We have touched on some of these issues in other threads, but I want to make sure I have this straight.  Do I understand correctly that the dreaded AR-15 is no different from any other semiautomatic rifle chambered in .223/5.56 (like the Ruger Mini 14), except that it has features that give it a scary, military appearance?

If that's true, then when there is a clamor to ban these "weapons of war that have no place on our streets, whose only purpose is to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible," why does no one point out the obvious that I stated above?  I'm sure all of us often hear people we know saying, "I support the Second Amendment, but no one needs to own an assault weapon."  Shouldn't we be running all kinds of public service announcements to make the public aware that they are being duped by our politicians and the mainstream media?  

I guess the danger in that strategy is that we then may push them to ban all SA weapons; however, I think that would be a much heavier lift for the anti-gun brigade.

Or should we just keep quiet, let them ban "assault weapon," and quietly acquire items like the Mini 14 and Mini 30?  

If you think that no one points out that ARs are no different than any other .223 or even any other semi auto then you haven’t been paying attention. The point is gun grabbers don’t care. They target whatever they think they can get rid of and then win or lose will turn their attention to the next firearm until they are all gone.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

If you think that no one points out that ARs are no different than any other .223 or even any other semi auto then you haven’t been paying attention. The point is gun grabbers don’t care. They target whatever they think they can get rid of and then win or lose will turn their attention to the next firearm until they are all gone.

Exactly. The AR-15 is the low hanging fruit. You also have an entire country that doesn’t remember, or chooses not to remember, that civilians could buy full auto M16s back in the early to mid 80s. There was a waiting period, background check and tax stamp, but that was it AFAIK. Thank NRA for that one. 

2 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

We have touched on some of these issues in other threads, but I want to make sure I have this straight.  Do I understand correctly that the dreaded AR-15 is no different from any other semiautomatic rifle chambered in .223/5.56 (like the Ruger Mini 14), except that it has features that give it a scary, military appearance?

If that's true, then when there is a clamor to ban these "weapons of war that have no place on our streets, whose only purpose is to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible," why does no one point out the obvious that I stated above?  I'm sure all of us often hear people we know saying, "I support the Second Amendment, but no one needs to own an assault weapon."  Shouldn't we be running all kinds of public service announcements to make the public aware that they are being duped by our politicians and the mainstream media?  

I guess the danger in that strategy is that we then may push them to ban all SA weapons; however, I think that would be a much heavier lift for the anti-gun brigade.

Or should we just keep quiet, let them ban "assault weapon," and quietly acquire items like the Mini 14 and Mini 30?  

I created separate FB account and I educate as many people as I can. But I noticed some republican politicians (of NJ) rally behind "assault weapons", knowing very well what that means. Their strategy could be to "just go along with the idiots". 

Most on the left also know what "assault weapon" really means. They continue to sing that song with "hope" that they get to ban ALL semi-auto when push comes to shove. 

I strongly encourage every member here to create a separate FB account, go out there and say what you got to say. Without that, most of the social media has become echo chamber for Gun Control Groups and a great disservice to people who die at the hands of criminals. 

Dont forget to bring up FBI UCR stats, CDC Drug stats and how school shootings actually went up since then 1990 gun free zone laws went into effect.

The Ruger mini 14 is on the list of weapons the Democrats propose. What gets me is they know what gun is what yet the will ban everything they can. 2 of my 22Lr's will be included in this ban as it doesn't state only 5.56/223, it is any gun that looks like the So Called AR-15.

Understand this....

They want every rifle out of the hands of civilians.  Then every shottie then every handgun.

They need rifles gone first before they move by force to grab the others.

We're rifle..semi bolt pump and lever..

An effective resistance needs rifles....they know this. .....

Do not kid yourself. ....it's coming.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Understand this....

They want every rifle out of the hands of civilians.  Then every shottie then every handgun.

They need rifles gone first before they move by force to grab the others.

We're rifle..semi bolt pump and lever..

An effective resistance needs rifles....they know this. .....

Do not kid yourself. ....it's coming.

I personally think they hate AR15 platform (and likes) because its modular, interchangeable, simple, easy maintenance. They start there and they will come after EVERYTHING, no matter how much of "we are not after your guns" song they sing. They are wolves in sheep cloths. 

• Like 1

The banners know damn well what they're doing- taking all guns over time. They already have been trying institute a handgun ban via the Smart Gun law. Now they're putting all SA's in play too. Time is on their side, but just look how short of a time span it took to take a made up term "assault weapon" and make it the most fearful evil menace that our society now faces. 

I created separate FB account and I educate as many people as I can. But I noticed some republican politicians (of NJ) rally behind "assault weapons", knowing very well what that means. Their strategy could be to "just go along with the idiots". 
Most on the left also know what "assault weapon" really means. They continue to sing that song with "hope" that they get to ban ALL semi-auto when push comes to shove. 
I strongly encourage every member here to create a separate FB account, go out there and say what you got to say. Without that, most of the social media has become echo chamber for Gun Control Groups and a great disservice to people who die at the hands of criminals. 
Dont forget to bring up FBI UCR stats, CDC Drug stats and how school shootings actually went up since then 1990 gun free zone laws went into effect.

I agree and I spent a couple days trying to educate the morons on Facebook, but what is the reason for the separate account? I was happy to see who the communists were that were part of my friends list. I had at least 30 "de-friend" me. I rarely use Facebook, but I am still happy to have them out of my circle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I agree and I spent a couple days trying to educate the morons on Facebook, but what is the reason for the separate account? I was happy to see who the communists were that were part of my friends list. I had at least 30 "de-friend" me. I rarely use Facebook, but I am still happy to have them out of my circle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because snowflakes are so deranged that they actually make up "threats" and get you banned from groups for speaking facts.  Some admins who are rabid anti go along with those plans. And I get back in :-)

I don't consider anyone to be my real friends on FB. My real friends are the one I meet in person in physical world. I dont even "friend" my family on FB, too much. 

Oh, its fun watching snowflakes try to pick on my FaceBook Gender and try to argue I am not who I say I am. Its the same snowflakes who have no problem with idiots waking up a morning with different identity. 

Because snowflakes are so deranged that they actually make up "threats" and get you banned from groups for speaking facts.  Some admins who are rabid anti go along with those plans. And I get back in :-)
I don't consider anyone to be my real friends on FB. My real friends are the one I meet in person in physical world. I dont even "friend" my family on FB, too much. 
Oh, its fun watching snowflakes try to pick on my FaceBook Gender and try to argue I am not who I say I am. Its the same snowflakes who have no problem with idiots waking up a morning with different identity. 

I haven't really figured out the groups part yet, but that makes sense. I belong to some, but honestly I can't figure out how to get to them on a regular basis. Only time I see what groups I am part of is when they pop up on my feed. I also still haven't figured out why some things pop up over and over and others I rarely see. Maybe Instagram is more for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk