GramGun79

Trump on board with raising age to own

I think the Senate Democrats would certainly filibuster any bill that contained CCW reciprocity. If it even received 50 votes. They could then point to CCW as the reason for the filibuster.

I think they will try to filibuster any bill that could pass the House because they prefer the issue to doing anything to fix the problem. If they filibuster a bill that seems to contain some reasonable measures, then they are the unreasonable ones.

6 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

I think the Senate Democrats would certainly filibuster any bill that contained CCW reciprocity. If it even received 50 votes. They could then point to CCW as the reason for the filibuster.

I think they will try to filibuster any bill that could pass the House because they prefer the issue to doing anything to fix the problem. If they filibuster a bill that seems to contain some reasonable measures, then they are the unreasonable ones.

The democrats certainly want to hold this issue over the republicans all the way to the midterms. They’ll fight any bill that makes the republicans look good and claim the whole time thst “it doesn’t do enough”

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

We hope. Today he told Steve Scalise to forget about including CC reciprocity in any background check fix bill, because it won't pass. Maybe in a separate bill.

In this case, if he stands pat on that, he gave something while getting nothing.

Unfortunately, I agree

He keeps tossing Gun Free Zones into the conversation. Is that what he hopes to get out of this?  While I think its imperative to make it illegal to declare any square inch of America a gun free zone, he is potentially giving up FAR too much. 

The Republicans should let the Democrats Filibuster and invoke the 2 speech rule. After each has given their 2 speeches only a simple majority is needed to pass any legislation. The longest the Democrats will be able to delay a bill is 33 days, and that's if each of them can make it 8hrs per speech without a break. In reality I think it would last less than 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

Ok, got the point, we should then raise it to 65 ..... :banghead:

Are you nuts???!!!! That's waaaaay too low. I'm going to start using my common sense gun law skills here and say the only way we will all be safe is to raise it to 168, and also include bb guns.

24 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i think they should just make it illegal to kill people.

Great, now what will we all do with our guns. Might as well throw them in the trash if that law gets on the books.

1 minute ago, Gus said:

Are you nuts???!!!! That's waaaaay too low. I'm going to start using my common sense gun law skills here and say the only way we will all be safe is to raise it to 168, and also include bb guns.

what about water guns?...

Just now, Sam1 said:

what about water guns?...

Depends, are they assault water guns with the "thingy that goes up" and one additional feature, like it takes water?

• Like 1

Just now, Gus said:

Great, now what will we all do with our guns. Might as well throw them in the trash if that law gets on the books.

don't worry if that is a republican/NRA idea, democrats will never vote for it ..

1 minute ago, Gus said:

Depends, are they assault water guns with the "thingy that goes up" and one additional feature, like it takes water?

we can restrict that to 1 oz of water

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

don't worry if that is a republican/NRA idea, democrats will never vote for it ..

we can restrict that to 1 oz of water

1oz is ridiculous. They will just keep reloading from their high capacity 1.5L Deer Park water bottle sold at Wawa for $1.79. Thats over 50 ounces!

The only solution is to ban these high capacity water bottles too! You know, for the children.

• Like 1

Just in, Breaking News! Wawa CEO anounces that they are banning high capacity water bottles in 3 of their 900 stores. Raising the age limit to buy water to 56. Soda and sugary snacks still on the shelves.

• Like 2

Just now, Gus said:

1oz is ridiculous. They will just keep reloading from their high capacity 1.5L deer park water bottle sold at Wawa for $1.79. Thats over 50 ounces!

We have to ban these high capacity water bottles too! You know, for the children.

you know, if it's for the children then I can't argue .. you got me there ... 

• Like 1

Wtf is wrong with you people there is absolutely nothing funny about any of this whatsoever. I, me, personally devoted significant time, effort and money to get this guy elected. He is stabbing me in the back, first on the border wall and now on the greatest issue to me, the Constitution.

I rewatched that event last night and wanted to throw up. Actually lost sleep. Idk how cornyn, scalise and other conservatives didn't just get up and walk out midway through. Trump's commentary was beyond disgusting on many levels, and the image of a down right giddy Diane feinstein will haunt me for a long long time. There's no other way to view this than as a complete disaster

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

Wtf is wrong with you people there is absolutely nothing funny about any of this whatsoever. I, me, personally devoted significant time, effort and money to get this guy elected. He is stabbing me in the back, first on the border wall and now on the greatest issue to me, the Constitution.

