gfl216

Magazine limits

I know that this is something that most of you probably don't want to talk about but I was asked by a friend and I didn't have an answer so, I figured I'd ask. If Murphy gets his way and reduces the legal magazine limit to 10 rounds, do you think that it would be cheaper to block the magazines you have (Glock) or sell them out of state and buy 10 round mags?

2 hours ago, gfl216 said:

I know that this is something that most of you probably don't want to talk about but I was asked by a friend and I didn't have an answer so, I figured I'd ask. If Murphy gets his way and reduces the legal magazine limit to 10 rounds, do you think that it would be cheaper to block the magazines you have (Glock) or sell them out of state and buy 10 round mags?

Keep them at home..... and buy a few 10 rounders for the range.... done

• Like 7

9 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

Keep them at home..... and buy a few 10 rounders for the range.... done

I personally wouldn't go this route, while I believe that you should be able to own any magazine (or gun for that matter) that you want, it's not worth it to me to risk being arrested over something that I can't use and have to keep at home.

It is a personal decision....

But I see no scenario where I can be arrested for having the magazines in my house. They would need a warrant to search, and for what reason would they get such warrant?

And as far as a HD scenario..... I would have NO issue facing the charges for the 15rd mags if it meant saving my and/or my wife's life....  I seriously doubt the prosecutor would  follow through on the charges on a clean HD shoot.... 

• Like 1

Keep them... I bought them legally, they get nada! 

As I said before. 

My Rules:

Want my shit? Fine...you can have it.

- I want MSRP at time of purchase for everything you want plus 10% for my trouble.
- I will take money, move, (which I am already), and re-purchase un-demented, un-retarded, un-butchered new guns as they are meant to be.

So essentially? If not? I extend the American wave.... :FLIPA:

• Like 1

Are RO's going to round check mags to see if they are 10/30 or 15/30?  No.

I purchased them legally.  The law is supremely stupid and will likely be struck down in court (since a lot of people will have been "harmed" by it) especially seeing how NY's mag ban got struck down for being arbitrary.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

I purchased them legally.  The law is supremely stupid and will likely be struck down in court (since a lot of people will have been "harmed" by it) especially seeing how NY's mag ban got struck down for being arbitrary.

Don't be so naive about that.  I remember at Range 14 there was a RO going around with a stick to check mag limits on AR mags.  I've gotten questioned about my mags before.  

• Like 1

Just now, Krdshrk said:

Don't be so naive about that.  I remember at Range 14 there was a RO going around with a stick to check mag limits on AR mags.  I've gotten questioned about my mags before.  

Another reason I won't be going to Range 14.

I've never been questioned about mine.  Owned them for years and they're all /30's

do it yourself. there's companies that make blocks. online. i think they sell em cheap. put the block in yourself, and pin or epoxy the mag, and you're done.

that said......bhunted. you're being too lenient with only +10%.

Maybe so, but 10% of my guns worth is a small fortune. I don’t buy cheap guns most of the time.
[emoji6][emoji481]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

they might...especially if there is some liability on the range's part wether they knew or not. also you can assume you're being filmed......

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/

The Glock ones glue on the bottom of the follower then glue the basepad on so all the mud ruins your gun. The AR ones replace the base pad retainer then glue on your basepad so the mud and sand can ruin that gun too. Before you glue the basepad on you should load it up to your desired round count and make sure it seats on a closed slide/bolt. Ideally you want it to go 3/4 of getting the next round in the mag meaning if it's a 10 round mag you want it to hold 10 and 3/4 rounds. You have to trim all the blocks to get it there. Just do a little trim at a time or you will over do it then your mag will hold 11 and then you will go to the federal pound you in the ass penitentiary for ever!!! Because you know, the cops come to our houses everyday and check out mags.

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Don't go to Government ranges.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

It is a personal decision....

But I see no scenario where I can be arrested for having the magazines in my house. They would need a warrant to search, and for what reason would they get such warrant?

And as far as a HD scenario..... I would have NO issue facing the charges for the 15rd mags if it meant saving my and/or my wife's life....  I seriously doubt the prosecutor would  follow through on the charges on a clean HD shoot.... 

It's when your home catches fire, is burglarized, someone files a TRO, etc. They're not coming door to door, but **** happens. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

CONSTRUCTIVE INTENT

Actually, "constructive intent" is written in NJ law under the "assault weapon" part of chapter 54 (administrative code).

A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts from which an assault firearm may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

IMHO, there is no law addressing "constructive intent" of magazines.

Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container, which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly here from into a semi-automatic firearm. A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine.

• Like 2

The problem is, all of my 15/30 round mags were permanently blocked by a glued or welded floor plate. If I were to try to disassemble them, I would destroy them!

If they are going to ban 15 round mags, might as well take a trip over the bridge and load up on 30s and disassemble them before returning to the PRNJ. As I see it, constructive intent applies to the weapon and not to the magazines. If the Feds get stupid one day and ban the manufacture and sale of 30 round magazines but grandfather what you had pre-ban,  at least you have some!

• Like 2

There are PUSSIES & there are PATRIOTS on this thread!  I count myself in the PATRIOTS column :) 

I've been doing this so long I don't even know what I have or where it is.  Every-so-often it's like Christmas over here, lol!

• Like 3