class, *DONATIONS* will be collected and then a check will be written by WTD to the Berkeley Heights Volunteer Rescue Squad.

NOTE: Students will be awarded a "Bleeding Control Basics v1.0" certificate from the American College of Surgeons upon completion of the course.

I've taken this class... it's enlightening.

12 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Are there still openings? Sounds like something id love to learn about, especially for a donation of 50 bucks!

Will the donation be tax deductible? :p

contact the event organizer from the link on the eventbrite page if you have any questions. :)