Lambo2936

Help sighting in a 4x16 M223 sight

Hey folks. Took my rifle to the range last month and the thing came mounted lop sided without me realizing it so i fixed it and took it back today.. bought from a user on here 2nd hand..

Anyhow, the POI was way right and a bit low. Adjusted up but maxed out on adjustment left to right and POI is still like 4 or 5 inches right of POA at only 25 yards... everything is mounted properly and straight.... not sure what im doing wrong or if maybe the sight is busted? I didnt get a chance until now to check it so i hope i wont eat **** with it now.

Anyone more familiar with these that can chime in? Dont see any other issues with it, POI was consistant just hitting way off to the right with it adjusted left as much as it will let... 

JT whats your #??

Silverado, no idea.

Went to sight it in and hit max adjustment. Its off that much at 25 and would therefore be even worse at 100. I obviously intended to sight it in further down but started at 25 so id be on paper. Not familiar with sighting in scopes, everything else ive used has been eotechs, acogs etc.

How I check factory zero is i stand my scope up on a mirror,  I look into it and you should only see one set of cross hairs. If you see two cross hairs make the proper adjustments windage and elevation  till you only see one. Its really easy.   

• Like 1

Guess my last post didnt go thru.

I know how to sight in a sight, i just physically can not turn the knob enough to match my poa with my poi. Was just wondering if theres some adjustment im missing here. Like i said im unfamiliar with these. It has the easy to turn knobs not the ones where you remove a cap and then use a coin or screw driver like my acogs... if that makes sense. Maybe im doing it wrong and those knobs are only to adjust for windage and crap? Am i supposed to take the knobs off? I even tried turning it way back in the other direction (a few full turns) which threw it off a few feet to the right because i wasnt on the cardboard target at 25 when i aimed to the left edge of it.

Pretty sure its mounted correctly. Everything looks nice and straight.  No need for laser bore sight, i got it fairly close i just couldnt adjust any more. I am likely making a mistake hence my post. If i was certain it was the sight id be hitting up the guy i bought it from or manufacturer or something.