Mrs. Peel

The Governor's Ongoing Rhetoric...

I'm posting this on an open forum so more can see it... so mind your language, pls! ;)

Well, he's really getting the PR machine rolling about his gun agenda... here's the latest. Just out today on Politico:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/20/governor-phil-murphy-gun-control-new-jersey-interview-217029

Well, we all knew this day was coming! I say we push to repeal the NFA and demand open carry in NJ immediately! After all...It is my God given right as a Fudd!:) To heck with trying to keep what we have now. BUMP STOCKS FOR ALL! Sarc/off!

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Sounds like he’s already campaigning for 2020..

Not a friggin chance! (friggin is not a bad word) Murphy will make enemies on both sides with his extreme liberalism to the point where the next Governor WILL be a Republican! Mark my words!

"Murphy is pushing forward with the gun laws he promised as a candidate, though Sweeney, even as he supports the laws, says he worries that the problem Trenton can’t solve is how to enforce them."

Be concerned about the potential new laws making felons overnight of otherwise law abiding citizens.

Be VERY CONCERNED  - *IF*, they figure out how to enforce them.

No one in NY and CT has gone door to door yet - and I used to be of the minds that they won't - BUT he is so far left, Murphy may just push to do just that.  THEN AND REALLY THEN, do you have a massive beyond comparison problem.  

It's just amazing to me that he is pushing for laws that will be completely ineffective.  These politicians should be looking inward at the electronic infrastructure that allows/disallows people to purchase firearms.  The FBI should be stepping up and saying "We made another grave error and we need to fix the NICS system right now."  But we, on this board and others, know that that isn't going to happen.  

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if any of the firearms rights groups wants to REALLY do something, they should have a political wing that brings up grass roots candidates into the statewide spotlight.  That's what I think we need and I would give what little money I have to a group like that.   However, so far, it's not something I see happening.  

58 minutes ago, Bully said:

It's just amazing to me that he is pushing for laws that will be completely ineffective.  These politicians should be looking inward at the electronic infrastructure that allows/disallows people to purchase firearms.  The FBI should be stepping up and saying "We made another grave error and we need to fix the NICS system right now."  But we, on this board and others, know that that isn't going to happen. 

Well.... "ineffective" in solving the problem(s) they purport the laws will solve...  crime.  But they *will* be effective in solving their underlying agenda... "disarming the law abiding public."  

As for NICS, any efforts to fix it must include a full "due process" treatment that will remove items that prohibit a person from firearms ownership as quickly as they are added. This, in the event they are added in error, or the person has met all the obligations for their removal (if possible). Any items added to the NICS system can only be done after that due process action (i.e. a court order, after a full hearing where the defendant has the opportunity to mount a defense).

What is any of this going to do in New Jersey? What I would like to see from the NRA, ARPCNJ and any other organization fighting for gun rights in this state, is to use what's in place to our advantage rather that to make extreme changes. We already have an FID system in place in this state, hate it or not, this can be our biggest leg to stand on. To be a gun owner in this state, you need to vet yourself legally & medically in this state before you can buy a gun. It's a big enough of an obstacle to climb that whatever your reason for wanting a gun is, that you can't climb over that obstacle without thought, rather you need to carefully and safely find a way to climb over that obstacle or you walk away. With that being said, why are the people of NJ who have carefully and safely climbed that obstacle being punished as a result of something that didn't happen in this state, and wouldn't have happened in this state?

With that being said, our Argument can be why should legal and responsible gun owners (99.999999% of FID holders in New Jersey) be punished? Group punishment doesn't work, and rather than throw even more overly redundant laws at us, allow us to own non-NFA weapons unconditionally. Require to show an FID to buy standard capacity mags, take the stupid laws off the "scary features" of a rifle. Allow us to carry if we apply for it, there is no reason to deny our rights if we have proven that we are responsible gun owners. This should be our Rhetoric and using what's already in place to our advantage. Politicians solution of banning things isn't the answer to keeping guns out of the hands of the wrong people.

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

"Murphy is pushing forward with the gun laws he promised as a candidate, though Sweeney, even as he supports the laws, says he worries that the problem Trenton can’t solve is how to enforce them."

Be concerned about the potential new laws making felons overnight of otherwise law abiding citizens.

Be VERY CONCERNED  - *IF*, they figure out how to enforce them.

No one in NY and CT has gone door to door yet - and I used to be of the minds that they won't - BUT he is so far left, Murphy may just push to do just that.  THEN AND REALLY THEN, do you have a massive beyond comparison problem.  

as i've said before.....door to door is much much easier than most on here will admit.

