gfl216

Magazine limits

19 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Any chance APRCNJ can push for a buy back? Because seriously, modified P-Mags cost anywhere from $20-50 each (depending in which platform you use), handgun mags aren’t cheap especially if you own something that uses proprietary mags like a Sig ($40 each) this won’t be cheap for any of us to make neccessary changes.

There is no proof our current 15 round limit is dangerous, and no proof reducing to 10 rounds will make us any safer. They want us to do what they feel, then we feel like they better pony up the cash to make us compliant.

how can they buy them back? do you want the companies you bought them from to buy them back from ya?

7 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

15 to 10 round......It's only another step towards complete confiscation....the Fla. shooter didn't use Hi-Cap. Mags....They disarm us, They own us.

yea, they only talked about low capacity and standard capacity mags.

2 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

Looks like it passed.....

https://legiscan.com/NJ/bill/A2761/2018

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

To be clear, it's been passed on to the next committee, correct? Still not law. I do hope though that ANJRPC is drafting the lawsuit as we speak so it can be filed the moment this becomes law.

• Like 2

To be clear, it's been passed on to the next committee, correct? Still not law. I do hope though that ANJRPC is drafting the lawsuit as we speak so it can be filed the moment this becomes law.
As far as I know you are correct

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

NJ is staging it's anti 2A laws as we speak...errr  type, but they will be holding most of them until after congress decides on what they will do.

Thank you for pointing this out, people need to stop saying things like “it passed” when it isn’t law until murphy signs it, the game of telephone needs to stop when it comes to gun laws in this state.

I believe aprcnj already has filed these suits, as they did for the carry permit law that isn’t even in place yet

yea, they only talked about low capacity and standard capacity mags.

A standard dollar amount would be a good start. $20 per rifle magazine & $10 per handgun mag. Even if it’s not a full reimbursement every bit helps if they expect people to turn in millions of dollars worth of magazines. That or police will just look the other way when millions of magazines aren’t turned in.

Thank you for pointing this out, people need to stop saying things like “it passed” when it isn’t law until murphy signs it, the game of telephone needs to stop when it comes to gun laws in this state.

I believe aprcnj already has filed these suits, as they did for the carry permit law that isn’t even in place yet
I dont recall any body saying it was a law

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

15 to 10 round......It's only another step towards complete confiscation....the Fla. shooter didn't use Hi-Cap. Mags....They disarm us, They own us.

Agreed.  A magazine limit would make (a little) more sense if there were not one already in place.  First they told us 15 rounds were enough, now it's going to be ten.  How much longer will it be until it's 5, 3, 1, 0?

As I said in another thread, magazine limits make sense to them because they only look at guns as tools of evil.

People use guns for self defense every day, but our brilliant legislators want to set limits on our ability to defend ourselves based on something that has never happened in this state.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

I dont recall any body saying it was a law

no, you said "Looks like it passed....." which can imply a lot of things, and sadly there are a lot of people in New Jersey who don't actually know the firearm laws here, gun owners included and just assume things because nothing is really clear unless you take the time to read through what is and isn't the laws. There is another forum I go on for cars, and we have a gun thread in an off topic forum and there is a fellow new jerseyan who likes shooting guns on there but isn't aware of the laws in this state and spouts off BS like "New laws say you're not gonna have an AR anymore!" which if he read the laws he would know that's not true. 

I also said this in another thread the other day, there are people who lurk on this forum but don't actually participate and likely don't bother to click links as well. Say they're reading this thread where we are talking about proposed legislation on reducing mag capacity size and they see your post saying "Looks like it passed...." and don't bother to click the link, they may assume it's already a law, and further spreading misinformation. So, please don't do that. I know I'm coming across as a dick right now but I really don't care. This state has a lot of unnecessary and redundant gun laws which aren't very clear or easy to understand for most people and they spread misinformation, don't be one of them.

31 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Agreed.  A magazine limit would make (a little) more sense if there were not one already in place.  First they told us 15 rounds were enough, now it's going to be ten.  How much longer will it be until it's 5, 3, 1, 0?

As I said in another thread, magazine limits make sense to them because they only look at guns as tools of evil.

People use guns for self defense every day, but our brilliant legislators want to set limits on our ability to defend ourselves based on something that has never happened in this state.  

because their goal is to .....Own Us.

no, you said "Looks like it passed....." which can imply a lot of things, and sadly there are a lot of people in New Jersey who don't actually know the firearm laws here, gun owners included and just assume things because nothing is really clear unless you take the time to read through what is and isn't the laws. There is another forum I go on for cars, and we have a gun thread in an off topic forum and there is a fellow new jerseyan who likes shooting guns on there but isn't aware of the laws in this state and spouts off BS like "New laws say you're not gonna have an AR anymore!" which if he read the laws he would know that's not true. 
I also said this in another thread the other day, there are people who lurk on this forum but don't actually participate and likely don't bother to click links as well. Say they're reading this thread where we are talking about proposed legislation on reducing mag capacity size and they see your post saying "Looks like it passed...." and don't bother to click the link, they may assume it's already a law, and further spreading misinformation. So, please don't do that. I know I'm coming across as a dick right now but I really don't care. This state has a lot of unnecessary and redundant gun laws which aren't very clear or easy to understand for most people and they spread misinformation, don't be one of them.
Youre not comimg across as a dick. Its a shame things have to be dumbed down for people who refuse to educate themselves. Even if I said it passed the Assembly Juciciary committee it would be misunderstood. BTW...thank you for your service.

