xXxplosive

Murphy with the pen in hand....

The bills were introduced this month by Assembly Majority Leader Louis Greenwald, who met with Murphy and representatives from gun safety organizations last week to discuss gun violence in New Jersey and reforms needed to ensure the safety of all New Jerseyans.

"Throughout my time in the Assembly, I've worked to keep our communities safe from gun violence. I've sponsored legislation to lower magazine capacity to 10 rounds, supported smart gun production and sales in state, worked to create gun buyback programs, and pushed for stronger background checks," said Greenwald. "I am proud to have an ally like Governor Murphy working hand in hand with the legislature as we work to end gun violence and ensure New Jersey is a safe place."

The bills would do the following:

• A2761 - Reduce maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds; exempts firearms with .22 caliber tubular magazines from 10 round limitation.
  • A2758 - Codify regulations defining justifiable need to carry handgun.
  • A2757 - Require background check for private gun sales.
  • A2759 - Prohibit possession of ammunition capable of penetrating body armor
  • A2760 - Revise definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.

Attorney General Gurbir Grewal, appearing with Murphy on Tuesday, said "enough is enough" regarding gun massacres.

"We're here to put our words into action," he said. "To ensure that our schools, our communities, our workplaces, remain safe from violence, we're here to do what is within our collective power to ensure that the unspeakable horror that took place last week in Parkland, Fla. never repeats itself ever again.

So now we're banning all rifle ammunition..?

A2759  ... Besides the rest if the text of it which of course is a load of crap ...   

"h.   Stun guns.  Any person who knowingly has in his possession any stun gun is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree."

Didn't we just get this taken care of?  now they are trying to add it back in?

24 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

So now we're banning all rifle ammunition..?

Of course its common sense.  Once this is signed it will eliminate all the bad guns and insure the bad people will not have them anymore.  Any fool can see that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Didn't we just get this taken care of?  now they are trying to add it back in?

It could be a lawyer's trick.  Pile on the mud to exhaust the other side even if you know you're wrong.  It all comes down to how much money one side wants to or can pay for defense.

• Like 2

Just now, xXxplosive said:

Maybe he'll catch the Flu.....

It's more than him.  It's having a one party system.  People need to vote. We don't have a fair balance in our state house.  If he catches the flu or gets hit by a bus, there'll be another right behind him.  He can't do squat without the votes to support him. People need to vote in the upcoming mid terms.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, W2MC said:

I see info from the Gov, info from the Assembly........but where's Sweeney?

^^^THAT^^^ right there is the MAGIC question my man!  For w/o GOD there will be no Bill Signing Party!

By the way, the lawsuit Duncan vs. Becerra is still active (this is California's 10-round limit) and no one in California has turned in any <cough> standard capacity magazines.

Becerra (California AG) has just responded to the injunction, you can read it here if you want - http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Duncan-v.-Becerra_Appellants-Reply-Brief-_84.pdf

Legit question if it passes and goes from 15 to 10, what do you do?  How do you get your 15 rd clip to 10?  Is that possible?  Should I start shopping for 10rd clips?  

I know there's a gut response of "F" them but realistically what does a legal law abiding NJ citizen do to not get arrested, have to spend tens to hundreds of thousands on lawyers, and not go to jail for this mag round limit BS?

5 minutes ago, ShadowShu said:

Legit question if it passes and goes from 15 to 10, what do you do?  How do you get your 15 rd clip to 10?  Is that possible?  Should I start shopping for 10rd clips?  

I know there's a gut response of "F" them but realistically what does a legal law abiding NJ citizen do to not get arrested, have to spend tens to hundreds of thousands on lawyers, and not go to jail for this mag round limit BS?

Your options will be destroy (render inoperable), sell or turn over to the police chief (specifically) within 180 days.

I say we turn them over, one at a time, insisting on a F2F with the chief each time.

15 rounds is kind of an oddball size -- most of my 15 round magazines have been blocked at 15, either by the original manufacturer or by a third party.

Not sure why they couldn't go back to the original manufacturer or third party for modification again, but this may not be cost effective. A 10 round Magpul AR mag is $13.95 from Magpul. Occasionally less on Fleabay.

IIRC nothing but 10 round magazines were available for purchase (new) during the AWB between 1994 and 2004. 

I plan to send any outlaw magazines that I might have to Texas.

If sanity returns to this state before I leave the state or die, the magazines will be returned to me. (It's a remote possibility, but if Trump replaces 4 SC justices, who knows?)

• Like 3

ShadowShu, I will politely correct  you before someone else does.  Learn the difference between clips and magazines.  Enough said on that.  There will be aftermarket inserts to reduce capacity from 15 to 10.  What you do is up to you.  Just remember NJ does not honor a magazine with an insert in it that can be taken out.  The magazine must be unable to take apart.  

I believe the CA case is on NJ DA watch list.  And, I believe that Sweeney is treading lightly at the moment.  Curious what the NJOA thinks of him now?  Of course that is NJ FUDD central.

• Like 1

... The magazine must be unable to take apart...

Not true. "Permanently Altered" doesn't mean sealed, ie Est_Ord and Hexmags. Also, Glock 19 mags hold 16 rounds. Splain dat.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BobA said:

It's more than him.  It's having a one party system.  People need to vote. We don't have a fair balance in our state house.  If he catches the flu or gets hit by a bus, there'll be another right behind him.  He can't do squat without the votes to support him. People need to vote in the upcoming mid terms.

They do vote. Majority of residents are democratic so that's who wins.

1 hour ago, ShadowShu said:

If it passes my 15 rounders don't go anywhere.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, T Bill said:

ShadowShu, I will politely correct  you before someone else does.  Learn the difference between clips and magazines.  Enough said on that.  There will be aftermarket inserts to reduce capacity from 15 to 10.  What you do is up to you.  Just remember NJ does not honor a magazine with an insert in it that can be taken out.  The magazine must be unable to take apart.  

I believe the CA case is on NJ DA watch list.  And, I believe that Sweeney is treading lightly at the moment.  Curious what the NJOA thinks of him now?  Of course that is NJ FUDD central.

Sure they do. HexMags are perfectly legal and they have a letter from the State Police that says that.

24 minutes ago, reloaderguy said:

They do vote. Majority of residents are democratic so that's who wins.

No... the magority is independent. And only 30% voted , @ 18% for Murphy..

30% is an F no matter how hard you scale it. 18% is fricken pathetic, nauseating 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, reloaderguy said:

Makes no difference. Democrats out number republicans in New Germany.

All of the dems aren’t voting either. We need the republican turnout. What we don’t need is the “we’ll never make it” “we’re all gonna die” crap. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BobA said:

All of the dems aren’t voting either. We need the republican turnout. What we don’t need is the “we’ll never make it” “we’re all gonna die” crap. 

Nj voter apathy ranks at the bottom.

” They are all corrupt , makes no difference “ if I had a nickel for everytime I’ve heard that..

• Like 3