Haddoncoach

Red Wing Sporting Clays

Has anyone been to Red Wing Sporting Clays recently?  I’ve read some reviews that weee last done by people in 2011 but none more recently.  We have a group of friends who enjoy trying new places and have been rotating among M&M, Quinton, We have visited Lehigh and last weekend went to Cedar Creek for the first time - excellent by the way!

knowing we like these type places, would anyone be able to say that Red Wing is in their league?  Worth the 1 hour + drive for most of us?  Other than Lehigh, are there any spots in PA or DE that would be worth visiting - no more than 1-1/2 hours from S Jersey area - unless it is a Lehigh Valley quality site of course!

Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

I used to shoot at Red Wing all the time when I lived in NJ.  It was only a 15-20 min drive for me.  It is not a fancy course if that is what you want.  It is well laid out and casual.  It is a challenging course and inexpensive as well.

Roger and Christine along with Dan have A good course at Redwing. They have been there A long time and keep it challenging. Nothing fancy but good targets.    Also in South Jersey you have Cedar Creek in Millville, M&M in Pennsville, Quinton Sportsmen in Alloway/ Quinton.   Anybody that wants A fun round or 2 of wobble trap, There is Good Sports gun club on Union Rd. in Millville. They only shoot on Sundays starting at 9 AM   plus they have breakfast available also.

VERY tempting....they're not too far from me, but I've never been down there.

Perhaps we should set-up a NJGunForums trip?  Would be fun...any interest?

From their web site (   http://www.redwinglakes.com/index.html   )

Welcome to Red Wing Sporting clays, a fully automated sporting clays destination. Located in Port Republic, NJ. Open Saturday & Sunday -- September through May 9am to 1pm & weekdays by reservation. You must arrive by 1pm to start your round of clays.

• 2-50 shot sporting clays courses shot over 25 stations.
• 5-station elevated wobble Trap.
• Shooting opportunities for the beginner & competitive shooter. Beginners always welcome.
• Shooting instructions available.
• Beautiful wooded course with wood chipped paths and wooded shooting stations and towers.

OPENING DATE: SEPTEMBER 30TH 2017

HOURS OF OPERATION: EVERY SAT & SUN 9AM till 1PM (Weather Permitting)