Youre not comimg across as a dick. Its a shame things have to be dumbed down for people who refuse to educate themselves. Even if I said it passed the Assembly Juciciary committee it would be misunderstood. BTW...thank you for your service.

Thank you, it really is honestly. This state sucks, but moving to another state for better gun laws just isn’t logical for most of us. I considered moving to New Hampshire or Maine because I can work from just about anywhere for my job, but property taxes are high in NH, vehicle registration is very high in both states (look up their vehicle tax) & all the other fees associated with registering a vehicle. I would consider PA too but same thing, lots of other benefits PA doesn’t receive that NJ residents do that don’t outweigh better gun laws.

Thank you, it really is honestly. This state sucks, but moving to another state for better gun laws just isn’t logical for most of us. I considered moving to New Hampshire or Maine because I can work from just about anywhere for my job, but property taxes are high in NH, vehicle registration is very high in both states (look up their vehicle tax) & all the other fees associated with registering a vehicle. I would consider PA too but same thing, lots of other benefits PA doesn’t receive that NJ residents do that don’t outweigh better gun laws.
The wife and I have talked about leaving also. The mere fact that discussing moving out of N.J. just to exercise our rights and be treated fairly is disgusting.

I do have a friend who moved from Massachusetts to Maine for that reason, but he also grew up in that northeast corner of Mass and frequently lived between NH, ME and MA his whole life. for myself moving to NH would be most practical if that's my sole motivation, I have plenty of family around greater boston from Rhode Island all the way up to NH. Portsmouth is a nice little city.

I do have a friend who moved from Massachusetts to Maine for that reason, but he also grew up in that northeast corner of Mass and frequently lived between NH, ME and MA his whole life. for myself moving to NH would be most practical if that's my sole motivation, I have plenty of family around greater boston from Rhode Island all the way up to NH. Portsmouth is a nice little city.
I guess were getting a bit off topic but arent ME and NH open carry states?

2 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

The wife and I have talked about leaving also. The mere fact that discussing moving out of N.J. just to exercise our rights and be treated fairly is disgusting.

Absolutely right!  SCOTUS ruled that since gay marriage, which is not mentioned at all in the Constitution, is allowed in some states, it must be allowed in all, to be consistent with equal protection under the law; yet some states, like NJ, can systematically deprive their citizens of the natural-born, Constitutionally protected, right to self-defense.  

• Like 1

I guess were getting a bit off topic but arent ME and NH open carry states?

Open and constitutional carry with no permit required. You can even carry in NH & ME with no permit as an NJ resident and they really don’t care.

On 3/6/2018 at 0:28 PM, JR88USMC said:

Yes, it is. And NH was my #1 choice to escape this insanity. I just don't think they'll be able to keep their shit in a sock for the next 30 years. So I'll be looking South.

40 minutes ago, WP22 said:

Yes, it is. And NH was my #1 choice to escape this insanity. I just don't think they'll be able to keep their shit in a sock for the next 30 years. So I'll be looking South.

After this last damn snowfall, I too, will be looking south.

On 3/6/2018 at 0:18 PM, JR88USMC said:

Which benefits are you referring to?  I just moved to New Jersey and I would move back to Pennsylvania in a heartbeat.  I have worked in New Jersey for many years, but was willing to make a long communte to stay in Pennsylvania.  Just curious...

Bigger thing for most of us is what you just said, the commute. If I worked in say Trenton or Princeton, I would move to Bucks County, but I don't. I work in Hudson County, I'm 30 minutes from Easton, that extra 30 minutes added to my commute to live in easton, or maybe more depending where you live in Lehigh Valley just wasn't worth a lower cost of living to me. I used to work with a guy who did commute from Dingmans Ferry area to Hudson County, crazy.

no, you said "Looks like it passed....." which can imply a lot of things, and sadly there are a lot of people in New Jersey who don't actually know the firearm laws here, gun owners included and just assume things because nothing is really clear unless you take the time to read through what is and isn't the laws. There is another forum I go on for cars, and we have a gun thread in an off topic forum and there is a fellow new jerseyan who likes shooting guns on there but isn't aware of the laws in this state and spouts off BS like "New laws say you're not gonna have an AR anymore!" which if he read the laws he would know that's not true.  I also said this in another thread the other day, there are people who lurk on this forum but don't actually participate and likely don't bother to click links as well. Say they're reading this thread where we are talking about proposed legislation on reducing mag capacity size and they see your post saying "Looks like it passed...." and don't bother to click the link, they may assume it's already a law, and further spreading misinformation. So, please don't do that. I know I'm coming across as a dick right now but I really don't care. This state has a lot of unnecessary and redundant gun laws which aren't very clear or easy to understand for most people and they spread misinformation, don't be one of them.  

But new proposed bill that passed the assembly will make ARs illegal. At least anything that resembles an AR. I don't consider those NY Alien rifles an AR.  There are still multiple steps left before any of the bills become law and that hopefully includes overcoming an injunction from a Federal Judge.   

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I didn't see that as part of the proposed legislation? Only Magazine Capacity, "armor piercing" ammunition and CCW rewording from impossible to completely impossible.

But new proposed bill that passed the assembly makes ARs illegal. At least anything that resembles an AR. I don't consider those NY Alien rifles an AR.  There are still multiple steps left before any of the bills become law and that hopefully includes overcoming an injection from a Federal Judge.  

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here are the bills in question as far as I know....they are not law yet. Still have to pass the Assembly Apprpriations commitee then after that I am honestly not sure. You can track these proposals here.....

https://legiscan.com39c33baf2e0f76a59053f5bdff699841.jpg

• Like 1