I rewatched that event last night and wanted to throw up. Actually lost sleep. Idk how cornyn, scalise and other conservatives didn't just get up and walk out midway through. Trump's commentary was beyond disgusting on many levels, and the image of a down right giddy Diane feinstein will haunt me for a long long time. There's no other way to view this than as a complete disaster

Try to get some sleep. NJ is in far worse shape right now then the nation. Nationally, you haven’t been stabbed... yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indianajonze said:

Puts serious face on: First of all there's nothing wrong with me. I am just as upset with this as anyone. What you are characterizing as us being funny, is actually us pointing out how stupid and useless liberal "logic" is. We don't have to be serious gremlinfaced minions with our camo uniforms on and marching to trenton to be upset at the current situation.

Takes off serious face: Guys, banning water bottles is a start, but we really need to go after the serious problem of being funny all the time.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gus said:

Puts serious face on: First of all there's nothing wrong with me. I am just as upset with this as anyone. What you are characterizing as us being funny, is actually us pointing out how stupid and useless liberal "logic" is. We don't have to be serious gremlinfaced minions with our camo uniforms on and marching to trenton to be upset at the current situation.

Takes off serious face: Guys, banning water bottles is a start, but we really need to go after the serious problem of being funny all the time.

Humorless sanctuaries? Jus an idea

1 hour ago, Indianajonze said:

Make calls.... write letters... make some 2A donations... channel your justifiable anger for GOOD!! It's waaaay too early for despair. With a name like Indianajonze, sheesh... you need to show a bit more swashbuckling spirit, my friend! ;)

• Like 3

So I lurk on another forum... “The liberal gun club”. There is a thread about Trump wanting to take guns regardless of due process. This post on there made me smile.

I caught about five minutes of MSNBC today. They were talking about Trump's declaration and how that couldn't be done -- and how taking guns wouldn't solve mental health issues or address police who wouldn't face a gunman.

In other words, in the wake of Trump's declaration, they suddenly switched focus and actually sounded OK with guns. That was the first time I'd ever seen MSNBC take that approach.

NPR ran a story making similar points.

Time will definitely tell, but it looks like Trump played the media. He has a history of doing this.

Regards”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

So I lurk on another forum... “The liberal gun club”. There is a thread about Trump wanting to take guns regardless of due process. This post on there made me smile.

I caught about five minutes of MSNBC today. They were talking about Trump's declaration and how that couldn't be done -- and how taking guns wouldn't solve mental health issues or address police who wouldn't face a gunman.

In other words, in the wake of Trump's declaration, they suddenly switched focus and actually sounded OK with guns. That was the first time I'd ever seen MSNBC take that approach.

NPR ran a story making similar points.

Time will definitely tell, but it looks like Trump played the media. He has a history of doing this.

Regards”

Ok, is it the excited delirium? Or the majority is this impatiently stupid? Is it the instant response/ result thing now?

its everywhere. Patience no longer a virtue?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5236931

Small Print: I hope you take this in good spirit. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Those of you who are jumping ship on Trump....He is playing a game...He is playing the Dems....Give him time here and don't be so quick to rush to judgement. I still say he is on our side and he knows what he is doing!

I've heard this before. But the last time I checked, picking your nose with a bishop while making horsey noises as you bounce a knight around your fischer-price picnic table does not count as playing chess.

What I think we saw/heard was another episode of the reality TV show "TRUMP!"

There was also a closed-door meeting.

I kinda doubt that any bill that passes through Congress is going to restrict the age to own a long gun to 21, rather it's more likely to restrict the age to purchase a long gun to 21.

winchester-rifle-christmas-gift-17606175

This focus on legislating an age change is "feelgood" legislation.

IMO the underlying problem behind most mass shootings is the Community Mental Health Act of 1963 and the deinstitutionalization (and normalization) of the severely mentally ill. 

But if raising the purchase age for long guns to 21 (in addition to handguns, tobacco and alcohol) makes the under 21s feel good, let them have it.

• Like 1

Yeah,  here's the latest... Trump  had a meeting with the NRA and Pence. The article implies they knocked him back towards the pro-2A position.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nra-suggests-trump-may-retreat-from-gun-control/ar-BBJLsFa?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Personally? I'm pretty sure THIS is what happened >>>> a White House admin nervously approached the President and passed him a printed copy of the email I sent a couple days ago. He opened it, read it, smiled broadly and proclaimed, "Thank God for this email... I now see the error of my ways!" and thus he immediately swung back to a pro-2A position.

That's my story... and I'm sticking to it.  :rofl:

15 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

IMO the underlying problem behind most mass shootings is the Community Mental Health Act of 1963 and the deinstitutionalization (and normalization) of the severely mentally ill. 

YES!! And the rapid decline of psychiatric beds in the decades since. A broken system all the way around!

• Like 2