GunsnFreedom

Parsippany Middle School Locked Down

A student found a bulletin today at Brooklawn Middle School in Parsippany.  The school was locked down and kids were sent home later.  What the hell?  It’s so strange.

https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/morris-county/2018/02/16/parsippanys-brooklawn-middle-school-lockdown-after-student-finds-bullet/346525002/

6 minutes ago, sota said:

I'm waiting for the kid to accidentally take a spent case to school, after a day out shooting with dad.

When my wife told me I asked her if it was live ammo or an empty case.  She looked at me like it was the dumbest question in the world.  I still don’t know the answer.

• Like 1

When I was far younger and dumber, I'd gone past the police range in my town and found a spent 9mm or .40 casing and brought it into school. Teacher saw it and I got a "don't bring that in again" lecture for a few seconds. That was the end of it.

Then again, I also used a knife in school in front of the vice principal and a cop without them even saying a thing.

This was back in the good old days...

The distant-past, long-forgotten years of ~1996 and ~1998/9?

I also had a spent casing in a jacket pocket I wore to jury duty, which I didn't even notice until I was leaving the courthouse. It somehow managed to go into a pocket, then into the finger of a glove. That probably would have been an awkward conversation with the court officers.

...Apparently me and spent casings are a bad mix.

6 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Back in middle school we all.had to bring in a leaf from home. One kid brought in a pot leaf. I'm sure that was an interesting afternoon for his parents

When I was in grammar school we had a “what does your parent do” thing. One girl in the class proudly stated “my daddy sells Basil”. 

• Like 1

I had .22 rounds in my pocket lots of times at school.  I spent a lot of time shooting back behind the barn and filled my jacket pockets with bullets before I would go out.  If I didn't shoot everything I had with me, it stayed in my jacket pockets.

If my teachers or the administration had found them, they would have asked me what kind of gun I was shooting and that would have been the end of it.  It was just such a non-issue down here in rural NJ. 

Oh, we carried pocket knives every day too.  Nobody ever got shot or stabbed.