45Doll

Trump Announces Support For Bump Stock Ban

On 3/1/2018 at 6:28 AM, TripleD said:

An honest question, aside from the whole political "don't give an inch" aspect, why should civilians be able to legally purchase something that, essentially, turns a semiautomatic weapon into an automatic weapon? It seems like the cons outweigh whatever pros exist for bump stocks. I'm not looking for a fight/argument.  This is just a reasonable, honest question by someone who owns multiple guns.  I'm not the enemy. I'm just trying to understand why something that allows a gun to fire at that rate, by just holding down the trigger, should be legal when automatic weapons are illegal. Thanks in advance for respectful responses.

It baffling to me why I can’t buy a G36 or vintage M60.  If a lunatic was hell bent on causing harm to a large number of people in a confined space for example, the evil lunatic would do more damage with a Ford F150 than an H&K G36. 

Allowing a slow rate of fire prevents the evil lunatic from carrying out his murderous deed?

Trying to play whack-a-mole by banning tool x y or z is pointless.  Address the real problem.  The evil people that do this crap. 

It baffling to me why I can’t buy a G36 or vintage M60.  If a lunatic was hell bent on causing harm to a large number of people in a confined space for example, the evil lunatic would do more damage with a Ford F150 than an H&K G36. 
Allowing a slow rate of fire prevents the evil lunatic from carrying out his murderous deed?
Trying to play whack-a-mole by banning tool x y or z is pointless.  Address the real problem.  The evil people that do this crap. 
I agree they would at least exempt C&R Machine Guns from NFA. At least they would be more affordable. How many lunatics would even know how to operate a MG34?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk