xXxplosive

Murphy with the pen in hand....

45 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

How much have gun prices skyrocketed since this shooting and talk of legislation? Was trying to get my hands on a CX4 storm and it seems to have jumped in price by a couple hundred.

theres one for sale here on the Forum, great price

52 minutes ago, bhunted said:

I used worse case scenario. In reality, it will take more time to sell because agents will get less. I want this thing gone when I’m ready.

Here's a tip, use a Flat Fee MLS listing agent, will cost you $300 - $400 to list it and get it on MLS. Regular listing agents are useless.

Offer a 2.5% commission to buyer's agent, you'll have no shortage of potential buyers coming through.

Will save you a ton of money (3.5%). I've sold two houses this way.

You can thank me later. :)

57 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

How much have gun prices skyrocketed since this shooting and talk of legislation? Was trying to get my hands on a CX4 storm and it seems to have jumped in price by a couple hundred.

I have a CX4, it's my favorite of my long guns. I have it in .40.

Now looking for a AR9 variant, considering getting another CX4 in 9mm, or maybe a Wilson Combat AR9.

1 hour ago, bhunted said:

I used worse case scenario. In reality, it will take more time to sell because agents will get less. I want this thing gone when I’m ready.

Rob, you use a mover? What that run ya?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did but I moved very little as I donated the vast majority of furniture to a battered womens charity, gave stuff to friends and family.  I owned my FL home for some time and it was already furnished and had everything I needed.  I moved little but the remainder of clothes and other boxes of household items.  The small amount of furniture I kept I used to furnish my NYC apartment and that tiny move was a bit pricey.  I shipped, flew and drove my guns down.   

Here's a tip, use a Flat Fee MLS listing agent, will cost you $300 - $400 to list it and get it on MLS. Regular listing agents are useless.

Offer a 2.5% commission to buyer's agent, you'll have no shortage of potential buyers coming through.

Will save you a ton of money (3.5%). I've sold two houses this way.

You can thank me later. [emoji4]

Agents avoid those outfits. You likely got lucky. A buyer found it, brought it to their agent, and the agent didn't talk them out of it. 6% is rare these days. The best deal to negotiate is 4% split listing agent 1.5% and buyers agent 2.5%. If listing agent is a hustler they run open houses and get the full 4% (well broker does and agent gets their split).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, PK90 said:

FPID

Pickup from local dealer.

What are the chances of anyone finding out that i have a banned cx4 (if the featurless ban goes through).

Is anyone else keeping things on the ban list? I really don’t want to give up my guns out of principle.

29 minutes ago, MeanGene said:

What are the chances of anyone finding out that i have a banned cx4 (if the featurless ban goes through).

Is anyone else keeping things on the ban list? I really don’t want to give up my guns out of principle.

THEN DON'T!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, capt14k said:

Agents avoid those outfits. You likely got luck. A buyer found it, brought it to their agent, and the agent didn't talk them out of it. 6% is rare these days. The best deal to negotiate is 4% split listing agent 1.5% and buyers agent 2.5%. If listing agent is a hustler they run open houses and get the full 4% (well broker does and they their split.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No luck, smart strategy.

Actually what happens is that if the house gets listed on the MLS, potential buyers will find it first, and if they like what they see, they'll pressure the agent they are working with to show the house. The buyer's agent will make close to their normal commission, so there's no reason for them to object to it.

There was no shortage of people interested in seeing the house, there were just pissed of listing agents that didn't get the deal. The other big piece of that in both instances, I decided to list the house higher than both listing agents wanted to. Had I listened to them, I would have listed it lower AND gave them 2.5% for screwing me plus 2.5% to the buyer's agent.

I know how to play the game correctly.

2 hours ago, MeanGene said:

Yes, if it was legal when I bought it, it will always be legal in my book. It IS the principle of the matter.

I cut a 4% deal on my house.  The inventory was low and the agent did a good job.  She listed 2 weeks before allowing showing and for what I thought was a good price, she said it was low.  The day of the broker open House we had agents come with clients and a bidding war that led to me getting 4.5% over my ask on the first day.  I also negotiated a bit of cash back from the listing and selling agent (2k).  It was just really fortunate timing and I had a nice House.  

The interesting  thing was more than half the people who made offers wrote us letters about themselves and family and why they wanted the house. I guess that’s a new thing?  

... The untereting thing was more than half the people who made offers wrote us letters about themselves and family and why they wanted the house. I guess that’s a new thing?

Our realtor asks us to do that when we made the offer on our house. It must've helped because they accepted our offer in lieu of higher cash offers. Our lives parrelled the owners down to our names.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Our realtor asks us to do that when we made the offer on our house. It must've helped because they accepted our offer in lieu of higher cash offers. Our lives parrelled the owners down to our names.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

We took the second highest offer after the letters and qualifications.  

On 2/23/2018 at 7:16 PM, MeanGene said:

loose lips sink ships.

• Like 3

Looks like all bills passed assembly today. We’re getting fucked.

3 minutes ago, BobA said:

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, 

So my 1911 is a semi and has a detachable magazine.  Is it ban?

Fails Heller. 

12 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Looks like all bills passed assembly today. We’re getting fucked.

Committee. Not yet assembly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

We're being run by those who we wish to identify as the mentally ill....and they want to legalize drugs.........OMO.

Yup. Take away guns from responsible law abiding citizens because they are dangerous, but let’s legalize drugs and be accepting of 50+ different genders because that makes us stronger and better. Liberal logic. 

• Like 1