1 hour ago, Bully said:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if any of the firearms rights groups wants to REALLY do something, they should have a political wing that brings up grass roots candidates into the statewide spotlight.  That's what I think we need and I would give what little money I have to a group like that.   However, so far, it's not something I see happening.  

The FBI director issued a statement saying they absolutely screwed up the Cruz situation.  Rick Scott made a public call out for him to resign.  This isn’t the first FBI screw up and in the end the only people who lose something is legal, law abiding gun owners.

honestly the FBI has very little to do with firearms traffic in this country. When this kid left that comment on youtube, the guy who reported him should have reported that to Youtube themselves, they would have his IP and reported it to local authorities. FBI only handles things that are a national security threat like organized crime and terrorism, not a local matter. All the FBI does in this country is set the standards for NICS which are then administered on a state level, and keeps a massive archive of 4473 forms.

54 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

as i've said before.....door to door is much much easier than most on here will admit.

It' not easy but it can be done. .....  and there has to be the will to do it.

it could be the best thing.....  but then again scotus.....  eh whatever. ....  gonna be what it's gonna be.

Too.much time and angst being spent on it ......  let me know when the shooting starts....lol

if i were the chief of my town.....just how hard would it be for me to assign say 3 officers to door to door detail? they already know who we all are. they've got all our information on file. smith....you take sector 1. jones you take sector 2. billybob....you take sector 3.

it really is that easy.

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

honestly the FBI has very little to do with firearms traffic in this country. When this kid left that comment on youtube, the guy who reported him should have reported that to Youtube themselves, they would have his IP and reported it to local authorities. FBI only handles things that are a national security threat like organized crime and terrorism, not a local matter. All the FBI does in this country is set the standards for NICS which are then administered on a state level, and keeps a massive archive of 4473 forms.

The guy did both, he reported it to Youtube and contacted the FBI. The local FBI visited the guy that reported it very quickly.  Nothing happened beyond that.  The FBI dropped the ball.  This was in interstate (Fed) issue.

Murphy is governor Soundbyte.  He's trying to be a public dem that's hitting on the hard hitting democrat issues - Women's Rights, Gun Legislation, DACA, Sanctuary state, etc.  He's trying to look good for the media and give good pub.

None of this helps us in NJ.  How is it going to lower my taxes?  Make life here more affordable?  Fix our Crumbling Infrastructure?

2 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

The FBI director issued a statement saying they absolutely screwed up the Cruz situation.  Rick Scott made a public call out for him to resign.  This isn’t the first FBI screw up and in the end the only people who lose something is legal, law abiding gun owners.

I would argue that law abiding firearms owners aren’t the only ones that are losing something from this FBI screw-up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bully said:

I would argue that law abiding firearms owners aren’t the only ones that are losing something from this FBI screw-up. 

Agreed the loss is very deep.  I should've chosen my words more carefully.  

16 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Murphy is governor Soundbyte.  He's trying to be a public dem that's hitting on the hard hitting democrat issues - Women's Rights, Gun Legislation, DACA, Sanctuary state, etc.  He's trying to look good for the media and give good pub.

None of this helps us in NJ.  How is it going to lower my taxes?  Make life here more affordable?  Fix our Crumbling Infrastructure?

he is a big fraud. He's going to tell all the groups what they want to hear but will have no clue how to implement any of it. He'll keep passing the feel good laws that are already in place and the ignorant will love him for it, but when it comes to an actual people changing law, he has no plan of action. I love how he's been in office 1 month and has visited all of these groups, but has yet to give ARPCNJ time of day.

Unless the state funds it, there will be no door to door and the state is BROKE!  Local PD is not interested. Same as last ban.  Believe me the  REAL Democrats in this state are already worried about this Governor.  Too far, too fast will ensure a disaster at the polls in 2019.  They do not want this.  They'll let him kiss ass for now, but when the rubber meets the road, he will be sidelined so fast it will be unbelievable.  Last thing the state's ruling Democrats want to be is the "Commifornia of the East" right now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

He’s only been in office a month. His first priority is setting himself up for a 2020 POTUS run. After that he’ll sit down and govern NJ. 

before he runs for POTUS, he better have an actual plan of action for anything he says he wants done in this state.

Black and Green Special: Get a free pound of pot when you purchase an AR-15 'Teen wanted to shoot up school, instead fell in love with ben & jerry's and took a nap instead"