GramGun79

Trump on board with raising age to own

Here is the thing about the age limit. 18 when I was 18 equates to about 28 today!!! It may very well be a localized thing but the 18 year olds I see in this area = about 12 to 14 in emotional maturity. That's not to say there aren't exceptions. Of course there are. My 18 year old stands head shoulders waist and knees above his peers. The stay at home, no real social contact other than xbox, infatuated with call of duty and no real responsibilities for the avg 18 year old DOES concern me. Now let me be the first to say that in the big picture, changing to 21 will not deter a determined sociopath. But it could deter the 18 year old emotionally challenged individual that lacks any resourcefulness. But what that translates to is the squeezing of the balloon. So he cant buy a rifle, then he will buy a gallon of gas and propane tanks etc etc etc. Squeeze the bubble on one side of the balloon it just bulges out on the other.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

The fortitude, drive, integrity, self sufficiency, and emotional maturity at an early age for the average individual.

Old enough to vote, old enough to buy a gun.  Plain and simple.  Not every 18 year old is the same.  I know 15 year olds in Pennsylvania that change tires, repair the fence, chainsaw wood and say "sir" or "ma'am".  

• Like 1

Ray Ray, I said average, not the exceptions. But hey, I don't completely hate the idea of raising the age of what a minor is. In many states parents are still legally and financially obligated to their kids until the age of 21. They cant buy alcohol or a pistol until 21. etc etc etc so it seems there are many disparities to begin with. But my point was an overall concern over the avg 18 year old. Again AVERAGE 18 year old. But my thoughts are not to completely deny. Possibly the restriction could be center fire semi auto's. But the way the liberal left schools are effectively promoting their agenda in todays kids maybe voting too!

But before we digress into symantics, make sure you understand my position. Changing the age limit will not protect anyone ecept in possibly the narrowest of scenarios. At the same time the current climate is not likely to leave us unscathed. Additionally I believe I have valid concerns for the age group in question. But if I had my way, mental health would receive the reform, not the constitution. But Society is not going to be fixed in 10 minutes flat either. The Lib Dems ruling the roost of social programs for so long is largely to blame for our present situation in my opinion.

• Like 1

Old enough to vote, old enough to buy a gun.  Plain and simple.  Not every 18 year old is the same.  I know 15 year olds in Pennsylvania that change tires, repair the fence, chainsaw wood and say "sir" or "ma'am".  
That's the issue. I will gladly trade age limit of to buy firearms to 21 in exchange for 21 year age limit to vote. Otherwise no deal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

But before we digress into symantics, make sure you understand my position. Changing the age limit will not protect anyone ecept in possibly the narrowest of scenarios. At the same time the current climate is not likely to leave us unscathed. Additionally I believe I have valid concerns for the age group in question. But if I had my way, mental health would receive the reform, not the constitution. But Society is not going to be fixed in 10 minutes flat either. The Lib Dems ruling the roost of social programs for so long is largely to blame for our present situation in my opinion.

Mental health,... what guidance counselors used to be doing. This fl thing is a calamity of errors by the fed, the school, and the sheriffs department. I’d really like to correct those errors before we fix what ain’t broken elsewhere.

If it’s 21, then it’s 21 for everything. Military service, driving, drinking, voting, smoking, legal weed, marriage, etc etc

• Like 2

Valid question and indeed the reason I think the age limit will fall prey to "common sense" bleating's. But I fully believe that if we don't get something meaningfull for the further restrictions, then we have actually lost. It will be proof positive that its all about restriction, not compromise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

Valid question and indeed the reason I think the age limit will fall prey to "common sense" bleating's. But I fully believe that if we don't get something meaningfull for the further restrictions, then we have actually lost. It will be proof positive that its all about restriction, not compromise.

You’re an intelligent guy, I would to point this out though. Before the ink was dry on the second amendment , rights have progressively been restricted.

5 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

There is no such thing as compromise in the liberal playbook.  The only "compromise" is that the rights we hold so dear have not been as eroded as they initially planned.  We will never move the age of majority.

• Like 1

Indeed it is! And it is the part I find most frustrating. The 2nd is an incorporated amendment, not some afterthought freedom granted at the will of the government. Ive said it before, the saying freedom isn't free doesn't only apply to the soldiers that protect this land. It also means we accept the bad with the good to remain a free society. Westborough Baptist church comes to mind. But where is the outrage and call for restrictions on the freedom of speech when the BLM movements hate speech and the liberal left medias bleating directly lead to the assassination of Law Enforcement officers? A root cause analysis reveals to me that the vast majority of liberal media is a fundamental part of the problem in todays society. The soap box is granted to all the kids wanting to stand up and yell about banning firearms. But that same voice is not afforded to the same kids from the same school that reject that notion. Media control is silencing us and misinforming the masses that don't know what they don't know. This is a huge issue in my opinion.

I agree with Capt. we back age to purchase as long is it matches age to vote. We make the point that voting is as much as a right and responsibility as owning a firearm. Dems will not back it, they want the responsibility of the vote to come cheap.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2018/02/26/inmates-voting-nj-could-restore-voting-rights-prisoners-people-parole-probation/372788002/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

Indeed it is! And it is the part I find most frustrating. The 2nd is an incorporated amendment, not some afterthought freedom granted at the will of the government. Ive said it before, the saying freedom isn't free doesn't only apply to the soldiers that protect this land. It also means we accept the bad with the good to remain a free society. Westborough Baptist church comes to mind. But where is the outrage and call for restrictions on the freedom of speech when the BLM movements hate speech and the liberal left medias bleating directly lead to the assassination of Law Enforcement officers? A root cause analysis reveals to me that the vast majority of liberal media is a fundamental part of the problem in todays society. The soap box is granted to all the kids wanting to stand up and yell about banning firearms. But that same voice is not afforded to the same kids from the same school that reject that notion. Media control is silencing us and misinforming the masses that don't know what they don't know. This is a huge issue in my opinion.

Unplug, cut cable. CNN is partly funded by your cable subscription..

3 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

Well it's all over now. Trump is officially a leftist gun grabber. NRA has a real mess on their hands with this idiot. #IMPEACHTRUMP

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

What Federal laws have been passed? Did I miss sumtin?

What Federal laws have been passed? Did I miss sumtin?
Are you not watching this press conference? He's going to issue an EO banning bump stocks and is demanding law enforcement seize guns now and work out due process later because it takes too long. Oh and he's encouraging ppl to stand up to the NRA.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I'm Gonna trust GEOTUS on this one, he is playing the Libs. I have complete faith in President Trump. He beat the worst evil ever known in the universe, against all the odds stacked against him. He will not let us down. You fair weather supporters freaking out can go sniff Murphy's breath

On 2/21/2018 at 10:00 AM, Ray Ray said:

Incorrect.  He is loyal, to a fault.  He will never give up something without getting something in return.  The art of the deal. 

We hope. Today he told Steve Scalise to forget about including CC reciprocity in any background check fix bill, because it won't pass. Maybe in a separate bill.

In this case, if he stands pat on that, he gave something while getting nothing.